• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LAT: Inglewood will vote on new arena for Clippers

Tripon

Inglewood's City Council will vote Thursday on an exclusive negotiating agreement with a Clippers-controlled company to use city-owned land to build an arena for the team, according to a copy of the agreement.

The 22 acres where the 18,000- to 20,000-seat arena would be built are across the street from the 298-acre site where Rams owner Stan Kroenke is building a stadium that will house his team and the Chargers.

The Rams aren't involved in the Clippers' arena project, according to a person with direct knowledge of the situation.

The agreement between the Clippers-controlled company and Inglewood will run for 36 months, giving the team time to complete lengthy environmental reviews. The city will receive $1.5-million to defray costs associated with the effort.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-clippers-inglewood-arena-20170614-story.html

The Forum in Inglewood is where the Lakers formerly played before they moved to the Staples Center in Downtown L.A. where both the Lakers and Clippers currently play.

Zee-Row

Banned
I just don't understand why the Clippers are in LA , once the Lakers get good again they will once again be second fiddle. They should move to a basketball starved city that will appreciate them.

Lemonz

Is there a metro extension going to both stadiums planned for the future?

The Crenshaw/LAX line will be the closest.

Metro-Crenshaw-LAX-Route.jpg

I just don't understand why the Clippers are in LA , once the Lakers get good again they will once again be second fiddle. They should move to a basketball starved city that will appreciate them.

La is the 2nd largest media market in the country. Having your own arena and a tv deal in the 2nd largest media market in the country is like a license to print money. Listen to Ballmer's podcast with Bill Simmons from a few months back and he outlines exactly what the plan is, and it sure as shit isn't moving out of LA.

This makes the most sense. As much as I hate the idea of Inglewood becoming the home of the fucking Clippers, The revitalized Forum plus the upcoming NFL stadium they are really pushing for Inglewood to become like LA Live. Gentrifying like a mother fucker.

norm9

For me, in 2000, I initially bought Clippers season tix just to see the Lakers two times a season since it was so cheap compared to Lakers home games. They got good numerous times in the 17 years since so that's a bonus. But LA always be purple and gold.

Top Bottom