• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Late to the party + Confused: MATRIX REVOLUTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatalah

Okay, my friend just lent me his copy of matrix revs. i never saw it while it was in the theaters cause i truly wasn't in the mood for it--not to mention the not-so-good reviews it was given.

so luckily this weekend, i was able to watch this move for the first time. i think there was a really important reason why Reloaded was released so close to Revolutions---the fact that if the two movies were released 12 months apart, nobody would remember ANYTHING. what i'm getting at is that i'm kind of confused about the ending of the movie.

in the final fight scene between anderson and neo, howcome when mr. anderson was about to finish-off neo, he became all flustered saying 'wait...this has happened before! NOOOO!". and then we find neo being taken over by mr anderson, only to burst him apart with light rays.

then the oracle appears laying in the puddle? what the hell?

please explain!

LakeEarth

Oracle is left laying in a puddle because the Ultimate Smith was Smith copied on the Oracle.

They all exploded because Neo was hooked up directly to the machine mainframe, and he sorta let himself be copied over for... you know, the big boom to happen. It wasn't really 100% explained there.

I don't know the other one.

Desperado

OMGWTF TEH MATRICKS I DONNOT UDNERSTAND!!?!!

maybe he saw what was going to happen because he gained the vision of the oracle...i dunno i hate Revolutions.

OmniGamer

The Oracle was there because after Smith was defeated, she was reverted back to her original state. She knew what she had to do, that's why she let him copy her, setting him up. He knew that she knew that he was coming, and was confused as to why she stayed there.

As for Neo, to me, it looked like he let the Deux Ex Machina kill him. He connects to the matrix, let's Smith copy him, and so if Neo dies, smith dies, and if the main smith dies, all of the other copies are destroyed.

Tenguman

Fatalah said:
so luckily this weekend, i was able to watch this move for the first time. i think there was a really important reason why Reloaded was released so close to Revolutions---the fact that if the two movies were released 12 months apart, nobody would remember ANYTHING.
No, everyone else pretty much experienced the same thing you did when it was first released.

Fatalah

I just figured that since Neo was Smiths Yang (Ying/Yang), without Neo existing, Smith would be gone. The wonderful trick played on the Machine-God, involving the "trade" of Smith's destruction for peace was interesting. It faked us out, we didn't really think destroying Anderson would be this easy. Neither did the machine-god.

So basically, there's a temporary peace between the humans and the machines by the end of the movie. And if *connected* matrix-humans want out of the matrix, they can freely do so.

In the end, the conclusion of Matrix 1 left us with a better ending! More closure. More CLOSURE.

The 2 sequels only left us with weak characters that we grew to love. By the end of Revs, the death of Trinity was pointless. And the fact that Morpheus was a NOBODY bothered me. Neo saving his life in Matrix 1 was probably one of the best movie scenes in cinematography.

Damn. The way this SHOULD have ended was with REAL peace, the machines TOTALLY destroyed. That's not THAT cheap is it? It sounds cheap, but in the end--its what we really wanted to see.

Neo alive, in some sort of way would have been great too. Maybe in some sort of computer system the humans use against the machina-world.

Alucard

Banned
Teh Hamburglar said:
For shame, Alucard. I expected better :(

What do you mean? I liked the first movie. It was cool and brought an interesting idea to the table. The next two movies? There was a total lack of focus, pacing, and cohesion. They seemed to be a bunch of clips just slapped together to make some form of semi-intelligent religious/social statement. Plus, looking at the Smith fight in Reloaded TODAY makes me realize just how bad it actually looks. (Nevermind the fact that Neo could have flown away at ANY time and it becomes an excuse to put 100 Smiths on screen)

I liked elements of each movie. I don't hate them. I was just disappointed with the execution and how the writers tried to cram way too much story and "meaning" into them.

Scoobert

Smith became a type of virus, that not even the machines could control. In the end, Neo let the machines hook up to him knowing that when Smith would try to clone Neo that gives the machines access to erase Smith. Make sense?

And that's why their was peace. Neo helped the machines get rid of Smith, if Neo didn't do it the machines would die and so would man.

Does this make sense to anyone? :p

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Scoobert said:
Smith became a type of virus, that not even the machines could control. In the end, Neo let the machines hook up to him knowing that when Smith would try to clone Neo that gives the machines access to erase Smith. Make sense?

And that's why their was peace. Neo helped the machines get rid of Smith, if Neo didn't do it the machines would die and so would man.

Does this make sense to anyone? :p

that actually does make sense. I was always buying the yin yang bullshit before that.

Bregor

The machines were already connected to Smith - through all the people he had infected still hooked up to the reactor.

nomoment

Alucard said:
What do you mean? I liked the first movie. It was cool and brought an interesting idea to the table. The next two movies? There was a total lack of focus, pacing, and cohesion. They seemed to be a bunch of clips just slapped together to make some form of semi-intelligent religious/social statement. Plus, looking at the Smith fight in Reloaded TODAY makes me realize just how bad it actually looks. (Nevermind the fact that Neo could have flown away at ANY time and it becomes an excuse to put 100 Smiths on screen)

I liked elements of each movie. I don't hate them. I was just disappointed with the execution and how the writers tried to cram way too much story and "meaning" into them.
Totally agree with you here, Alucard.

I thought Reloaded was decent, but Revolutions was just utter crap, no matter how you look at it. By the half-way point of Revolutions, I'd already stopped giving a shit. And that lame DBZ fight between Neo and Smith certainly didn't help things.

Along with Chuck Austen, Matrix Revolutions marked the lowest points for 2003!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom