• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Late to the party; finally got my hand on some PSP and DS

Ranger X

Hey guys tell me your first impression when you did hold a PSP and also a DS in your hand. I've experienced that last thursday

I felt the DS was more heavy and actually not really more "portable" than a PSP. Shoulder buttons i don't like and heck, they messed up again with the crosspad (where's my SNES crosspad Nintendo?)

Sony PSP, my god i thought it would be big and all. It's pretty small and i SOOOO like the look. It's one sexy machine. The kind that screams to you "please buy me". Now i really hope the battery life will be good on this one!

Ranger X

Yeah what's up with the new design? Did they make the shoulders buttons longer so i can press it "on the top" ?

COCKLES

being watched
Wyzdom said:
I work at Ubi Soft...

And I FHUTH Britney, Christina and Monica Bolluchi in a drunken night of sodomy and drug fulled exctasy. But my claim is worthless without pics...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So you held the old Nintendo model? Should have mentioned that in the first post. I'm pretty sure they've made some changes

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The new one feels good. Shoulder buttons felt nice.

And to the worriers about the power button, the model i had did require the power button to be pressed and held for a few seconds, so don't worry about it being turned off.

Nester

I have to stop looking at Avatars to indicate who's posting. I thought I made some post I had no idea about. :(

cvxfreak

I'm surprised Nintendo is still distributing the old models around. I hope they get an actual new model out soon, instead of just pictures... unless I missed something.

Yeah, on the newer model, they gave it a much sexier look, and made all of the buttons, face and shoulder included, larger, and more comfortable.

arter_2

sounds good i really dig the new ds design. How is the psp's screen and what are ubi's plans for games on each system?

GDGF

Soothsayer
Were they dummy models, or did you get to try out any software on either? Did they let you play a GBA game on the DS?

Ranger X

arter_2 said:
sounds good i really dig the new ds design. How is the psp's screen and what are ubi's plans for games on each system?

Are you serious? You think i'm gonna leak stuff here and risk my job somehow? forget it buddy.

I hope the new design of the DS is indeed more confortable.

Chittagong

Gold Member
This thread has the drunk Saturday BS feeling on it. Now, just to check you are really working with Ubisoft - name the entity developing Asphalt: Urban GT and who created the franchise originally? That's an easy question, if you are with them for real, it's a nobrainer. And it's no secret either. Just ask Michel.

Ranger X

I like this shit. Get a life dude. Why would i have justify if i work there or not? If i was working at WallMart you wouldn't question me if it's true isn't it?
Wake up, it's a gaming board here and there's some people hardcore enough to have a life working in videogaming industry and i don't know why i would sound fake.

What's more, I'm working of Splinter Cell 3 right now and i don't know shit about the details of what other games are currently in devellopement and published by the compagny. As a matter of fact, it's not a small compagny and there's a FREAKING LOTS of things i don't know about Ubi.

Ranger X

Speevy said:
I believe you. You rock. Can I have a free game?

Unless i would give MY free copies of game that are coming out, no. And i like my free games :D

Chittagong
Well, my job is the only thing about wich i have an ego somewhere so it's possible that i climb fast over your head when you're giving me shit about that. Looks like i'm human. Peace.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Lost Weekend said:
Were they dummy models, or did you get to try out any software on either? Did they let you play a GBA game on the DS?

Unless answering these would compromise your job, I would also like to know the extent of your play-test.

Also, do you know when UbiSoft (and by consequence other developers) are receiving the updated DS models? Do they have them already? It really seems like they should, if the launch is indeed in November (unless UbiSoft isn't supporting the system, which you indicated you couldn't tell us).

GDGF

Soothsayer
Don't know why he couldn't. Ubi's already gone on the record as supporting the NDS with Rayman DS and some other titles (unnamed at this point, but one is a movie license)

Ranger X

Actually i didn't try a game on any of them. This is why i only gave impression about the machine itself, how it hangs, how it looks.
Most probably we have some "new design DS" but i won't say things i don't know about.
The machines were there at some "job party", i'm not working on the portable department so i don't know much details. ;(

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Wyzdom said:
What's more, I'm working of Splinter Cell 3 right now and i don't know shit about the details of what other games are currently in devellopement and published by the compagny. As a matter of fact, it's not a small compagny and there's a FREAKING LOTS of things i don't know about Ubi.
Were those intentional, or are you drunk? :)

Brofist

c'mon man..you get us all hyped up and your impressions are PSP = ultra hot and sexy, and DS = a big block of shit. tell us something more substantial that we couldn't already tell from pictures.

u_neek

Late to the party.....
rolleyes.png
?? asshole...

Seth C

I've been saying it since E3. PSP is NOT all the at big. It's actually very thin, and pretty sleek and sexy. Trust me, it isn't easy to feel so turned on by the hardware. I've never been the biggest Sony fan.

Miburou

I think he's French-Canadian, working at Ubi Soft Montreal (which would mean only a 15-minute walk from my place).

Ranger X

Yep i'm in Montreal and french is my first language. I type so freakin fast that most of the time i'm not noticing those errors lol

Cybamerc
You didn't get my thread at all. Go read my very first post again and just tell me where you can tell i was suppose to talk about something else than the look and feel of the machine itself. I wanted impressions from people who had the chance to have a PSP and a DS in their hands, simply.

And the "late to the party" it's because there's people around here on this board that have been at the 2004 E3 so...

Wyzdom said:
Yep i'm in Montreal and french is my first language. I type so freakin fast that most of the time i'm not noticing those errors lol

Is Ubi hiring in January by any chance? :D

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Wyzdom said:
The machines were there at some "job party", i'm not working on the portable department so i don't know much details. ;(
Was it some sort of company party and they just decided to bust out those units for the hell of it?

John: Hey can I have some punch?
Waiter: NO BUT HOW ABOUT SOME PSP!
John: No, thanks but I'm pretty thirsty.
Waiter: DON'T WANT THE PSP, THEN HOW ABOUT SOME DS?
John: No seriously, I just took this pill and If I don't swallow it...
Waiter: WHAT YOU WANT TO TRY BOTH? OKAY!
*John is now choking on his own spittle falling to the ground*
Other Waiter: HE DIDN'T WANT TO TRY EITHER SYSTEM?
Waiter: NOPE, WHAT A DOUCHE.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
TekunoRobby said:
Was it some sort of company party and they just decided to bust out those units for the hell of it?

John: Hey can I have some punch?
Waiter: NO BUT HOW ABOUT SOME PSP!
John: No, thanks but I'm pretty thirsty.
Waiter: DON'T WANT THE PSP, THEN HOW ABOUT SOME DS?
John: No seriously, I just took this pill and If I don't swallow it...
Waiter: WHAT YOU WANT TO TRY BOTH? OKAY!
*John is now choking on his own spittle falling to the ground*
Other Waiter: HE DIDN'T WANT TO TRY EITHER SYSTEM?
Waiter: NOPE, WHAT A DOUCHE.

:D

And yeah, this stinks of bullshit. Wyzdom, have you met SCEE, the true !ndu$TrY 1N$iD3R?

Ranger X

Goreomedy said:
:D

And yeah, this stinks of bullshit. Wyzdom, have you met SCEE, the true !ndu$TrY 1N$iD3R?

bleh, your trust-no-trust shit gets really tiring guys. How can i describe you more precisely how it did happen. I'm working in QA dep at Ubi Montreal, at the end of the day there's a party IN THE PORTABLE GAMES DEP. I go, i see there's a PSP attached ot it's dev kit or something and i tried it! Same for the DS. Now i came here and wanted impression from people who had the chance to hold the machine in their hands, that's all. You want me to fax you some drawings of something?

Ranger X

Tekuno - you had a PSP and a DS in your hands? and what are your impressions about it?(otherwise then fuck off. Today you're not funny. Normally you're a respectfull poster. Sad.)

Top Bottom