• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Late to the party; finally got my hand on some PSP and DS

Oh man you're so late....you didn't even notice that Nintendo changed the design of the DS...

iaaaw.jpg

Deg

Banned
Wyzdom said:
Tekuno - you had a PSP and a DS in your hands? and what are your impressions about it?(otherwise then fuck off. Today you're not funny. Normally you're a respectfull poster. Sad.)

He's just making fun of you. I presume you havent heard of e3 :p

Ranger X

I know. It's just that you gently try to get impressions from people on stuff, you make a thread and there's always people coming in and just shitting around.
And the thing with the DS it's just i didn't said witch model it was in my first post, i know it has been redesigned.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
COCKLES said:
And I FHUTH Britney, Christina and Monica Bolluchi in a drunken night of sodomy and drug fulled exctasy. But my claim is worthless without pics...

Monica Bellucci.

Nice thread BTW.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I'm a miserable failure, I was trying to do stupid humor and it went horribly wrong. :(

I really sorry Wyzdom, those posts of mine weren't questioning your credibility (I completely beleive you actually), they were just there to add stupid humor.

The whole mock-situation post was just there because I thought it was funny having a DS and PSP presentation for employees in a party atmosphere. I'm positive this happens all the time at major companies and doesn't suprise me but it still strikes me as rather humorous.

The "6 year old homeless girl" post was actually supposed to prove the point of how ridiculous people get with their "I don't beleive you" demands. You were pointing that out by offering a "faxed drawing" and I thought to add some craziness by making additional demands in order for me to beleive you.

Ranger X

Goreomedy said:
Then why did you ask Nintendo where your SNES crosspad was?

Because it's not the SNES pad on this model and the crosspad was shitty that's all. What's the crosspad like on the new model? (i just saw pictures of it and i don't remember that)

Peace Tekuno ;)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Ok apologies out of the way, time for some serious questions!

The PSP definitely seems to be very ergonomic but how are the buttons and button placements? Do they give a nice "click" feeling or is it similar to the PS2 controllers analog buttons?

I'm surprised by the mention of the DS' weight. Actually I don't think I've ever heard any comments about it. Just how heavy was the model at the event, anything off the top of your head that you could compare it too? Do the buttons have a nice feeling too it (aside from the D-pad complaints) and is the angular design cramped for hands?

Ranger X

TekunoRobby said:
Ok apologies out of the way, time for some serious questions!

The PSP definitely seems to be very ergonomic but how are the buttons and button placements? Do they give a nice "click" feeling or is it similar to the PS2 controllers analog buttons?

I'm surprised by the mention of the DS' weight. Actually I don't think I've ever heard any comments about it. Just how heavy was the model at the event, anything off the top of your head that you could compare it too? Do the buttons have a nice feeling too it (aside from the D-pad complaints) and is the angular design cramped for hands?

On the PSP the feel of the buttons is quite nice. It's not as soft as pressing buttons on a Dual Shock 2 but it feels good. The pressing remind me a bit of the GBA. The L and R is super smooth and looks great being transparent. I don't know if it's because of what people were saying but i was expecting the PSP to be bigger and i was pleasantly surprised by how portable it is and also how light it is. I felt it's as light as a GBA.

The DS (first model) weight more than the PSP, i wish someone could bring out some specs. Maybe it's because of the 2 screens or something. The buttons and crosspad feel quite flat. You lack the feel of pressing it a bit for my tastes. It's overall good but not GBA good. The L and R on this model really are "corners button" and i really didn't like that. My hands are conditioned to press L and R over the top of the thing, not press on a fucking corner. I wish i'll have the chance to at least hold the newer model soon.

EDIT: oh and about the joystick button of the PSP... you know what it reminds me? Can you recall that NES controller that was having a circle shaped plastic thing that you were sliding on instead of a crosspad? It feels the same except it's a bit harder and the button itself is more textured and give some "textile style" feeling went you touch it.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Wyzdom said:
EDIT: oh and about the joystick button of the PSP... you know what it reminds me? Can you recall that NES controller that was having a circle shaped plastic thing that you were sliding on instead of a crosspad? It feels the same except it's a bit harder and the button itself is more textured and give some "textile style" feeling went you touch it.
The NES Max!

nes_max.jpg

I had one of these, didn't like it too much.

Wyzdom said:

Do you mean this Max controller?
nes-max.jpg

And to prove his credibility again, I know the guy, and he's indeed working for Ubi Soft.

Hellraizah

The Main Event said:
Do you mean this Max controller?
nes-max.jpg

And to prove his credibility again, I know the guy, and he's indeed working for Ubi Soft.

Right, I know him too, and it's true. You guys are really assholes when someone when someone mention something like this. It's not like he claimed to be Arnold Shwartznegger, huh, he's a tester at Ubi Soft.

Top Bottom