• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Late to the party: Splinter Cell (Xbox)

thorns

Banned
Finally picked up this game quite cheap as part of the classics line. There seems to be quite a lot of hate here for that game but I found the game absolutely goergous and thrilling. The game is more or less linear but there are still many areas where you have more or less a few options to follow. The trial and error nature made me feel this game as more of an adventure type game rather than an action/stealth game. It made me feel like in a thriller movie where as I couldn't never get into MGS due to all the cutscenes and since I rarely play a game for the story (prefer books for that) I found the gameplay severely lacking.

Graphics are stunning for what is a rather old game now, with very nice shadow, I can't wait to see how SC3 will look.

SyNapSe

I felt about the same as you did.. except I got a bit bored of the Trial and Error gameplay after a while.

Top Bottom