• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Casual Weekend All Random All Mid Group!

bluemax

Banned
So I've been kicking around this idea for a few days and I wanted to make a thread to see if we could get a group of 8-10 going for this.

Here's the idea in FAQ form!

Q. What is it?
A. All Random All Mid, is a rules variation for League of Legends. In short everyone chooses Random on the character select screen and everyone goes to the mid lane for the entire game.

Q. What do I need to participate?
A. The LoL client and preferably skype with a microphone. We can use other voice clients if enough people prefer. If you don't have a mic that's fine, but being on voice is helpful. Also please be AT LEAST summoner level 10. If you aren't and want to participate send me a PM and we can discuss.

Q. When do you want to do this?
A. Tonight around 8pm PST/11pm EST would be great but I'm flexible to whatever will get us the most people.

Q. I have only one set of runes/I'm only good with one character can I still play?
A. Of course! Half the fun of AR/AM is learning a new character on the fly. Since this is a casual game and will be done using practice mode it should be light hearted and a good way to learn some of the game.

Q. How do I get in on this?
A. If you already have the game just post your summoner name and I'll send you a friend request. Once we have an agreed upon time I'll send everyone a game invite.

Q. What specific rules will we be playing by?
A. 1. All summoners must pick random. If you use the same character more than twice in a row you will not be permitted back. If by dumb luck you roll the same hero that many times just re roll. NO MANUAL PICKING.
2. All summoners must stay in the mid lane at all times. No jungling whatsoever.
3. You can not retreat further back than your most forward tower at any time.
4. You can not blue pill under any circumstances. Shopping can only be done on death.
5. By popular demand NO BUSHES.

Q. Any item restrictions?
A. None at this time

Q. Any hero restrictions?
A. None for now, ARAM doesn't work the same as vanilla LoL so bans would be different.

I think that's all for now! Post up if you want to play, or ask questions if you have them!

Who is in:
bluemax
Teknopathetic
IcedTea
Legato.Reborn-
warcock (possibly)
EviLore

IcedTea

bluemax said:
Q. What specific rules will we be playing by?
A. 1. All summoners must pick random. If you use the same character more than twice in a row you will not be permitted back. If by dumb luck you roll the same hero that many times just re roll. NO MANUAL PICKING.
When you create the game you can set it to all random which forces everyone to random pick.

I'm interested in participating, but I can't say for sure that I'll be around tonight at that time. If I am and it isn't full up I'll let you know though. Also, I find that allowing people to use bushes at all creates more problems than it solves. Since everyone is on screen or dead all the time anyways you can immediately tell when someone is mia so it provides no tactical advantage, and it makes it so much easier for someone to break the rules by running through the jungle or something (on purpose or just on instinct). Your rules though, and either way can work. Just my $.02.

bluemax

Banned
IcedTea said:
When you create the game you can set it to all random which forces everyone to random pick.

I'm interested in participating, but I can't say for sure that I'll be around tonight at that time. If I am and it isn't full up I'll let you know though. Also, I find that allowing people to use bushes at all creates more problems than it solves. Since everyone is on screen or dead all the time anyways you can immediately tell when someone is mia so it provides no tactical advantage, and it makes it so much easier for someone to break the rules by running through the jungle or something (on purpose or just on instinct). Your rules though, and either way can work. Just my $.02.

Ah okay, I hadn't looked at the options but that definitely helps!

I guess we can take a vote on bushes, the high elo streams I've watched seemed to allow them but not really use them.

I'm game, and btw, as mentioned above, when creating the practice game you can set 'blind pick' to 'all random'.

edit: when I host, I disallow bushes --- it usually leads to jungling by douchebags

IcedTea

Legato.Reborn- said:
edit: when I host, I disallow bushes --- it usually leads to jungling by douchebags
Well, hopefully that won't be a problem in a GAF game, but even then trouble can arise. Say you're chilling out in a bush and all of a sudden your teammates back off and you have 3 enemies near you. In that situation you're supposed to either just stand there and wait for them to kill you, or book it through the enemy team and hope they let you live somehow. Normally you'd just run up the river and circle around, but you can't do that in an AMAR game so you're basically forced to suicide. It can be hard to not just move up the river to safety though in that kind of situation, even if you're not trying to be a douche bag or anything.

Zeeh is my summoner name btw.

WARCOCK

Banned
I can play.

8====================================================D

I suggest we evenly spread killstealers amongst the teams. Rolleyez.

caromelo

I'm down again. All random, All Mid is really fun and also helps me get acclimated to different heroes who i don't normally use.

Top Bottom