• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
i love queuing up to play league and once i get into game realizing that literally nothing i will do matters since the game is entirely going to be controlled by the plat/dia players in my otherwise silver/gold team ResidentSleeper

zkylon

zkylewd
gotta rise to the occasion

be the change u want to see in the world

be that diamond player to someone else

btw had to report a surrender spamming player on lux mode, bummer. mode is real fun tho, i kind of love it. wish more friends were playing the game so i could play the premades mode

Final boss has 400 armor and immune to shred, so at best you can get the 20% amp from Lord Dominik.

Im guessing BoRK monster cap applies to the final boss, but IDK about Chos. We died at the second to the last Onslaught stage where you move and avoid the Vels. Even as Soraka with active Warmogs theres just too many of them.

Newt

Played the new mode with a bunch of people from GAF/discord and it was really fun. Really had to put a lot of effort into winning, which made it really enjoyable. If anyone wants to try to get premades going, you can use this link.

https://discord.gg/NUHT44Y

439faf5eaf44fe9cd656a1e59a070fef.png
What wasn't enjoyable has been the normals matchmaking recently.

Their highest ranked player is gold 5...

Unranked Garen vs diamond 2 toplaner.

Draft mode just feels unplayable for me. I'm sure blind pick wouldn't be any better either.

Final boss has 400 armor and immune to shred, so at best you can get the 20% amp from Lord Dominik.

Im guessing BoRK monster cap applies to the final boss, but IDK about Chos. We died at the second to the last Onslaught stage where you move and avoid the Vels. Even as Soraka with active Warmogs theres just too many of them.

I pulled it off second time with pre level 30 group. We did surprisingly well with a Lux, MF, Jinx, Raka , Syndra combo. ADCs are the real power in this mode. What you really want is a shit ton of CD, runes wise I would just run flat cd.

The boss was tough, but once you work out the abilities it's not too tough. Fucking Cho and Rek knockup spam is the biggest danger to the team. It is very possible to constantly ccd.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i wonder if poppy maxing w first with cdr runes is not a bad idea to just spam it to interrupt the reksais and protect the team

Kenai

I've also not been able to beat Onslaught.. and i've been play testing it for a few weeks. It has been beaten though!
For normal try 4 carries and Soraka ;)

I died in a similar spot to another poster, second to last area where the reksais knock people up over and over again so they are ez pickings for off screen velkoz. I was soraka and rushed warmogs/censor and it worked right up until then.

I am also wondering how to do that without Poppy W.

zkylon

zkylewd
Reddit was saying you gotta get Ardent on her and spam the shit out of her shield
yeah that's what i did on lulu and felt really strong

i bet it's even better on lux

also might get some cdr quints so i can have 40% asap

idk which order to max on lux, i think maybe e > w, cos u want to spam the shield but her e is like a really good way to kill velkozes

Soulblighterr

Neo Member
Does anyone on Garena want to play invasion mode now or later? My Garena account isn't old enough to have a significant friends list and playing this mode with randos has been supremely frustrating.

Leezard

I got the ward now! I've gotten 5 tokens so far, we managed to get an A rank overall to get the fifth mission done, the only one that I can do right now is the one without mages. No mages should be the easiest one since we already did no utility and no marksmen.

It's a really fun game mode.

killatopak

Gold Member
Does anyone on Garena want to play invasion mode now or later? My Garena account isn't old enough to have a significant friends list and playing this mode with randos has been supremely frustrating.

What country though? Or does simply changing region on the garena client allow previously installed League to work?

Might be a bit rusty though. It's been a month since I last played. Now that I mention it fuck I'm on LP decay.

Soulblighterr

Neo Member
What country though? Or does simply changing region on the garena client allow previously installed League to work?

Might be a bit rusty though. It's been a month since I last played. Now that I mention it fuck I'm on LP decay.

I don't think region on the garena client would be a problem.

zkylon

zkylewd
I got the ward now! I've gotten 5 tokens so far, we managed to get an A rank overall to get the fifth mission done, the only one that I can do right now is the one without mages. No mages should be the easiest one since we already did no utility and no marksmen.

It's a really fun game mode.
whoa nice, that's quick

Unless they changed it over the last 3 years, you couldn't really change regions. You had to make a new account.

Newt

It's not getting skewed or anything. Ezreal jungle probably does have a better winrate than Ezreal ADC.

That doesn't make Ezreal jungle good.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Probably because someone posted on Reddit saying JG Ez has better win rate than ADC Ez.
https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/current/platinum/plus/champion/Ezreal/Jungle/

op.gg has it behind ADC by only 0.69%.
http://www.op.gg/champion/ezreal/statistics/adc

I'm blind so I can't find the raw numbers for the picks somehow, so can't say if the win rate was getting skewed by some OTPs.
It's all at the top on lolalytics. It is a pointless comparison though because you compare against other champions in the role, not the best role to play the champion. I think Ezreal jungle is actually okay but I would imagine it's exactly the sort of thing most people would be poorly equipped to adapt to. Seems kind of like Nidalee jungle to me tbh.

Kenai

That reminds me of that adorable Lee Shin support thing that was popular for a few months way back when because of some tournament.

I don't see any reason why jungle Ezreal would be better than jungle Twitch and nobody's playing jungle Twitch.

Jungle Twitch is basically pure level 2 cheese. Last time I played against him I had my team ward him out early and evade his cheese gank. He's totally useless if it fails since his clear speed is terrible on multi-minion camps and he's so easy to kill. Ezreal is a much more legit jungler with clear speed and mobility to escape from invades. Better ganks after first red runs out too. I wouldn't play him though because your team comp is completely screwed unless your top laner goes for a tank.

Leezard

It was a lot of fun to figure out the game mode together with a 5 man premade. We had to do the S rank quest 4 times because some people left and some people joined the team with few quests complete.

JulianImp

I managed to get an A rank or better with four randoms, and that was enough for me to craft the ward skin, which looked pretty nice. Still, I don't get why one of the options costs 640RP while the other is a measly champ shard that's only worth 1700IP.

Liked playing Jinx since it kind of helps me work on my kiting skills when my champ has high AS (and I still probably canceled way too many rockets by mistake, though).

Leezard

I imagine the permanent is more useful to new players than the ward skin. You can get both with some effort, but getting one is easy at least.

S rank complete! I didn't even expect to get it.

I mean how do you even win one game in this mode? I have never finished it once not even on normal. Same every time.. gets swarmed and everyone just dies.

Fuck invasion. Just unbalanced imo. Sure only played it 4 times now but lost all 4. Onslaught lost on next to last all times and normal on last boss.

Yeah i wont complete the quests at all this go around. Especially not with a full premade lol.. i dont have 4 others to play with :p

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I mean how do you even win one game in this mode? I have never finished it once not even on normal. Same every time.. gets swarmed and everyone just dies.

Fuck invasion. Just unbalanced imo. Sure only played it 4 times now but lost all 4. Onslaught lost on next to last all times and normal on last boss.

Yeah i wont complete the quests at all this go around. Especially not with a full premade lol.. i dont have 4 others to play with :p
Just transfer your account to na :D

Soulblighterr

Neo Member

Kite, Kite, Kite, Kite, Kite. It also depends on the level of people you are playing with. If you are playing with bronzies you will have to play a lot of games to win even once.

Even with good/decent players it depends on which maps you get. The bridge map for example is really hard, regardless of which champions you choose.

If you are good on adc's play jinx and follow that guide on reddit. Makes life a lot easier.

Top Bottom