• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legacy of Kain Series Prequel Announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Prequel graphic novel, that is.

The Legacy of Kain series maintains a rabid fan following, even though it's been a long time since there's been a new game. More than two decades, in fact. But there's a new ray of light on the Nosgoth horizon in the form of a graphic novel called Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver – The Dead Shall Rise.

As the first new Legacy of Kain content since 2003's Legacy of Kain: Defiance, The Dead Shall Rise serves as a prequel to the Soul Reaver games. The book flashes back to Raziel's human past as a Sarafan warrior and reveals how he came to be a vampire serving under Kain. The goal is to answer some long-running questions about the Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver mythos while also introducing a major new vampire character with close ties to both Raziel and Kain.

Image Credit: Crystal Dynamics/Bit Bot Media

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
adamsapple adamsapple

fDsbUya.gif

I'm full of copium. I love Kain so a game where he was human would be cool. Then a reboot of the series where that boring ass Raziel was never the main. Keep Kain as the main protag.
Lmaooooo, I like Raziel, but Kain deserves an actual good game with cutting edge design tech. They both do, actually. The philosophy behind both are so polar opposite that they could exist together.

CamHostage

I was assuming the trick here was that Denis Dyack was re-pitching his company's Deadhaus Sonata as a semi-legit Kain game. So, at least I was only half-punked...

Good that the franchise isn't 100% dead, I guess.

Doczu

Gold Member
Prequel graphic novel, that is.

Image Credit: Crystal Dynamics/Bit Bot Media
Well would you look at that. Looks like we have a funny wise guy here. Probably thinks he just put a good old funny joke on us.

"Haha, it's First Half-Life, 3 screenshots for you Soul Reaver fans"
jake short laughing GIF by NASCAR

"Look at you how i subverted your expectstions, fuck me Disney could put me in charge of the next Star Wars trilogy"

Well you know what? Be happy that MamaRobotnik isn't around, he would find you and fuck you up for your little prank here. For your funby inside GAF joke.

And he wouldn't be alone in hooking you up on a car battery.

God you just made my day a fucking depressing one. Now i have to live with the scars of having hope and having it torn away from me like that.

I hope you have room for more cause Phils ball won't be the only thing suffocating you.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
kxva78k.gif

Meh. I'm glad it's just an graphic novel. Prequel, remaster, remake/reboot, or sequel, I'm sure they will find a way to fuck it up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom