• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

ghostmind

Hope those make it to the States someday. So strange the rollout is so slow.

Oh yeah. "Inexpensive" way to get the scooter. Wonder if it's compatible with standard minifigs or if it's the same as the Parisian Restaurant scooter. Also a cheap way to get the dolphin. I will get them for my *ahem* non-existent daughters of course.

EDIT: Is that a pitcher? I think pretzel girl may have some new accessories.

EDIT 2: NVM. Just viewed large version and it's constructed with a clear head piece. Gives me idea for big mug though.

She does have at least one new accessory:

Printed cookies!
And maybe a printed lemonade sign?

Found a big box of series 3 but I had no time to feel the bags, so I just grabbed eight of them. Two racers, two samurai, sumo, snowboarder, mummy and baseball player. All stuff I didn't want. It's a place I won't be going back to anytime soon too.

Good news though, now that the funeral is over I have the weekend to look around. Might find something at a flea market on Sunday.

Which one is the clone?

"Who are you calling a clone?"

I hate seeing the flaws after I take a photo. I'm pressing those brick together in my head.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
New Friends sets looking good. That beach house and camper/bus/van thing, as well as the smaller sets, look like a good purchase.

New Friends sets looking good. That beach house and camper/bus/van thing, as well as the smaller sets, look like a good purchase.

Friends are loaded with money. Beach house looks good. So do a lot of the small $10ish and under sets. For my non-existent daughters of course.

The price is back down to $29 if you guys missed it the first time.
Go, GAF! Go!
No mercy!
KVoYCt9.jpg

Ponn

Banned

If there was one GS set I would get, that would be it for the mech.

My will is strong though and I just ordered the Daily Bugle for $40 and saving the rest of my cash for Village Market on the 14th.

Katoki

So now I will also own an eradicator mech set soon.

I haven't gotten around to the Unexpected Gathering, Quinjet, Sith Fury Interceptor, and Pet Shop sets (to name a few) yet either.

Go, GAF! Go!
No mercy!
KVoYCt9.jpg

No mercy was had... just ordered!

:)

It's my first Galaxy Squad box set. Only have the orange team polybag.

One question: are the torso's all the same between all the humans of the teams? I want to get the orange team girl but if it's the same torso I'll just order her head piece off ebay since I'll have doubles of the orange team guy.

also, looking at the lemonade stand again... i for sure am going to get it now. so many nice pieces.

Ponn

Banned
http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/AdditionalImages/21017-1/21017_alt1.jpg
[url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BL63G08/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=bargainwatchusa-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B00BL63G08]Amazon has Imperial Hotel for 33% off right now. Only $87.10[/url][/QUOTE]

Im really interested in the architecture line, doesnt feel like a line i would feel compelled to complete.

Man, LoTR Pirate Ship is in my gold box deal right now. I can get it for $82, but that would give up Village Market.

Fowler

I know it's not the fabled UCS model, but that Falcon is so good.

Fun build, great display, iconic ship. Cannot go wrong with it.

You can still tell by the logo, but yeah... i also prefer the blue Nightwing, i prefer the hair on this one though!

also: how come there's a red Galaxy Squad solider but no red VEHICLE for them or did i miss something?

neonglow

You can still tell by the logo, but yeah... i also prefer the blue Nightwing, i prefer the hair on this one though!

also: how come there's a red Galaxy Squad solider but no red VEHICLE for them or did i miss something?

The Galaxy Squad teams are split up by skills. The Red team skill is quickness so all they have are tiny vehicles that are light and agile.

The Galaxy Squad teams are split up by skills. The Red team skill is quickness so all they have are tiny vehicles that are light and agile.

oh yeah? then what about the blue team? They have the quick and agile Swarm Interceptor, yet also the huge, hulking and slow Galactic Titan?

neonglow

oh yeah? then what about the blue team? They have the quick and agile Swarm Interceptor, yet also the huge, hulking and slow Galactic Titan?

Each team has a different strength:
Green Team: Green Team's primary skill is defence and heavy artillery.
Red Team: Red Team's expertise is speed.
Orange Team: Orange Team's main tactic is firepower.
Blue Team: Blue Team's skill is strategy and technology. Out of all the teams, it is said that they have the best tech.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Galaxy_Squad

I'l ask again:

for galaxy squad, does the female orange team minifigure have the same body and legs as the other team member?

if so I want to get her head since I already have the orange male.

I went to the Lego place around here once more. I resisted buying Pet Shop, the Sopwith, tons of Atlantis and more. I got to talk to the owner, a minor celebrity from a Survivor show a few years back. He brought out tons of parts bins but we couldn't find the rare parts I needed. Ended up with the S8 pirate and the pretzel guy.

He told me he has lots of out of print stuff that he rotates into the store to keep it interesting. So I will definitely be coming back next time I'm in town. This time it was quite dominated by Atlantis and misc recent stuff like PotC and HP.

Also, apparently the Lone Ranger and Galaxy Squad have sold poorly and have been discontinued, at least in Sweden. I'm blaming the crazy retail prices. From casual observation when I'm in stores, the kids all want either City, Hero Factory or Star Wars with maybe a little interest in LotR. I think it was a mistake to launch their own space and castle themes. Better save them for when the license ends.

That also means: give us more Pirates before Jack Sparrow takes over again.

Ponn

Banned
Yes! I don't get why they don't since they have a cartoon to promote it.

A damn fine cartoon that jaded original Titans cartoon fans are unfortunately not giving a chance. Not every DC animated show has to be serious and i find every episode to be funny as hell so far.

Seriously though, they could do a beast boy set all his own with brick built animal forms. One would have to be a llama.

edit: I also figured out if I rearrange some of my other spending money and don't get Arkham Blackgate Vita and used some Amazon credit I can get LoTR Pirate Ship AND Village Market still.

LyUxJBJ.gif

Question is, do I want the Pirate Ship that bad and will it drop lower then $82.

After a bit of a break from working on my B-Wing stand I managed to get some done last night and hit on quite a simple solution to giving it some stability. I think I'm overly worried about it falling over but given the fact it will be on a shelf 5 foot from the floor (not to mention it could fall on me at my desk) I don't think it's unwarranted. A few finishing touches are needed but it's almost there now.

Wings can be wither up or down with no affect on the simple docking mechanics. I prefer wings up.

Wings down does save space though......

The base shows one of the areas I need to work on to hide the Technic structure.

I'l ask again:

for galaxy squad, does the female orange team minifigure have the same body and legs as the other team member?

if so I want to get her head since I already have the orange male.

Yup. They didn't make female specific printing. Kinda weird in my opinion but it does also make it easier to just grab random heads and expand your teams.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Someone asked, either in the old thread or the start of this one, how people keep their instructions. This is how I keep mine. Sorry for the poor quality. Did a quick picture with my phone. I have 3 of these I believe.

10226456605_c18655bae2_c.jpg

10226372024_ff2f91eeb8_c.jpg

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Finally started building again since we moved in. Started small with these:

10226671435_64381fbb5c_c.jpg

I have to go to the old house we rented and clean up today. But this is what I plan on attacking when I get home this evening. I can't wait! So excited. Think I will start off with the smaller sets and work my way up.

10226402166_b475d2c1ea_c.jpg

Ponn

Banned
I have to go to the old house we rented and clean up today. But this is what I plan on attacking when I get home this evening. I can't wait! So excited. Think I will start off with the smaller sets and work my way up.

10226402166_b475d2c1ea_c.jpg

You my friend are going to have loads and loads of fun. I suggest watching Monster Squad while putting them together, noticed its free streaming on fear.net

Top Bottom