• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have fun you crazy die hard star wars fans. I'm just going to wait for a sale on the M. Falcon or try and catch an AWD. I'm still really iffy on that Kylo Ren ship. The figs look great but the ship - ehhh..

I struck out at my local target too but had success at TRU so if you got one close give it a shot. Whatever you choose do it quick though.

As far as I can tell, I have two lego stores and a legoland discovery center's on-site store all moer accessible than my nearest toys r us that's still open. bizarre.

i guess i'll pick one and go adventuring as soon as i'm done with tomorrow's errands.

dang. who would have ever guessed that "access to legos" was the thing that would make me wish i actually owned a car the most?

3N16MA

Banned
Tempted to get the new SW sets but I'm holding off until the inevitable 20% discount at TRU.

Everyone who does pick them up enjoy the builds.

Ponn

Banned
Oh man there is a line here. Its not too big though. Hopefully the Darth Vader constraction figures don't go too fast.
Are the new Lego stuff gonna be in the Lego section or the star wars section?

Sorry I jinxed you with my joking. I was in my local TRU earlier and they had empty Star Wars shelves in the middle through the first entrance but I didn't see any open or specially designated shevles for TFA Lego sets in the Lego section. If you don't see any near the entrance just beeline for the Lego section to be sure.

Stuff is obviously overpriced here, but since TRU Sweden was running a 20% campaign on all Star Wars stuff, I ordered a MF for a much more reasonable price.

With that and the Milano (and the old Quinjet), the rooftops of my city are going to get crowded...

3N16MA

Banned
Stuff is obviously overpriced here, but since TRU Sweden was running a 20% campaign on all Star Wars stuff, I ordered a MF for a much more reasonable price.

With that and the Milano (and the old Quinjet), the rooftops of my city are going to get crowded...

Thee way dogfight to see who gets to stay.

Just got Darth Vader. Damn he's huge, about a foot tall. I love the build of his body, its super unique and complex. Only thing I don't like us how the cape attaches, its fine for display but when you're holding him it rolls up since there's nothing keeping it on the shoulders. You can kind of fix this by hooking the cape in the shoulder armor though.

Overall a fantastic set. Really outclassed any of the Bionicles released this year. (not to say they're bad though)

Osahi

Euro mrsp on tfa sets ar a tad higher for the ones I wanted to buy today. Thinking about shopping around first before ordering @s@h. Might find a cheaper rey speeder, but doubt the falcon will go much lower

Seems like all the new star wars sets are $20 more than they should be. I hope this doesn't start a trend of bucking the 10 cents per piece rule.

Seems like all the new star wars sets are $20 more than they should be. I hope this doesn't start a trend of bucking the 10 cents per piece rule.

Prices are consistently high here, at least. I seem to remember the old MF being the same price (and passing on it despite about 40% off, stupidly), and the new X-Wing is only about $10 over the last one. I think it's more a question of having a bunch of big, expensive sets and only one affordable. Usually with Star Wars you get your Microfighters and troop builders to let the kids get an impulse buy.

Also, there's a serious case of big bley box builds so far.

ghostmind

There has been an awakening...

LiBtaVk.jpg

Have you felt it?

qWaQ3SM.jpg

QCtbnwG.gif

Came back from Walmart and while there wasn't many people around the employees were all awesome. Ended up not with the transport (they didn't have it) but I did get the Falcon so mission complete.

Just got Darth Vader. Damn he's huge, about a foot tall. I love the build of his body, its super unique and complex. Only thing I don't like us how the cape attaches, its fine for display but when you're holding him it rolls up since there's nothing keeping it on the shoulders. You can kind of fix this by hooking the cape in the shoulder armor though.

Overall a fantastic set. Really outclassed any of the Bionicles released this year. (not to say they're bad though)

Nice! Good to hear... What would you say about the fact that Vader's lower part/legs look kind of "too skinny" from the pics though? I feel like he should look bulkier somehow, which is the only gripe i have from the looks of it though, maybe it's just the way and angle they chose to portray him on the box since that's all i have to go on.

To clarify, Obi Wan has that "bulkier" look i feel, maybe due to them wanting to emphasize the fact he's wearing armor when Vader kinda looks like he missed leg day on his workouts ;)

BTW, could anyone with the Darth Vader figure let me know the dimensions of the cape? It would be cool to replace the custom cape for my maxifigure with an actual official "part".

Came back from Walmart and while there wasn't many people around the employees were all awesome. Ended up not with the transport (they didn't have it) but I did get the Falcon so mission complete.

Everyone decided to go to Target since they are doing $10.00 off $50.00 and $25.00 off $100 purchased. I know a lot of people at my Target said they all came from TRU and Wal-mart. $25.00 off deal is not bad if you get Poe's X-wing and one small set, that's 25% off. Poe's X-wing looks really good especially it also come with BB-8.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well it was a very long day... I bought Poe's X-Wing and Rey's Speeder LEGO sets at Target along with a bunch of other stuff... the other LEGO sets I ordered on S@H.

What a time to be alive

Great haul ghostmind!

Osahi

Took a quick tour to my closest toy shop. Biggest toy retailer in Belgium, but no trace of tfa yet. They'll probably put them on yhe aisles in the coming hours as i went in close after opening. Had hoped for a Rey Speeder for a quick force satisfaction, maybe at a lower then 30 price (as they tend to shave some off everything). But nope.

Will order tonight at s@h, unless i encounter a cheaper one online in the next few hours.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Welp. Just walked into a Dreamland store here in Belgium, and as I feared they had nothing. I checked with an employee, and he told me they aren't getting the TFA Star Wars stuff until the end of September ... Great.

I'll be checking some other stores here in the city, but I'm not very hopeful.

edit: Where are you from Osahi ? Looks like we both had the same idea and experience.

neonglow

I ended up not buying anything at Toys R Us. Every LEGO Star Wars set was marked up by 10%. I figure I'll just hit up the LEGO Store later. I did walk away with the special LEGO brick and a nice Kylo Ren poster.

Osahi

Kitsuné;177545105 said:
Welp. Just walked into a Dreamland store here in Belgium, and as I feared they had nothing. I checked with an employee, and he told me they aren't getting the TFA Star Wars stuff until the end of September ... Great.

I'll be checking some other stores here in the city, but I'm not very hopeful.

edit: Where are you from Osahi ? Looks like we both had the same idea and experience.

I'm from Ghent. The other one that is close is Fun in St-Denijs Westrem, but they tend to follow MSRP and the bicycle ride is a tad to far off (my wife is away on a team building weekend with the car)

Other chance I have is Fnac, but I don't think they'll get the sets today if even Dreamland didn't receive them. They do have 10% of for members this weekend though, so it's tempting to go and check. But in the past they got new sets a few days later then release date. Not going to bother with Bart Smit as they tend to ADD to MSRP.

So shop.lego.com for me I guess. I was going to order the Falcon there anyway and I have some VIP points left (and I'll earn new ones for when I'll get the X and Tie)

Osahi

The new sets popped on fun.be, the webshop of another big belgian retailer. All of them state they are unavailable for at least a week, some of them until october. So yeah, fat chance they have sets in shops over here -_- Also, they just follow MRSP, so no cheaper Rey's Speeder for today I guess.

I'll bite the bullet, forget about the SW tax (which is very high this time around it seems) and order my Falcon and Rey Speeder on S@H. I expect when the toy season for Sinterklaas hits the big shops will start to compete in prices for stuff like the X-wing and Tie, so I'll wait for those for now (can't afford them on this months budget anyway). I'll see where the prices go, or get them with double VIP when (if?) it hits Europe.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
I'm from Ghent. The other one that is close is Fun in St-Denijs Westrem, but they tend to follow MSRP and the bicycle ride is a tad to far off (my wife is away on a team building weekend with the car)

Other chance I have is Fnac, but I don't think they'll get the sets today if even Dreamland didn't receive them. They do have 10% of for members this weekend though, so it's tempting to go and check. But in the past they got new sets a few days later then release date. Not going to bother with Bart Smit as they tend to ADD to MSRP.

So shop.lego.com for me I guess. I was going to order the Falcon there anyway and I have some VIP points left (and I'll earn new ones for when I'll get the X and Tie)

Ha! I'm from Ghent as well, we must've been there at around the same time then. I was wearing a fluo orange rain jacket, so wasn't hard to miss.

I was surprised Dreamland didn't have the new sets, because they usually follow the official release dates. Might pop-in again later this afternoon, because I literally live around the corner in the Brugse Poort neighborhood.

If they don't have them I'll probably call the LEGO store in Wetteren (I only just found out it exists) and see if they have them, but I'll probably end up ordering from s@h as well, mainly because I also want the Wall-E set asap.

Osahi

Kitsuné;177546323 said:
Ha! I'm from Ghent as well, we must've been there at around the same time then. I was wearing a fluo orange rain jacket, so wasn't hard to miss.

I was surprised Dreamland didn't have the new sets, because they usually follow the official release dates. Might pop-in again later this afternoon, because I literally live around the corner in the Brugse Poort neighborhood.

If they don't have them I'll probably call the LEGO store in Wetteren (I only just found out it exists) and see if they have them, but I'll probably end up ordering from s@h as well, mainly because I also want the Wall-E set asap.

Haha! Didn't see an orange jacket guy, but i was just in and out pretty fast because I had some groceries to do too. I'm from close to the Watersportbaan, so we live very close. I worked at the Game Mania in Brugse Poort, so if you came there a few years ago (I quit in 2012) we might have met :p

Didn't know the shop in Wetteren existed. His webshop seems to have some good prices on sets, but others are very expensive (Pet Shop for 250? Guess he thinks it is OOP allready :') ) Might visit it on a lazy saterday afternoon in the near future though

mrkgoo

All the Star Wars toys were 20 % off at one of our local toy stores so I picked up the General Grievous Lego figure.

It's pretty sweet. Way larger than I thought and a kind of construction I've never encountered before. Small amount of technic, but a lot of ball and socket joints even to build just the frame. Is this what bionicle is like?

It's a little less pose able than expected as each leg joint is made from dual ball/sockets for sturdiness.

Jimbro72

I avoided the stores and ended up just buying 4 of the constraction figures from S@H last night, as I wait for better deals on all the rest of the sets. Currently the best deal I could get between 10% off in various rewards as well as the little tractor freebie. Now the week long wait begins before I can actually start building them.

Osahi

Damn, just found a dutch lego webshop that has 10% off al TFA sets (17 if you buy them all together!) and free delivery over 100 euro's. Placed my order allready at Lego's themselves, and you can't cancel it, it seems. Ah well...

Deal is valable until 5th of october, so I'll probably order X and Tie from them when next months paycheck hits.

ghostmind

None of the rumoured polybags were at TRU, but thankfully mine did not mark up the set prices. All of the FA LEGO sets, and most of the Constraction sets were gone by the time I left the store.

Noticed that the Millennium Falcon is already on back order at S@H.

Everyone decided to go to Target since they are doing $10.00 off $50.00 and $25.00 off $100 purchased. I know a lot of people at my Target said they all came from TRU and Wal-mart. $25.00 off deal is not bad if you get Poe's X-wing and one small set, that's 25% off. Poe's X-wing looks really good especially it also come with BB-8.
And here I thought it didn't include Lego.

Nice! Good to hear... What would you say about the fact that Vader's lower part/legs look kind of "too skinny" from the pics though? I feel like he should look bulkier somehow, which is the only gripe i have from the looks of it though, maybe it's just the way and angle they chose to portray him on the box since that's all i have to go on.

To clarify, Obi Wan has that "bulkier" look i feel, maybe due to them wanting to emphasize the fact he's wearing armor when Vader kinda looks like he missed leg day on his workouts ;)
I think it looks fine, there's some armor on the back of the lower legs that makes it look good from any angle that isn't dead on. Even then the cape behind the legs makes it hard to notice

Osahi

Jang just posted his first TFA video's online.

He reviewed Rey's Speeder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHpCyRD_PiY

I like how there is a little mechanic to open the thing. Nice touch. Glad I ordered it with the Falcon.

He has also a speeded up video of the build of the Transporter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxvGpPRh2-o

Wasn't really interested in this set, but it does look cool. Might be tempted to grab it later on, especially as I will need some Stormtroopers (and Phasma!)

NOT REALLY AN EDIT: he just posted the review of the transport too. Watching now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO6nZsDMxdY

EDIT: Darn it Jang, now I'll want the Transporter too. I don't really like the overall look of the vehicle, but all those details and little action features (and the minifigs) sparked my interest. I'll wait for a sale though.

ghostmind

I knew JANG would have these up soon, as he posted on his Twitter that he was at TRU last night.

I didn't expect them that soon though!

Just watched the Transporter review.

After initially thinking this thing looks super boring, i kinda came around a LITTLE at least... that one feature where the Stormtrooper pops up just cracked me up :)

I also like the way the main door opens... it's like Jang said, the designer really made the most of a somewhat boring, basic and drab looking build here.

Still too expensive for what it is i suppose since it'd just sit there as a display piece in the end and it doesn't even look all that great to me.

But as always, i may be swayed yet.

My local shop doesn't have the Grievous fig! I'm so frustrated.

I ended up soothing my sorrows with the Falcon. All the sets look great...I have a feeling I'll be back before the end of the day.

chidrock

Called the local Lego store and they aren't doing any Star Wars giveaways. Guess I'll be holding off on getting the Slave 1 for a little while longer.

I'm a little surprised at that considering the way everyone has turned today into a circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom