• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Licorice Pizza - New Paul Thomas Anderson film

tommib

Big fan of Paul Thomas Anderson. One of the last great American film directors. His latest currently sits at 100% Rotten Tomatoes.

Can’t wait to watch it here in the Netherlands in January.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I'm still a bit shocked one of the sisters from Haim is in this. It looks cool so I'll give it a watch once it's available for home viewing.

TylerD

I see new PTA trailer. I click. Very interesting. I was enamored with Phantom Thread and after almost completing his filmography (lacking The Master and Inherent Vice), agree that he is indeed a GREAT film director.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Some good cast members, score by Jonny from Radiohead, sure, why not.

trikster40

I do like Paul Thomas Anderson. I’m torn as to which is my favorite: Magnolia, or SNL: The Best of Molly Shannon.

leaning towards Magnolia.

tommib

I see new PTA trailer. I click. Very interesting. I was enamored with Phantom Thread and after almost completing his filmography (lacking The Master and Inherent Vice), agree that he is indeed a GREAT film director.
You’re not missing much. :p As the biggest PTA fanboy, those are my least favourite films from him. They look lush as always but they’re too long and need editing.

tommib

I do like Paul Thomas Anderson. I’m torn as to which is my favorite: Magnolia, or SNL: The Best of Molly Shannon.

leaning towards Magnolia.
Magnolia is my favourite film from the 90s. I became an Anderson worshipper after watching it on release. Made me watch everything by Robert Altman as well.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
damn, @ those diamond nips in the thumbnail..

AM I THE ONLY ONE SEEING THIS?

Last edited:

Termite

Love this guy as a director but Phantom Thread was shit - aside from Jonny's amazing score. I wanted to wretch every time DDL said "my old so-and-so". Skin-crawling movie.

Hope this is a return to form.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
From Youtube:

The lyrics are synced to the trailer:

00:06 "To the girl with the mousy hair”
00:14 "And her daddy has told her to go”
00:25 "To the seat with the clearest view”
00:53 "She could spit in the eyes of fools”
01:14 "Oh man, look at those cavemen go”
01:26 "Take a look at the lawman”
01:29 "Beating up the wrong guy"

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Isnt this director on par with Uwe Boll?

You are thinking of Paul WS Anderson (husband of Milla Jovovich and director of many Resident Evil movies).
And he is still better than Uwe boll (thought not as entertaining in real life).

Winter John

I always wanted to meet this guy just to thank him for making the greatest fuck movie of all time. That man is a genius. Every time I was dating a girl I'd put Boogie Nights on. It never failed.

teezzy

Banned
Looks way better than whatever the heck contrived garbo Wes Anderson is pushing currently

This I'd actually watch

tommib

There will be blood is one of my favorite films wanna see more like that one
The more time passes the more we all realize TWBB is cementing itself has one of the greatest American films ever made. Every time I see it the more it impresses me. It has that Kubrick timelessness to it. Completely hypotonic film and that Jonny soundtrack…

Top Bottom