• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Light in the Darkness - NC still fighting for Governor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

http://abc11.com/politics/protesters-pack-your-bags-pat-but-gov-race-not-over/1598525/

RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The decision of which candidate will move in or out of the Executive Mansion on Jan. 7 will likely come down to provisional ballots.

They are what voters use at the polls if there's any type of problem, like an address error or if a voter's name is somehow missing from the registration rolls.

It's unknown how many provisionals were cast. But, they have not yet been counted. And they could decide the race.

Despite the uncertainty, when Roy Cooper came to the podium inside the downtown Raleigh Marriott in the early hours of Wednesday morning, he declared victory.

"Because of your hard work, we have won this race for governor of North Carolina!" Cooper said to wild cheers.

Cooper did come out on top. Just barely.

The Attorney General eked out his gubernatorial win by just 4,980 votes.

I was one of those votes. EVERY VOTE MATTERS.

We barely eked out a democratic win here in NC in a sea of red votes.

Provisional ballots usually favor the Democratic candidate, so here's hoping. Cooper will likely undo HB2 and all the other heinous shit McCrory has put on this state.

Good. From what I read, republican control has been a complete clusterfuck in NC. From defunding education to social security and what not.

I was so afraid that the Republican wave meant that Ross and Cooper both lost. I'm glad to see that hopefully isn't the case.

Democrats also won a seat on the NC Supreme Court, which is fucking awesome.

Cooper winning would be great. Cooper, Cortez Masto, Hassan. Gets me through the day.

It's fucking amazing it was even close. Pat McCrory is fucking terrible and it really says a lot about Republican's that they still wanted him around after all this shit.

I was full of pride when my county (Durham), after a complete clusterf**k of reporting issues, dumped a giant pile of votes (like 70k) to catapult Cooper into the lead after more or less the entire state had reported. It was nice in an otherwise awful night to run up and kick state Republicans right in the nuts.

Ashodin

I was full of pride when my county (Durham), after a complete clusterf**k of reporting issues, dumped a giant pile of votes (like 70k) to catapult Cooper into the lead after more or less the entire state had reported. It was nice in an otherwise awful night to run up and kick state Republicans right in the nuts.

Just goes to show you that things can look up even in a tide of darkness.

If McCrory wins for some shady reason I will be livid.

What was up with Durham voting anyway? I heard there were "problems".

phanphare

Banned
I went to bed thinking mccrory had it and woke up seeing that cooper actually managed to win

thank the lord, shouldn't have even been that close though

Did my part to vote Cooper. Sucks how everything went wrong but I'm glad Cumberland County went blue.

McCrory needs to get the hell out.

Blader

It's fucking amazing it was even close. Pat McCrory is fucking terrible and it really says a lot about Republican's that they still wanted him around after all this shit.

Trump won NC, and carried down-ballot races in most of the battlegrounds he won. I think it's more a testament to how unpopular McCrory was that he still couldn't survive that, even if just barely.

If McCrory wind, I am moving. Here's killing this state, were losing businesses and he's destroying the film industry in Wilmington

A slight glimmer of hope, that if the Republicans fuck up enough shit for enough people, that they will get there comeuppance.

A slight glimmer of hope, that if the Republicans fuck up enough shit for enough people, that they will get there comeuppance.

You don't fuck with basketball in the state of North Carolina. Especially college basketball. He lost them the All-Star game and home games in the NCAA tournament. He had to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom