• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like Firefox? Opera is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kon Tiki

Banned
fact.jpg

Fact.

I like both browsers, but I use Opera cause its super fast on my super slow system...Firefox is super slow :(

Plus Opera's customizability is unmatched by any program.

Opera's resource heavy, gaudy, and strictly as a browser, sluggish. That said, of course Opera integrates mail better, becasue it's a fucking suite. Firefox is strictly a browser, asshat.

aoi tsuki

i don't see a problem with paying for a browser. Next to your OS it's the second most use piece of software on your computer. i just think Firefox works so well for free that there's no need to bother with Opera, which is an excellent browser as well. i'm content waiting for programmers to write Firefox extensions that emulate features in other broswers.

aoi tsuki said:
i don't see a problem with paying for a browser. Next to your OS it's the second most use piece of software on your computer. i just think Firefox works so well for free that there's no need to bother with Opera, which is an excellent browser as well. i'm content waiting for programmers to write Firefox extensions that emulate features in other broswers.
Well, that's what I mean. When something so good is free, why should I bother spending money on something whose advantages are negligible?

Opera is definitely the fastest browser I've tried. You can customize it to look however you want and it's very easy to do so. I use Firefox as my backup browser.

Tre said:
Opera's resource heavy, gaudy, and strictly as a browser, sluggish. That said, of course Opera integrates mail better, becasue it's a fucking suite. Firefox is strictly a browser, asshat.
You can also make Opera into strictly a browser by removing its mail/chat client dll, which is whooping 200k in size.

Shoryuken

Because of all the recommendations in this thread I just downloaded Firefox. Do I have to download any plugins to use Java or Flash or are they already integrated into the browser?

Che

Banned
Shoryuken said:
Because of all the recommendations in this thread I just downloaded Firefox. Do I have to download any plugins to use Java or Flash or are they already integrated into the browser?

If you already installed java you don't need it. You might need the mouse gestures plugin it's very useful.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I had to redownload Flash, I think.

Maybe it was just a new version, dunno. Didn't have to get a new Java, however, and I didn't need any of the plug in extensions. Though, after a day or two, once I got familiar with Firefox, I experimented a bit with some of the more useful ones.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
What is mouse gestures? I was contemplating getting that plug in (and there are a few, apparently) but couldn't find a decent explanation of what it actually did.

Tre said:
Fallopian: when I don't have to do said work with Firefox, yeah, it becomes "all the work."
You don't have to do the said work with Opera either, you can also check the disable email/chat button.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Mejilan said:
What is mouse gestures? I was contemplating getting that plug in (and there are a few, apparently) but couldn't find a decent explanation of what it actually did.

Back, Forward, refresh, etc all controlled by 'drawing' characters or symbols on the screen with your mouse.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Society said:
Back, Forward, refresh, etc all controlled by 'drawing' characters or symbols on the screen with your mouse.

All In One Gestures is what sold me on firefox... that combined with multiple tabs makes browsing a friggin breeze.

Wait, wait, there's a check button now? Make up your mind Fallopian Tube. Actually, it doesn't matter, I *still* don't have to do that with Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom