• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LMAO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waitress says Hooters restaurant promised her a Toyota, gave her a Toy Yoda

Sunday, July 29, 2001

Associated Press

PANAMA CITY — Oh, what a feeling. Toy Yoda!

A former Hooters waitress has sued the restaurant where she worked, saying she was promised a new Toyota for winning a beer sales contest.

Instead, she said, she won a new toy Yoda — the little green guy from the "Star Wars" movies.

Full story

29yoda.JPG

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Thats genius management right there.

That chick looks pretty sour.

Socreges

Banned
A radio station in the States did something like this. I used to have the mp3.

If a caller could answer a set of questions correctly, they would win 100 Grand. So, some dude got through, answered the questions bang on, and won! He was ecstatic, yelling to his friends in the background, and listing off all the things he would do with the money. Then the DJ says:

"How are you going to do all of that with a chocolate bar?"

- "Huh?"

"A 100 Grand chocolate bar. That's what you won."

It was pretty freaky how angry the guy got. He was hysterical and probably destroyed his entire house after hanging up.

Fucking funny as hell, though.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Socreges said:
A radio station in the States did something like this. I used to have the mp3.

If a caller could answer a set of questions correctly, they would win 100 Grand. So, some dude got through, answered the questions bang on, and won! He was ecstatic, yelling to his friends in the background, and listing off all the things he would do with the money. Then the DJ says:

"How are you going to do all of that with a chocolate bar?"

- "Huh?"

"A 100 Grand chocolate bar. That's what you won."

It was pretty freaky how angry the guy got. He was hysterical and probably destroyed his entire house after hanging up.

Fucking funny as hell, though.

http://hideos.mine.nu/uploads/100grand.mp3

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Heh, it would have made a nice "owned" pic, was it not for the fact that in May 2002 she won the lawsuit, and got to pick the car of her choice :p

Hooters: owned! :)

May 7th, 2002

Unbelievable folks. This is an update to the waitress who thought she won a new Toyota vehicle. SHE WON the lawsuit! They settled. Jodee Berry, 27, will now get to pick the car of her dreams. I bet she picks a Rav4.

edit: Bah, JC beat me to it

Lemonz

JC10001 said:
This is a pretty old news story but I still get a chuckle out of it.

Hooters had to buy her the Toyota of her choice.

They also gave her an undisclosed cash settlement.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
yeah, it was not surprising that they settled despite that they'd have likley won in court, pretty poor choice and horrible publicity for the company.

Chittagong

Gold Member
ahahahaha, that's fantastic, you can really hear how the guy turns from the happiest man on the face of earth to the angriest in a split-second. I wonder how he didn't have a heart attack.

MaddenNFL64

"I am the winner!"

to

"You guys are a bunch of douche bags!"

lol!

I feel for the guy, but that's a great joke. Of course, if it was played on me, and I actually thought I won $100,000, i'd probably burn down the radio station :\.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom