• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Logitech Cordless PS2 controller and router???

aparisi2274

Ok, I have a question that I am hoping someone in here might be able to answer. I just picked up the new Logitech cordless PS2 controller, and I got it home and I noticed that it runs off a 2.4GHz frequency. My issue is that I also have a wireless Netgear router that is an 802.11G, which also runs on a 2.4GHz frequency. What I want to know is if I will get any issues when I use this controller? Does anyone have this controller with the same type of router? Do you get any issues? Any information would be great.

Thanks.

244011.jpg

crumbs

I have the both the PS2 and Xbox versions of the logitech, a 2.4ghz cordless phone, and a 802.11b netgear router and have no problems with connections with any of the devices.

I believe you can have up to 16 2.4 GHz devices SIMULTANEOUSLY operating -- most autosense for available channels and use 'em. I think the Wavebird makes you pick a channel, though.

aparisi2274

Drinky Crow said:
I believe you can have up to 16 2.4 GHz devices SIMULTANEOUSLY operating -- most autosense for available channels and use 'em. I think the Wavebird makes you pick a channel, though.

Ok cool thanks guys. I will give it a whirl.

BTW... How does this controller compare to the wavebird? I love my wavebird. Is this just as good?

crumbs

Well, the logitech is about the same size as the DS2 and only slightly heavier. You don't have to worry about turing it off or changing the channel, it does it automatically. I'd guess I've used it for close to 35-40 hours on the first set of batteries (2 AA). Also has rumble feature which you can disable on the controller itself. So far, I'm pretty happy with it, I like it slightly more than the wavebird.

Top Bottom