• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Logitech's wireless PS2 controller kicks ass!

Holy shit this thing is awesome, feels stury, has a good weight to it, great rumble, and all the buttons/d-pad/sticks feel great. After a few mins you forget you're playing on a wireless pad. Everything feels super responsive. I also love the fact that the thing shuts off automatically, just power down the system and you're done. On my PSTwo I don't even have to touch the system itself (as long as the game I want to play is already inserted) thanks to the PS2 remote a cordless controller. Amazing shit right here.

Pro Tip for Canadians: Go to Best Buy, sign up for AOL (1 month free, no commitment), get a $20 Git Card. Use the said gift card on the controller, and get it for essentially $40 + tax...only $4 more than the regular controller. That's what I did, fucking steal at that price. And even at $60 it's worth it considering how much it rocks, plus this is an investment for me, I'm assuming PS3 will be BC so I'll use it on that.

PS2 owners, get this controller NOW.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Eh, I wasn't TOO impressed with it. It's probably the best 3rd party wireless controller but it still isn't nearly as comfortable as the DS2. Specifically, I struggle to find a place to put my middle-fingers...the handles just don't seem long enough. I have no complaints with the buttons or the d-pad though...they're all pretty solid. Still, I don't see it replacing the DS2 anytime soon.

MegaByte

Does anybody know how they compare to the Hori Wireless Anashin 2 controllers? They seem to be more like the DualShock 2s (except they have a connected D-pad woo), but they're also more expensive than the Logitech ones. What about the AirStyle W-Shock 2s?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It's really good for what it is, but DS2 is more ergonomic. First of all, it's lighter, and seconds, fingers can be better positioned around the handles. However, if DS2 had batteries and RF sender/receiver in it, I'd imagine it'd look much the same as Logitech controller does, so I can't complain. Wireless has it's advanatages, and Logitech controller is as good as it gets right now.

Drek

picked one up a few days ago, they're great. I personally have no problems with the ergonomics, because I keep my index and middle fingers off the handles anyways with the DS2 (gots me some big mits).

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
MegaByte said:
What about the AirStyle W-Shock 2s?
While a well designed controller, it does have some serious dropouts with games. So far nothing beats the Logitech Precision Controller for the PS2 for wireless needs(although the /\ is a bit touchy for me when playing SOCOM II ;-) )

Top Bottom