• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Look what I found at my local TRU... :D

jedimike

Should have checked there a few days ago, but I went in today just to scope out what I want for the 3 for 2 deal.

Suprise, suprise I found this on the shelf... couldn't resist.

Outrun2004.jpg

Outrun2002.jpg

OT: where in the hell can I get free hosting? I switched to DSL and with it came MSN... no more web space :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Can't see the pics, but I can already guess what it is (without checking the file names).
Outrun 2

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Nothing is showing up.

Was it Outrun 2? I'm tempted to go look for it, but don't see the point when there's probably barely anyone playing it online right now.

demi

WOW SO DID I BOY I'M SURE GLAD I BOUGHT IT OTHERWISE I WOULD BE MISSING OUT ON THIS ONE OF A KIND GEM FOR MY XBOX LIBRARY!

OH WAIT WASNT THERE A THREAD ABOUT THIS? I MUST HAVE MISSED IT SO SORRY MY MISTAKE

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
demi said:
WOW SO DID I BOY I'M SURE GLAD I BOUGHT IT OTHERWISE I WOULD BE MISSING OUT ON THIS ONE OF A KIND GEM FOR MY XBOX LIBRARY!

OH WAIT WASNT THERE A THREAD ABOUT THIS? I MUST HAVE MISSED IT SO SORRY MY MISTAKE
vortal_pic_47696.jpg

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
jedimike said:
Silverdale, WA.
Walk in there and demand free videogames or you'll call up Microsoft and tell them they broke the street date. See what kind of wacky antics will happen in the aftermath.

jedimike

TekunoRobby said:
Walk in there and demand free videogames or you'll call up Microsoft and tell them they broke the street date. See what kind of wacky antics will happen in the aftermath.

I know why it happens there... it's those stupid ass plastic cases they put over the games. They can't read the top of the game.

AniHawk

jedimike said:
Silverdale, WA.

Wow. I was half-joking. Now I'm wondering if I should really call.

shoplifter said:
So now we're playing tattle tale?

Heh. On the Xbox Retail Training site last night, there was a quiz for two games that couldn't have their Street Dates broken (Outrun 2 and Halo 2). Thought it was kinda interesting that this happened the day after. I wont act on this, but I'm a bit interested in how the process is done.

KiNeSiS

Banned
AniHawk said:
Which TRU is this? MS made it specifically clear to contact them if anyone broke the street date.

pathedic snitch, In my hood you'd get stomped!
hating cause you wish you got the game early!

xsarien

daedsiluap
jedimike said:
Should have checked there a few days ago, but I went in today just to scope out what I want for the 3 for 2 deal.

Suprise, suprise I found this on the shelf... couldn't resist.

Nice, but welcome to, like, last Tuesday.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
jedimike said:
I know why it happens there... it's those stupid ass plastic cases they put over the games. They can't read the top of the game.
They have to put them in those stupid ass plastic cases by hand. They shouldn't be getting put into those cases and on to the floor in the first place.

xsarien

daedsiluap
MetatronM said:
They have to put them in those stupid ass plastic cases by hand. They shouldn't be getting put into those cases and on to the floor in the first place.

You clearly underestimate the apathy of teenage retail jockeys working for a company looking to sell off the toy end of their business anyway.

jedimike

Just got done playing for a couple hours. First off, the actual Arcade recreation is really just a tiny portion of this game. I was expecting something I would finish in a couple days (possibly hours)... no way. It's not burnout 3 huge, but their is a lot of meat to the game. The challenge portion is really what sets OutRun 2 apart from the arcade and into your Xbox. It's what makes the game worth $40.

+ Music - Especially "Life is a Bore."
+ Game Length - Not as short as I first believed
+ Racing variety - Keeps the game fresh
+ Xbox Live - of course

- Definitely some framerate issues. Not so much in arcade mode, but you'll see it in race mode.
- Transition Areas - takes about 10-15 seconds to transition from one area to the next. The landscape in the transition area is bare.
- Menu system - Not very user friendly.

AniHawk said:
Wow. I was half-joking. Now I'm wondering if I should really call.

Heh. On the Xbox Retail Training site last night, there was a quiz for two games that couldn't have their Street Dates broken (Outrun 2 and Halo 2). Thought it was kinda interesting that this happened the day after. I wont act on this, but I'm a bit interested in how the process is done.
lol yah i fount that quiz to be pretty funny too... 225 points!

Sharan

Lyte Edge said:
Nothing is showing up.

Was it Outrun 2? I'm tempted to go look for it, but don't see the point when there's probably barely anyone playing it online right now.

If you did get it early you could play against all those European players like ME :D

You also get some extra time to practice before the rest of the US get it, which will make you a better player!

atomsk

Party Pooper
MetatronM said:

except at 40 dollars, it shouldnt be on the floor. you should be putting the empty clamshells out, and the game behind the glass.

but hey, what do i know?

Jedimike or IJoel:

Do either of you use the optical digital audio on your Xbox? Over on the gamefaqs OR2 message board, ECM is claiming that you don't get any audio when using the digital out. Which if true, I am going to be super pissed.

Scoobert

AniHawk said:
Got Kingdom Under Fire for it! :D

Did you get free shipping for Kingdom Under Fire too? I think it was a mistake or something, it was the only game with no shipping charge. I don't know.

AniHawk

Scoobert said:
Did you get free shipping for Kingdom Under Fire too? I think it was a mistake or something, it was the only game with no shipping charge. I don't know.

Unfortunately, no. Had to pay $8.51.

IJoel

PanopticBlue said:
Jedimike or IJoel:

Do either of you use the optical digital audio on your Xbox? Over on the gamefaqs OR2 message board, ECM is claiming that you don't get any audio when using the digital out. Which if true, I am going to be super pissed.

I use optical digital audio on my Xbox and haven't had any issues with it. The soundtrack sorta sux though. It needs ROLLING STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART! :p

That sounds quite odd.

IJoel said:
I use optical digital audio on my Xbox and haven't had any issues with it. The soundtrack sorta sux though. It needs ROLLING STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART! :p

That sounds quite odd.

Thanks, that's good to hear. I don't know why ECM would want to spread false info, maybe somethings wrong with his setup.

I went to Toys r us yesterday to try and get OR2 and they wouldn't sell it to me! :mad

Scoobert

AniHawk said:
Unfortunately, no. Had to pay $8.51.

$9 for a great game is still an awesome deal! I guess it was a mistake when i got it for free shipping. Still hasn't shipped yet though, so I don't know yet.

BTW Halo 2 will be offered Jan. 3rd. Just received an email about it.

Lyte Edge

I've been able to practice for a little while now. :::whistles:::

I think I might try TRU on my way home today. :) Somehow I doubt they'll have it, but I guess it doesn't hurt to check and get my hopes up for no reason.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
xsarien said:
You clearly underestimate the apathy of teenage retail jockeys working for a company looking to sell off the toy end of their business anyway.

Uh, they're selling off Babies R Us last time I checked.
But I just work there, what the fuck do I know.

Scoobert

RevenantKioku said:
Uh, they're selling off Babies R Us last time I checked.
But I just work there, what the fuck do I know.

It was the other way around. Toys R Us was going to make Toys R Us and Babies R Us two different companies, then sell off Toys R Us. They decided though to keep everything as is for now. I'm guessing they want to see how this coming holiday season goes before making a final decision.

AniHawk

Scoobert said:
BTW Halo 2 will be offered Jan. 3rd. Just received an email about it.

Nice.

I might sell KUF to maximize on Game Rush's deal while I can. I spent $162 getting the PSTwo, and now I'll need $195 for Nintendo DS + SM64 DS and more for Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal.

jedimike

Sharan said:
If you did get it early you could play against all those European players like ME :D

There were no game sessions available to me last night when I tried to play on Xbox Live.

You also get some extra time to practice before the rest of the US get it, which will make you a better player

I don't think I'll ever be "good" at racing games. I've never been able to take my game to the top pinnacle. I'll just not suck as bad. :D

Lyte Edge

Well, tried the TRU in Buckhead (Atlanta), and no go. The guy had the game, but told me he didn't want to get in trouble. I'm thinking about going to another TRU that's about 20 minutes away from me, but don't know if it's worth the trouble, especially if there's no one to play online.

Anihawk: You don't like KUF? I really haven't played it, but it seems so cool. :)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Lyte Edge said:
Well, tried the TRU in Buckhead (Atlanta), and no go. The guy had the game, but told me he didn't want to get in trouble. I'm thinking about going to another TRU that's about 20 minutes away from me, but don't know if it's worth the trouble, especially if there's no one to play online.

Anihawk: You don't like KUF? I really haven't played it, but it seems so cool. :)

hey lyte, clear out your PMs ;)

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Scoobert said:
It was the other way around. Toys R Us was going to make Toys R Us and Babies R Us two different companies, then sell off Toys R Us. They decided though to keep everything as is for now. I'm guessing they want to see how this coming holiday season goes before making a final decision.

Well that's not what they told me.
Then again, I wasn't being arrogant haha. I only work there, what the fuck would I know? I've heard so much, but what I heard most consistently was that BRU was being sold.
*shrug*
I'm looking for other employment anyway.

Scoobert

RevenantKioku said:
Well that's not what they told me.
Then again, I wasn't being arrogant haha. I only work there, what the fuck would I know? I've heard so much, but what I heard most consistently was that BRU was being sold.
*shrug*
I'm looking for other employment anyway.

Are you saying I was being arrogant? How? I really wasn't trying to be a smart ass or anything. :D

RevenantKioku

Scoobert said:
Are you saying I was being arrogant? How? I really wasn't trying to be a smart ass or anything. :D

No, not at all.
I just said "But I just work there, what the fuck do I know." which is usually said in a sarcastic/arrogant way. And really, I don't know much haha.

Lyte Edge

Decided to try the TRU in Alpharetta, GA near Northpoint Mall. I walked into the game section and almost freaked out when I saw several stacks of Dead Or Alive Ultimate cases in the display case, but it turns out they were just display boxes. Damn. :)

I spotted OR2 and asked the guy to get it, he takes it out of the case, stops walking to the counter, looks up at me, and asks what today's date is. I'm not going to lie (plus I'm sure he would have checked at the register!), so I tell him it's the 19th, he tells me it says not to sell to anyone until the 26th, and I explain that I knew that and drove to TRU because I read on the web that TRU stores were breaking the release date.

He wants to know if it was this store; I tell him I believe so (didn't want to say that the other TRU near me wouldn't sell it to me, so I figured this must have been the TRu that the poster on Gamefaqs was talking about), but when he looks it up, he tells me no copies were sold. I tell him I understand and don't want him to get into trouble, but it's all over the gaming boards that TRU stores all over the country are breaking the release date.

"Well...the thing is that we could get fined for selling this early," he tells me. Then he walks over to the counter, rings the game up as a promotion, and I walk out happy. :D TRU ROCKS.

Top Bottom