• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

35 Years of Gameboy - The greatest handheld

Denton

I got it from my Dad who emigrated to Canada and came back for a short while, I think I was 6 or 7? I know I had it in early primary school and was total bad ass for it because nobody had it here back then. Played Mortal Kombat, Metroid 2, Zelda, Mario, Fortress of Fear, Street Fighter 2, Motocross Mania, shit ton of others. I still listen to some gameboy OSTs from time to time on youtube, loved them as a kid.
Unfortunately I have no idea where my unit ended up. I assume I let someone borrow it and never got it back. I had it with a nice case and cartridges with games and even gamegenie cheat device, but it is all gone now.

Of course, I didn't mind that much because when I was 10 I got my first PC, graduated from Mario to Fallout and Diablo and never looked back.

I remember playing Kung Fu Master on it

I remembered this game but not its name, so over the last couple decades I googled for it from time to time, unsuccessfully

and here it is, after 30 years I finally know what that fucking game was called

Kung Fu Master

Even the cartridge cover pic brings back memories

Last edited:

yankee666

Excellent OP!!!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Thanks for the great memories
I always hoped this year Nintendo release some sort of Gameboy "classic" or "mini" to commemorate the 35th anniversary. This also would have helped to fill the gap till Switch 2 releases
Guess I've to wait to the 40th anniversary 🤣
Games like Tetris, SML, Street Fighter II, Metroid 2 and Pokémon made my life a as a child a real joy

Last edited:
Top Bottom