• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like the third Mortal Kombat movie is a go:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ComingSoon.net (http://www.comingsoon.net) posts a report from actor Christopher Lambert's official website revealing that he will reprise his role of Rayden in "Mortal Kombat 3."

The site also says that Linden Ashby told TV Guide that he is in talks to reprise his role as Johnny Cage as well.

if it's done more like the first MK, it might be decent.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Well all I can say is thank goodness they managed to get Linden Ashby back. It probably took millions to pull him away from that sweet Lifetime-channel movie offer...

evil ways

I don't think it was a money problem, in an interview he said he read the script to Annihilation and thought it was terrible so he backed out of the sequel. Not that it would've mattered for him to be in it, Johnny Cage lasted all of 10 minutes in the movie.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Thank god Lambert is coming back.. I like James Remar but... not as Raiden.

Bog

Junior Ace
evil ways said:
I don't think it was a money problem, in an interview he said he read the script to Annihilation and thought it was terrible so he backed out of the sequel. Not that it would've mattered for him to be in it, Johnny Cage lasted all of 10 minutes in the movie.

My guess is it would've been a much bigger role if Ashby was Cage. It likely got cut down to a minute or so once he refused to sign on.

COCKLES

being watched
DarienA said:
Thank god Lambert is coming back.. I like James Remar but... not as Raiden.

He was originally Hicks in ALIENS, but he pissed off Cameron and so he fired him.

Willco

Hollywood Square
I see nobody cares that the director of Mortal Kombat 3 also directed a little gem called Battlefield Earth.

DMczaf

Willco said:
I see nobody cares that the director of Mortal Kombat 3 also directed a little gem called Battlefield Earth.

078324021X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

DMczaf

Willco said:
I don't get the relevance of posting the DVD cover of a movie that Costner-funded, Costner-sabotaged and Costner-plagued.

Directed by
Sam Raimi

YOU CANT RUN FROM THE TRUTH, WILL! YOU CANT!

Willco

Hollywood Square
DMczaf said:
Directed by
Sam Raimi

YOU CANT RUN FROM THE TRUTH, WILL! YOU CANT!

Sam Raimi was tricked into directing a movie that was REALLY directed by Costner. Since Raimi isn't a loser, he didn't walk out of the job completely. FACT.

Pimpwerx

As Norm Macdonald would say,

BOX OFFICE POISON

Let's all come up with a really dumb idea for a movie and pitch it to a studio. They're bound to donate the millions of disposable dollars they have for any piece of cack printed on paper. PEACE.

shuri

Banned
MK is pretty much one of the only decent american made martial art flick other than Enter the Dragon (of course) and maybe Bloodsport (I think that was a joint american/hk movie)

hell i watch it everytime its on tv.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Outlaw Pro Mod said:
I'd rather have a sequal to Big Trouble in Little China.

...no... any attempt at a sequel would sully the greatness of the original.

mattx5

I'm with Willco on this one. Costner is a fucking control freak, and couldn't accept that it wasn't his film to direct.

GO RAIMI!

Willco

Hollywood Square
mattx5 said:
I'm with Willco on this one. Costner is a fucking control freak, and couldn't accept that it wasn't his film to direct.

GO RAIMI!

SPREAD THE GOSPEL, BROTHER.

Basically, the only reason Raimi was involved was that in a post Waterworld and Postman era, Costner needed a face a production company would bank on. And that obviously wasn't him.

Shinobi

I'm all for it...just write Anhilation away as some sort of nightmare and start anew. The first movie was cheesey entertainment, and still fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom