• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Soul Aside – ChinaJoy 2024 gameplay

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Looks about the same as always. Stylish lower budget DMC. Could be an okay time if it ever comes out.

Last edited:
I totally forgot this game existed... Even though I really liked what I saw when it was first showcased.

I still don't like how the protagonist looks, is like if you took Cloud, Lightning, and Noctus and mashed them together...

But it could be interesting!

CamHostage

Weird that Sony picked this up to publish; they usually don't publish China Hero Project titles themselves even though they back them (most CHP games have in fact been multiplatform eventually after their PS run,) and this game has been in development for so long (2017!) that you have to wonder how it will turn out. Hope it's good though.

Ansphn

This is definitely coming out but it's taking a long time because originally it was only 1 guy making this game.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Big flashy jumping flaming spinning slash followed by uppercut flaming slash, and downward slashing, stab, stab, slash!!!!

Regular size enemy loses .00016% of health.

Give me meaty combat over this any day.

yurinka

A release date has yet to be announced.
Still no date is extremely disappointing.
>still no set release date
2024 hope is not gone until September!
This game isnt coming out.

The game has "2024" as release date, matching what the creator said that he planned to spend 10 years in this game. 3 months ago got the greenglight for its release in China after being reviewed, which means isn't far from release:

So pretty likely will be released in 2024.

XDEV Japan (formerly known as Japan Studio's 2nd party support/XDEV team) is in charge of publishing/supporting it, like the rest of Asian 2nd party games, so maybe they'll announce the release date closer to release in the Tokyo Game Show related State of Play, where they normally highlight Asian games.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Honestly it looks like shit

I was about to say this.

The game was first showed in the wake of FFXV's disappointing release. This has almost been a decade ago. I think many have moved on.
Big flashy jumping flaming spinning slash followed by uppercut flaming slash, and downward slashing, stab, stab, slash!!!!

Regular size enemy loses .00016% of health.

Give me meaty combat over this any day.

Honestly Stellar Blade is the same. Enemies won't flinch, and barely take any damage from most attacks. Its pretty much all for show, you need to abuse those meter abilities to win. And, FFXVI is exactly like this as well.

Last edited:
I always forget what this game is until I see the gameplay. Hope it's good!
It's been so long that it's funny to put it into perspective. This game was announced during a time where people didn't automatically assume that having the word 'soul' in your title meant you were making a Soulslike.

Pejo

Looks like they went back to the drawing board for the what, 5th or 6th time now? And oh boy, they added a break/stagger bar, how exciting.

I am astounded this is still in development.
That's the benefit of self-development, the biggest cost is your time. Most of this game's development was from 1 guy. Yes, things have expanded a bit in the past few years from what I've heard(which makes a release date much more important now), but before that it was just him.

Top Bottom