• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009) PS3

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
batman_arkham_asylum_2-normal.jpg

I don't ever remember ever liking a super hero game until this Batman game, Arkham City, and knight are top 10 super hero games but I still think asylum is one of the greatest, the atmosphere is just different.

You got great villains and in that aspect alone it’s a great game, from the villain standpoint you have the Joker who can matchup with anyone in marvel, loki, thanos, sinister six etc. Joker’s tactics and skill sets is just insane.

e29aee05f2a7c2c1c17f5972b79b1092.jpg

Jack Oswald White aka Joker.

Harley Quinn does anything the joker asks her to do, scarecrow

tbiuprow7fnlr5u4ghri.jpg

(psychic terrorist) and thanks to Rocksteady they show you Batman side scrolling through a terrifying level.

Bane, Killer crocodile 🐊, Poison ivy.

Those are great villains.

200.gif

preview.jpg

It appears to be linear but Arkham island shows you to be semi open world, I think they grew on this with knight and city.

20221011153350_1.jpg

I absolutely loved the map design, the world has real chemistry and everything just fits into place.

The stealth eccentric, 3rd person super hero vibe, mature Bruce Wayne with Batman and his gadgets, collecting riddles, upgrades all of it made me really enjoy this one.

What did Neogaf think of Batman Arkham Asylum?

Last edited:

Valt7786

Absolutely incredible title and my first platinum. Everything about it, at the time, was pretty much perfect and made you feel like you were Batman. All the characters were written and performed to perfection too.
If I could be made to forget a game so I could play it fresh all over again, it would be this one.

It's amazing Rocksteady came out of no where and delivered such a high quality game.

Suicide Squade is such a punch on my face.

Without wishing to derail the thread it is interesting to think that you just couldn’t make a triple A game where the only option was to play as a white male protagonist (on screen) in 2024. I doubt we will ever get a Batman game like these ones again. It will be Suicide Squad type stuff (or a Batman/Catwoman joint effort) from now on if it is to get funding.

Last edited:

gow3isben

Revolutionized the action stealth genre game is as iconic and influential as Dark Souls or RE4 or Uncharted 2

Last edited:
One of my favourite Metroidvanias ever. Fucking awesome atmosphere in this game too. I must play through this again and finally finish Arkham Knight. I should probably also play Origins too, I've heard mixed things but I'm sure it's good enough.

Astray

Great game, but the combat feels very sluggish if you're coming from City and especially Knight.

Really need a sequel instead of the nonsense we've been subjected to lately from WB Games.

Top Bottom