• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Battlefield 4 (PS3) 2013

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
BLUS31162_500x@2x.jpg

The people that actually played the campaign this is for you, and for the record I think 2042 not having a campaign was terrible.

This is a war shooter, USA is at conflict with china and Russia, you can engage in online multiplayer (so polarizing, good massive maps, heavily deep gun system, vehicles etc.).

bf4.gif

I think the campaign has its issues, there’s effort in dialogue from Dice, what this means is battlefield bad company games had important campaigns with chunks of good gameplay, here it’s endless battles and that’s not a problem, there’s interesting tank battles, and I really liked the connection to the tombstone squad, and being locked into this group with Irish, Hannah, and PAC.

call-of-duty-ghosts-vs-battlefield-4.jpg

Words can’t carry that much weight as playing this game. If anyone forgot Battlefield 4 was a cross gen game (PS3/PS4, 360/One) and there’s videos of the visual improvements and people forget that battlefield went up against Call of Duty’s Ghosts (considered a horrible entry) and battlefield 4 would go on to have 5 DLC packs, and sell over 7 million copies.

Battlefield 4 is actually on sale now on steam

IMG-5605.jpg

An 80 on meta critic.

Battlefield 3, 4, and Hardline Being Delisted This Month on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3

End of an era.

November 7 is Going to Be a Sad Day for Battlefield Fans

The servers for the ps3 version of being shut down, at a certain point this happens to games and you have to accept that, the 300 hours I spent on battlefield 4 online were a lot more credible than any hours I spent on another game, all the different classes, the classic maps Siege of Shanghai with its helicopters, light armored vehicles, giant skyscrapers () Lancang Dam, Paracel Storm etc. there’s tons of good to great maps here.

jht4wlc6h2871.jpg

Evidence that Dice can make good maps.

IMG-5606.jpg

Battlelog add a little complexity to battlefield games.

Some bad things that battlefield 4 showed was the battle packs, there was backlash over those briefcases you flipped to get him attachments or 100% extra XP for an hour, there’s “Premium” Battlefield which was weird that have you a bunch of DLC, it was basically season passes before season passes.

pc9lx67z9ta21.jpg

I’m not saying battlefield 4 was the best but it was definitely connected to fans more than ever, and contained some unbelievable experiences. What did GAF think of battlefield 4? Was the theme important? Do you trust Dice to get back on track?

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
EDIT: Thought this topic was about BF3.

BF4 was fantastic despite the default maps not being very good. Huge weapon variety, fun vehicle combat and gadgets. I hated using DMRs, and overall the shooting was a bit wonky with the weapon bloom effects.

I enjoyed the campaign for what it was.

HORRIBLE launch and was essentially unplayable.

Last edited:

DonF

I got it on release on ps4 with a buddy, I invited him to my house, two ps4s, and we played all fucking night. Last great battlefield. Loved it. It crashed like every 5 minutes.

Nvzman

This game was the video game equivalent of pregnancy, it was a complete grueling mess for 9 months after launch with tons of fixes being periodically deployed, and then something absolutely beautiful came out of it. After its first year BF4 became my favorite BF game easily, its the last DICE game with truly excellent maps and 64 player conquest played so much better than any other BF game since or before.

Kings Field

played it at launch on PS4. It crashed every five minutes but it was my favorite launch game at the time and is still a top 10 franchise besides hardline and 2042. I go back and play it from time to time still.

BigLee74

Unplayable at launch, but what a game it turned out to be. Just a pity it never got a proper update for the Xbox - left stuck on some horrible 720p resolution with horrendous jaggies.

Still, amazing stuff. The last truly great BF (and I did quite like 1 and V).

NickFire

After the bugs were worked out it turned into one of my favorite shooters of all time IMO. I purchased multiple future editions because I was hopeful they would be as fun at this was.

Horrific launch with atrocious net code but in the end it was one of the best games ever made
The dlc alone was the goat of dlcs that would put today's dlc of 1 map in 3 months to shame

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I'm waiting for the day OP upgrades to a PS4 in 5 years. It will be glorious.
I just put a bunch of ps4 games (AC Mirage, BO6, GoW Ragnarok) in my eBay cart lol there’s all this talk of next gen… and than they’re giving life to last gen!

Celcius

°Temp. member
A quick google search will show that is not true.
Factually incorrect. You must be misremembering.
You're implying that no one was able to play the game fine at launch and you're googling for your info.
I was there at launch, on my newly purchased GTX 780 Ti. I remember and it was fine for me.
Not sure what more to tell you. Back to googling you go I suppose.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
You're implying that no one was able to play the game fine at launch and you're googling for your info.
I was there at launch, on my newly purchased GTX 780 Ti. I remember and it was fine for me.
Not sure what more to tell you. Back to googling you go I suppose.
I'm not googling my information at all. I'm simply pointing out that the game was PLAGUED with issues at launch on all systems and you can check that by Google very easily.

Glitches that were across the board no matter what. Gadgets that would crash servers for example. So either you barely played the game or you're lying.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm not googling my information at all. I'm simply pointing out that the game was PLAGUED with issues at launch on all systems and you can check that by Google very easily.

Glitches that were across the board no matter what. Gadgets that would crash servers for example. So either you barely played the game or you're lying.
Not that I need to prove anything to you but

gXWZodT.png

You can say what you want though, I'm done responding to you.

Crownttano

This game was the video game equivalent of pregnancy, it was a complete grueling mess for 9 months after launch with tons of fixes being periodically deployed, and then something absolutely beautiful came out of it. After its first year BF4 became my favorite BF game easily, its the last DICE game with truly excellent maps and 64 player conquest played so much better than any other BF game since or before.
This game was absolutely garbage until like 2015 when DICE LA fixed it with some help from Visceral

Funny enough I'm actually playing right now 🤣 I got well over 6,000 hours into shit
At least it's still better than every other Battlefield that came afterwards

Wish I could play Battlefield 3 on PS5 instead tho

Top Bottom