• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Dying Light (Parkour's Delight)

Hulk_Smash

Banned
So, for the longest time I had a rough time getting Dying Light to work on my PC. Not sure why, but it suddenly started working on its own a few weeks back when a friend of mine suggested I reinstall it and try loading it up so we can play together. My only guess is that it was a driver update that fixed the problem.

Anyway, the game is amazing. Top 3 Zombie games I've ever played. And to think, I didn't even like Dead Island. I think the difference maker for me was a streamlined Menu/upgrade system and of course the hardcore parkour. And playing with a friend is great. I feel like they figured out how to do single player games as a co-op experience. They do it right.

The game is hard! Especially at night. Man, night time zeds will fuck your shit up. Doesn't matter what level you are. And every time you die, you lose survivor points. I felt the pain of every death any time that happened. One mission had me losing over 20k in survivor points. Even when your skill tree is filled out and your a zombie-bashing god, you can still get mobbed and find yourself incapacitated waiting for your partner to come revive you.

I also liked the story. Vanilla in a lot of ways, but I appreciated the fact that for once your character is a true-blue good guy. Even the side quests are memorable. The annoying brothers who insulted you every chance they got... the faux military guy who blows himself up... the crazy witch doctor Jamaican lady. And they never once got old. The only thing that got old was having to wait for my friend who is obsessive about his inventory management. What's funny about my friend is that all he ever cares about is the weapon that does the most damage. He doesn't experiment once he figures out the system. And then I always end up surprising him when I use a weapon or item he'd never seen before.

I 100%ed that bitch. I never 100% a game. But, it never got boring to me. Now, we're onto The Following and still loving it. Totally different landscape. Vehicles, open fields, very unique compared to the crowded buildings of the base game. Can't wait for DL2 to come out now.

intbal

It's my favorite game of the 8th generation. I only played Single, though.
The Following is great. Great gameplay. Great world map with all the travel. The most memorable moments for me were always at the dam.
The ending isn't quite as satisfying as the base game, though.

Top Bottom