• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Wild ARMs series

leroidys

I LOOOOOOVE the Wild Arms series! I'm still heartbroken that it (and Breath of Fire) seem to have ended after their 5th entries :(

I think my fave will always be the 1st Wild Arms, possibly tied with 5. 4 is the worst of the bunch but I still like it

I didn't want to do this but...

orJoBDo.jpg

for mobile and pc browser! Please be excited.

k1t4j

Great thread, Wild Arms 1 brings back great memories. Of a simpler time, going to school, summer vacation, playing all those fantastic JRPG on that amazing console, PS1.

Wild arms 1 has a great story an absolutely amazing intro, simple looking greatly addicting.

I have to say then I only played Wild Arms 2 but I didn't like as much. Never tried any of the others.

Good stuff indeed.

Raitaro

Fantastic OP Seda! This is the stuff we need more of here.

As for the games: I only tried Wild Arms 1 a few times back when it was just a few years old. I loved the opening (of course) - so much so in fact that I used to show it anybody willing to look at it - as well as the sprites, overworld graphics and overall Western vibe. The graphics of the battles even at the that time were a bit too off-putting for me to fully get into the game itself though. A shame. If only I had discovered the game earlier perhaps.

But despite this, thank you for bringing the series up again in such a detailed and spirited fashion. Love all the music links.

FYC

Banned
I never did finish any of the Wild Arms games(only played the first two as a kid), but I wanted to say this is a great write-up. Excellent work, Seda!

Fuck, that Wild Arms 4 cutscene rules

I've always maintained that I'm a huge fan of the odd-numbered entries. I really love 1, 3, and 5. The music in 3 is especially amazing and underrated.

Dean is the most annoying protagonist in a game ever, though. :(
Same here. 1 and 3 are my favorites by far, and 5 is better than 4 (although I liked 4) because it refines the new systems introduced by its predecessor. It's only 2 that I really couldn't stand at all.

I think Dean and Jude are the most annoying because they were voiced. Rudy knew how to stfu.

I've been hemming and hawing about playing Wild Arms 3 again lately because I've been pretty bored waiting for Devil May Cry 4 SE, but this topic may have pushed me over the edge.

The only problem is that I already started a new game in Lunar 2...

Top Bottom