• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 360 league interest.

Fifty

So as of now (pending finding an xbox for some)

1. Fifty (Ravens)
2. Mr Bob (Bears)
3. FMT (Niners)
4. DJ Demon (Redskins)
5. Matrix (Texans)
6. Gunstar
7. Azyuma (Packers)
8. DMczaf (Bucs)
9. Icedragon (Raiders)
10 Jesiatha (Seahawks)
11. Newsguy (Dolphins)
12. Malleymal (Chiefs)
13. DaddyZ (Rams)

This isn't looking like a bad group at all actually.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Fifty said:
So as of now (pending finding an xbox for some)

1. Fifty (Ravens)
2. Mr Bob (Bears)
3. FMT (Niners)
4. DJ Demon (Redskins)
5. Matrix (Texans)
6. Gunstar
7. Azyuma (Packers)
8. DMczaf (Bucs)
9. Icedragon (Raiders)
10 Jesiatha
11. Newsguy (Dolphins)

Hopefully Malley CK, Newsguy get in on the action

This isn't looking like a bad group at all actually.

Fifty, I really didn't think I had to list my team, we all know what team I run with it. :)

Fifty

I didn't list teams when there was a possible conflict like in the case of you and Cold both wanting the Eagles. I'll let that sort itself out, or you two could talk to each other.

Ramirez

I'm not on the list,fuck you Fifty! :lol

seriously ramirez, i think people just plug you into whatever tendencies they know of on GA (ea whore for every sport, fan of whatever team, etc)

I missed that earlier,lmfao...sounds about right.

Fifty

I don't know Lone.....Jesiatha's a pretty powerful dude..If he's willing to give us Geometry Wars I might be forced you bump you down ;)

I will now warn Jesiatha how the league works...at least how it has in the past. 3 day weeks usually, meaning that's how long you have to play your game in each "week" we've played on leaguedaddy.com to get the best experience with stats and it's gone well. However, the way leaguedaddy works is you have to input your stats manually at the end of the game...Here's a sample page
http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/schedule/date/gamestats.asp?lid=1307&did=54487&gid=802320
http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/...s.asp?lid=1307&did=54487&gid=802320&tid=51628

It's not that hard, but casual madden players need not apply

1. Fifty (Ravens)
2. Mr Bob (Bears)
3. FMT (Niners)
4. DJ Demon (Redskins)
5. Matrix (Texans)
6. Gunstar
7. Azyuma (Packers)
8. DMczaf (Bucs)
9. Icedragon (Raiders)
10 Jesiatha (Colts)
11. Newsguy (Dolphins)
12. Malleymal (Chiefs)
13. DaddyZ (Rams)
14. Ramirez (Steelers)
15. Lonestar (Seahawks)

Jesiatha

Fifty said:
I don't know Lone.....Jesiatha's a pretty powerful dude..If he's willing to give us Geometry Wars I might be forced you bump you down ;)

What I probably can do is offer up a free Arcade game (or maybe even a couple) to the winner or top couple players. If I don't get the Seahawks, go ahead and sign me up for a random team (my other team is the Steelers, who Ramirez has).

Jesiatha

Fifty said:
^^ I edited my post above just to fill Jes in a bit with how we've been rolling.

I'm in for the serious stats stuff - we did the same thing in a MotoGP 2 league and that worked out great. If Lonestar needs the Seahawks, can I get the Colts? "My" other teams are gone, and I've been a 2K guy for the past few years, so I'm probably going to end up with a pretty bad record and can use all the help I can get. Then I'll just hope that Lonestar isn't able to find a box (sorry Lone :)).

Jesiatha

One more question before I'm officially in - what hours do you guys usually play the games? It will be tough for me to get online before 8 or 9 pacific (which is 11 or midnight east coast). If that's cool, count me in :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
If this walmart.com order works out for me,Im not looking at having the system till atleast Dec 1st according to my order status page.

Hopefully you guys take time to play a lot of practice games before we start the league,that way the league is delayed :p or else im going to be left out :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez said:
Be cool like me and go camp a Wal-Mart like it's your home! :lol

Closest walmart is in New Jersey,I'm not driving to that shit hole.

Mrbob

Jesiatha said:
What I probably can do is offer up a free Arcade game (or maybe even a couple) to the winner or top couple players. If I don't get the Seahawks, go ahead and sign me up for a random team (my other team is the Steelers, who Ramirez has).

Geometry Wars is as good as mine now! :D

Matrix

DaddyZ said:
matrix, what Walmart in Jersey?

This is the closest one to me that I could find...

Wal-Mart Store #3520
400 Park Place
Secaucus, NJ 07094
(201) 325-9280

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix: There's a Walmart in Mineola that I am seriously considering hitting up in the morning. It's a 30 minute drive.

Now I just need to decide if it's worth calling in sick for.

Matrix

I'm too busy to drive anywhere,I was originally thinking of driving out to the West Nyack mall cause they have a Best Buy,Target,Compusa and a Fye all in the same place.I still have a couple of online stores left if walmart cancels my order,spoke to reps on the phone and they said they will have a few to sale come the 22nd,its most likely bs and in some insane bundle,but i'll let you know which two sites they are if you care.

I also might just try J&R's downtown store if I have time or run by a compusa or 86th streets best buy.Since im busy anyway these stores will most likely be sold out.

Like I said in the walmart thread,this whole shortage thing is really turning me off the system sadly.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm still a bit on the fench regarding Madden. I'll probably be getting it though and will be in with my Falcons.
I'm having a hard time justifing buying a game twice that has no offline features. But I can't think of another game that I really want that I can guarantee I'll play as much as Madden. Ya hear me?

Gunstar77

Well I am pretty sure I will be able to get a Xbox 360. I have a CC, Walmart, Sears, Kmart, and Toys R Us all within 10 minutes of me.

Jesiatha said:

:lol This season couldn't have been better for me. Sorry guys, I'm taking the house!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
iceDragon7 said:
:lol This season couldn't have been better for me. Sorry guys, I'm taking the house!

Not so fast Kaiba.... er ICE. Seems like I may get my 360 on afterall! I have been training on jedi difficulty in Madden 06. You are doomed when I see you again!

PS: I want the NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
First off....

matrix you live in NY?? I thought u lived in houston....

and Come to jersey we can save u tax money...

second...

jesiatha you have just made this new season into what will probably be the most argue filled, drama queened season ever now that there is something that people are playing for..

third...

does my xbox live on my xbox work on my soon to be 360?

Malleymal said:
third...

does my xbox live on my xbox work on my soon to be 360?

Yes xbox live isn't an anchored account to just Xbox1.
As soon as Xbox 360 is released, you'll be able to link your gamertag to the new one. Either by doing it online. Or the long process which is through the dashboard and recovering account. Enter last 4 digits of your CC. Then your set.

Fifty

Just a heads up guys.......there is NO PRACTICE MODE. Sucks more than most features cut, and I think it's a disgrace they can't include that.....so it'll be harder to lab plays. Just telling you that in advance..

1. Fifty (Ravens)
2. Mr Bob (Bears)
3. FMT (Niners)
4. DJ Demon (Redskins)
5. Matrix (Texans)
6. Gunstar
7. Azyuma (Packers)
8. DMczaf (Bucs)
9. Icedragon (Raiders)
10 Jesiatha (Colts)
11. Newsguy (Dolphins)
12. Malleymal (Chiefs)
13. DaddyZ (Rams)
14. Ramirez (Steelers)
15. Lonestar (Seahawks)
16. CK (The Giants)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im so damn torn between PZ:0 and madden. i want both but can only afford one :(

Matrix

Malleymal said:
First off....

matrix you live in NY?? I thought u lived in houston....

Moved to Manhattan when I was 3,been living in NY now for 22 years,but I spent all my summers in Houston and my dad got me hooked on my hometown teams.I just feel loyal to Houston....its shocking that a hardcore Houston fan lives in the big apple,aint it?

:p

I'm probably going to try and get Madden. I just wanted to hear your guys' impressions first. I'll let you know in the next couple of days.

newsguy

I didn't want to start a new thread in the gaming forum, also, the only Maddenites reside in this thread anyways so here goes...

I played the retail version of Madden at my EB for about an hour today. I used the Giants the first time (the other kid wanted the Fins) and the Fins second. First and foremost, the most notable difference that you WILL notice is that it's 30fps. Everything just moves at a slower pace and once in a while tapping juke or spin will lag between the time you tap it and you see it happen on screen. Also, the NFL2K kick thing is really lame IMO mainly cause of the lag you have to hit the button before the point you want it to stop at. Graphically, no screen or video will do this game justice. Jaggies are near impossible to see and everything just looks smooth.

Gameplay is still tight and yes the blocking is 100% better!!! (Ronnie Brown FTW bitches)
I purposely ran sweeps and was astounded to see 3 guys pull off the line and block the guys they were supposed to. Passing is still tight (although I think holding the R trigger for quick scanning with the cone is out, which means you must use the right stick to move it...SUCK TOTAL). Again, I didn't have time to make sure because I was playing someone else, so it may be in, but I couldn't get it to work. The pacing of the game is perfect and the 30fps actually helps you see plays develop, I can't explain it but I felt like I could see open guys easier. Defensively, losing presnap adjustments suck ass. This kid played with Moss and he kept chucking it deep and I couldn't double team him at all...GRRRR.

Special Teams are well balanced and because of the improved blocking you wil see bigger punt and kick returns. Oh, I did notice clipping on many plays. One time it actually affected a play. His back ran off the tackle, but instead of running to the left of him, he actually went through his leg and got a huge gain. This was once, but I did see lots of other clipping instances that didn't affect the gameplay (but it raped my eyes).

Overall from just a head to head perspective, it's Madden like we know it with a bit of a slower pace and better blocking. Missing stuff presnap on defense is more annoying than I thought it would be, but in our sim league the only person this will help is Matrix who throws the deep ball like no other. It's worth it cause in ways it feels different from 06 and it's a solid launch offering if you're looking to play football and don't care about pricing toilet paper in the handicap bathrooms of Dolphins Stadium.

Gunstar77

Thanks for your impressions, I can't wait to finally see Madden in HD because Madden on PS2 and Xbox was the worst looking 480p game I have ever played as far as graphics go.

wait, there is NO presnap defense at all? you can't bump players? shade? i know they took out individual hot routing on D, but did they take out the entire system?

CB3

Well, that sealed it, im getting PDZ at launch. Madden can wait till christmas for me

Fifty

Yeah....wait till the season's over to get it! *looks at your avatar* Oh wait, your season is already over! :lol

Yes, a Ravens/Raptors fan is talking shit. You've seen the impossible folks

CB3

Fifty said:
Yeah....wait till the season's over to get it! *looks at your avatar* Oh wait, your season is already over! :lol

Yes, a Ravens/Raptors fan is talking shit. You've seen the impossible folks

:lol :lol :lol I was just about to rip into you for that before i saw that little statment at the end

newsguy

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wait, there is NO presnap defense at all? you can't bump players? shade? i know they took out individual hot routing on D, but did they take out the entire system?

Not completely, you can still press up, play off, shift the line or the LB's. It's just individual adjustments like sending individual guys into blitzes, double coverage, zone etc.

Matrix

"Missing stuff presnap on defense is more annoying than I thought it would be, but in our sim league the only person this will help is Matrix who throws the deep ball like no other"

:eek:
I feel giddy!

Rorschach

newsguy said:
Missing stuff presnap on defense is more annoying than I thought it would be, but in our sim league the only person this will help is Matrix who throws the deep ball like no other.
Mossssss!

am i the only one who never used the manual double team? if i want to double a receiver, i'll pick the play from the start. STOP BEING PUSSIES!

but seriously i did use hot blitzing :(

Top Bottom