• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madonna pulls a 'Puff Daddy'

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
For `Esther,' `Madonna' is immaterial

Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone has a message for the world: "Call me Esther."

[...]

In an interview to air Friday night on ABC's 20/20, Madonna/Esther talks about her faith, adding that although she was named after her mother (who died when she was young), the superstar isn't dishonoring her memory with the name change.

"I wanted to attach myself to the energy of a different name," she says in the interview.
The Houston Chronicle

How apt. That's like Paris Hilton changing her name to Naomi.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The artist formally known as Madonna would have worked better.

Well, it's supposedly embracing her Kabbalah interests (I believe, I read about it a couple days ago). So it's not really as simple as "I'm changing my name to get attention!", at least not in her words. I'm sure that's a big part of it though.

explodet

Not to be confused with:

B0000062H5.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

LakeEarth

#1 - It's retarded. We've known her as Madonna for 20 years!
#2 - Esther won't catch on. Puff Daddy was able to change his name, sorta, because P. Diddy is close to his previous name and sounds funny... Esther sounds like she's finally accepting the old decrepid whore that she is.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
The article is taking Madonna's words out of context. I watched the interview with her and Ester is her chosen Hebrew name for Kabala. The interviewer even asked her "so do you expect people to call you Ester now?" and Madonna was like "oh, God no. This is just a Kabala thing.". Apparently it's a fairly common practice with Kabala.

So you guys can chill the fuck out now.

MIMIC

Banned
JC10001 said:
The article is taking Madonna's words out of context. I watched the interview with her and Ester is her chosen Hebrew name for Kabala. The interviewer even asked her "so do you expect people to call you Ester now?" and Madonna was like "oh, God no. This is just a Kabala thing.". Apparently it's a fairly common practice with Kabala.

Her association with ANYTHING religious raises a few eyebrows, justifiably so.

I didn't see the interview, but it's laughable that she's trying to embrace "Kabala," after open-mouth kissing two women for entertainment purposes.

It's a joke.

Willco

Hollywood Square
JC10001 said:

Yeah, what he said. You guys believe anything on the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom