• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia [Werewolf] - Have you joined the lynch mob? Sign-up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Palmer_v1

Had an idea for a game. Want to know if this would even be possible.

You post a list of all participating roles in the start post but the players will not know which role they have. So they have to guess by sending pm's at night. Hoping to have picked the right role.

Seems odd. What would the point be?

Karkador

Banned
It could work if most, if not all, the roles acted automatically. I'm not sure if the game is ' mafia' at that point, but I'd play it.

Palmer_v1

Figure out your role and find your partners in crime. Setting would probably with some small groups and not just town vs. mafia.

But like I said. It is just an idea. No idea if this could actually work.

I probably wouldn't be a fan, personally. You'd end up with a lot of people who never really got to play a proper game.

I still think we should probably play another round of "normal" games before we get crazy. It'd be nice to get to a point where we don't have to explain what a doctor or watcher does every game.

Ourobolus

Banned
I probably wouldn't be a fan, personally. You'd end up with a lot of people who never really got to play a proper game.

I still think we should probably play another round of "normal" games before we get crazy. It'd be nice to get to a point where we don't have to explain what a doctor or watcher does every game.

I agree. The idea I had is largely still a normal game, but the "twist" I planned doesn't really do anything too crazy, so much as limiting actions - kinda like Kark's range modifiers on some roles.

Zatoth

This is btw. not the game I am thinking of running. This should be more "normal". Some twist maybe, but nothing big.

Palmer_v1

I'm hoping for a werewolf game at some point, and a few roles we(to my knowledge) haven't had yet, i.e. Cupid, Town Vig, Hunter, Cursed, Witch, etc.

Karkador

Banned
I think It's more so that Werewolf has a particular set of roles that are common to it, while Mafia has another set. They're interchangeable, of course, but you're bound to see 'weirder' roles in Werewolf

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
THE WAITING IS LITERALLY KILLING ME

fb0.jpg

RetroMG

Damn it, Crab. The wait is killing me, and you have only made it worse.
;)

(Posting it in here so I don't bump the AC thread again.)

squidyj

Im not posting in the ac thread until it opens but its funny, whenever I play TW3 I'm always thinking "witcheeer, come out and plaaaaaayy"

Palmer_v1

Knowing that there are a dozen or so people judging us from beyond the grave(or gravity well in Johnny's case), has become rather unnerving. I would like to preemptively say that I hate you all so much for what I may soon be reading.

Zatoth

Knowing that there are a dozen or so people judging us from beyond the grave(or gravity well in Johnny's case), has become rather unnerving. I would like to preemptively say that I hate you all so much for what I may soon be reading.

Nobody is judging you.

tumblr_inline_mgpz0hms1z1qcy7dd.gif

RetroMG

Same for you dead bastards from the Animal Crossing thread. God, getting close to the end is stressful.

Top Bottom