• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAGICAL BEAT |OT| - Drop it to the beat

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Page Not Found!
It's not you. It's the Internet's fault.

More like it's the fault of arbitrary HEY FUCK CANADA rules. It's things like this that make me wish you could pirate Vita games.
Careful junior. Might wanna edit that.

Well I'd love to but apparently Arc System Works hates Canada.

Fuck you too, Arc.
crying-cat.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I was gonna get it anyway, but this is a much more reasonable price considering the song list.

Now I'll get more song packs.

I'm not really a trophy whore or anything, but this game doesn't seem to want to sync to server. Anyone else having that problem?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, this is kinda... hard.

I'm please that the music, or at least the rhythm of the music, is pretty integral if you want to do well.

Kinda barebones but it's a fun game.

How do you access the guilty gear songs though? All I see are the vocaloid stuff. Can't see any of the instrumental songs.

linid0t

Bought it before realising there wasn't any online vs, which is kind of a downer...

Still pretty fun though, if light on modes, which is understandable given the price I suppose.

Wish there were Nesica systems in arcades in HK so I could play some vs against humans, or that this was released on a console so two people could play on the television.

Shinriji

How do you access the guilty gear songs though? All I see are the vocaloid stuff. Can't see any of the instrumental songs.

Unlock all the extra songs (GG, BB, XBLAZE, instrumental) and characters (Ragna, Noel, Touya and Es) beating the game once on normal or hell with any character.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Man, I'm really going to have to get used to this. Maybe not playing tetris too much ever has made this harder than it needed to be so far.

gunstarhero

Just played the demo...and loved it.

Is there much more to the game than the demo? Modes, characters, etc? What's the appeal to buying it over the demo?

maouvin

Just played the demo...and loved it.

Is there much more to the game than the demo? Modes, characters, etc? What's the appeal to buying it over the demo?

Demo = easy mode on the full version (5 stages).

Full game comes with normal and hell modes (10 stages each), free play (choose music, rival and difficulty), ad-hoc play and some unlockables (music and chars, see Shinriji's post above).

Love rhythm-based puzzle games, not into the vocaloid thing. Does the game also have instrumental (non-vocaloid) tracks or tracks with actual vocals? Also this kind of reminds me of the criminally-underrated (and overlooked) Groovin' Blocks for WiiWare. Yah?

Shinriji

Love rhythm-based puzzle games, not into the vocaloid thing. Does the game also have instrumental (non-vocaloid) tracks or tracks with actual vocals?

Instrumental, yes. But have to be unlocked and only avaliable in the "My own battle" mode, which is the free mode.

Also, FUCK YOU ORIGINAL.

Roubjon

ROFL!

fffffrnptt.png

That awful grammar lol. And I guess I'm a hero as well.

EDIT: Oh sick, I had no idea there were unlockable characters and music.

Tain

This seems neat, some IQ issues (uneven downscaling) aside. What kind of bonus do you get for Great/Best/Whatever?

fake edit: I just hit L+R in a Normal Battle and the enemy instantly lost. uhhhhhh

linid0t

This seems neat, some IQ issues (uneven downscaling) aside. What kind of bonus do you get for Great/Best/Whatever?

fake edit: I just hit L+R in a Normal Battle and the enemy instantly lost. uhhhhhh

Wow it worked! Probably a debug feature they forgot to take out right >_>?

maouvin

Oh man! I now have GG/BB/Xblaze music, mwahaha!
I'm ashamed.

I wish the game manual had more info. Anyone knows how sending black beatons to the other works? Do they fall at random positions, or does it have to do with the position of the beatoms you cleared? Do dropping them at the perfect timing increase the number of black beatoms sent?

And you're handicapped on the last stages, aye? The ghost did like three moves and suddenly I was overwhelmed.

Shinriji

LOL. There goes all my work to clear hell.

antibolo

Banned
So they updated the blog post to confirm that it's indeed US-only, no Canada (or Mexico I assume).

And of course ASW US remains silent about it. Their Twitter account hasn't answered anyone asking about it.

I'm really starting to not like them having a US branch. Aksys wouldn't have pulled this kind of shit.

I played Tetris Attack on the SNES, I played all the way through four different versions of Lumines...

And I can't get past stage 3 of normal mode on this.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
ArcSys screwed up the Canadian release AGAIN?

>_<

So they updated the blog post to confirm that it's indeed US-only, no Canada (or Mexico I assume).

And of course ASW US remains silent about it. Their Twitter account hasn't answered anyone asking about it.

I'm really starting to not like them having a US branch. Aksys wouldn't have pulled this kind of shit.

I agree, but pestering their Twitter and Facebook pages is sadly all we can do.

mothball

So what benefit is there for doing "best" drops rather than "good" drops? It's not in the manual and I'm too busy focusing on where to drop the next piece to notice myself.

BTA

I checked out the demo thanks to this thread and it was pretty interesting; I think I'll wait on the BlazBlue packs before picking it up, though. On that note, the OP isn't consistent with the Japanese wiki article that was linked in terms of what songs are in the packs. I hope it's the wiki that's right, since I haven't played the more recent BB games and according to it it'd be the older songs for those characters that're in the game, but I won't mind too much if it isn't.

Shinriji

I checked out the demo thanks to this thread and it was pretty interesting; I think I'll wait on the BlazBlue packs before picking it up, though. On that note, the OP isn't consistent with the Japanese wiki article that was linked in terms of what songs are in the packs. I hope it's the wiki that's right, since I haven't played the more recent BB games and according to it it'd be the older songs for those characters that're in the game, but I won't mind too much if it isn't.

The Wiki entry is from the arcade version, not the Vita version. Some songs on the arcade version aren't in, but ASW says that more DLC is on the way.

BTA

The Wiki entry is from the arcade version, not the Vita version. Some songs on the arcade version aren't in, but ASW says that more DLC is on the way.

Realized that a little while after I posted, oops. That being said, it looks like they announced a 3rd BB pack that has those songs, so I guess I'll be picking up the game and the first pack later tonight.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
New DLC is up, this time of Xblaze music/characters. Once again, each song/character is available separately for $1. Will link to the bundle once it's up, as PSN still seems to be updating with this week's content.

- Crimson Heart - Kuon
- The Spirit - Es
- Time of Death - Ripper
- Follower Bathed in Blood - Drei
- Unbreakable Resolve - Mei
- Viridian Tranquility - Hinata

Edit: 2 more songs/characters added, still no bundle yet, though it's up on the Vita PS Store.

antibolo

Banned
There's now a PS3 port on the Japanese PSN, with a demo.

Seriously considering it, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the full game.

Pretty weird that they only localized the Vita version for the West?

Top Bottom