• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man asked victim if he wanted to buy cannabis then threw corrosive liquid in his face

slit

In this case, i certainly hope so.

I dunno, i think there needs to be a strong deterrent to prevent this. A life sentence is a very good start, but i dunno if that would stomp out the problem.

Its just messed up. When i read the victims account of the event and how they are permanently depressed, cant leave the house and are suffering 24/7, it really hurts.

Well glad you really thought that through.

Acid is a common weapon in Arabic and South Asian countries, where a lot of immigration into London comes from. You'll note a lot of these articles describe the perpetrators as being of "Mediterranean appearance".

Sad but true.

Cite sources pls

Last I checked a huge portion of these attacks are by white supremacists and gangs (not Asian or Arabic). I've also never heard of South Asian or Arabic people described as "Mediterranean".

This is the one thing that makes me grateful for the proliferation of guns in the US. I'd much rather be shot multiple times and killed than disfigured for life. God knows I'd probably kill myself anyway in that circumstance so being shot just saves me the trouble.

Cant they ban these high corrosives and use alternatives? Its getting to the point where this is happening every week.

(Sorry i hit quote by mistake instead of edit)

Its been happening for years. The difference is the news are running articles on it now just like they did about a decade ago with inner city knife crime. The reason they ran the articles then was because knives were used for robberies against the public and people were getting stabbed, now the acid is used for robberies and the public are getting acid burns.

Anung

Un Rama
Eye for an eye. Acid burn the assholes who do this and let them live the same life they'd condemn others to.

Beefy

No I meant his implication that immigrants were the major cause of the attacks.

I know they are common in other parts of the world against women.

Had one down in Southampton where I live, it was a white dude. Gangs are the most at fault though.

Acid is a common weapon in Arabic and South Asian countries, where a lot of immigration into London comes from. You'll note a lot of these articles describe the perpetrators as being of "Mediterranean appearance".

Sad but true.

Cite sources pls

Last I checked a huge portion of these attacks are by white supremacists and gangs (not Asian or Arabic). I've also never heard of South Asian or Arabic people described as "Mediterranean".

Yeah, that’s really the type of claim you’re gonna need to back up with some links.

Or change your name to Ultrafalseman.

Top Bottom