• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man Charged With Selling Call Of Duty Games Stolen From Sony Factory

Loudninja

A man from Terre Haute, Indiana has been charged with theft and “offense against intellectual property” after being caught selling PS4 copies of the unreleased Call of Duty: WW2 that it’s claimed were stolen from a Sony factory.

Terre Haute is the location of one of Sony’s DADC facilities, where the company produces its CD, DVD and Blu-Ray discs. And it’s where Dshaye Towles, WTHITV reports, was arrested following a traffic stop.

It’s alleged that the man had been selling the games for just $45 on eBay, and that they were part of a load of discs stolen earlier this month that also included copies of Madden 18.

Neither Sony or local authorities have been able to determine how Towles was able to obtain the games, since there’s no record of him working at the DADC facility.
https://kotaku.com/man-charged-with-selling-call-of-duty-games-stolen-from-1819667618

Really how dumb can you be.

Qblivion

If he was clever enough to obtain them you’d think he’d be clever enough to fence them. Who sells shit on eBay that is obvious he has no business possessing in the first place?

If he was clever enough to obtain them you’d think he’d be clever enough to fence them. Who sells shit on eBay that is obvious he has no business possessing in the first place?
Theft isn't necessarily something that requires a criminal mastermind.

I also find it astounding he was only moving them for $45. Could have easily gotten $100 a disc if he knew where to make an offer.

RevenWolf

There was a man that managed to steal a literal bucket full of gold in a spur of the moment while walking past an armored transport.

Him getting his hands on the disks in now way indicates that he was clever.

What I would find hilarious is if he was the fence, and had bought the games off the actual thief.

There was a man that managed to steal a literal bucket full of gold in a spur of the moment while walking past an armored transport.

What I would find hilarious is if he was the fence, and had bought the games off the actual thief.
Did that guy ever get caught

Boke1879

Yea it was probably just something sitting out and he happened to walk past.

Theft isn't necessarily something that requires a criminal mastermind.

I also find it astounding he was only moving them for $45. Could have easily gotten $100 a disc if he knew where to make an offer.
back in the day, I think it was blops 1 some YouTube people paid like 1k for the game

He did, I believe he lasted 3-5 days from what I recall.

I can't remember the exact dates but i remember being fairly impressed with how long he managed considering how many people were looking for him.

I'm still wondering how the hell he was ID'd with such a low-res blurry video.

Top Bottom