• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man stabs gator to protect dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

alejob

GAINESVILLE, Florida (AP) -- A man jumped in a pond and stabbed a 6-foot alligator with a pocketknife to force the reptile to release his dog from its jaws.

Matthew Goff, 29, said he was walking Sugar, a tan-colored bloodhound/Shar-Pei mix, in a park when the attack occurred Wednesday evening. The unleashed dog wandered to the edge of the pond, and the gator grabbed its head.

"I couldn't stand by and watch it happen, and I had the pocketknife so I decided to try and save her," Goff said.

The gator released Sugar when Goff stabbed the reptile in the eye. The dog then ran home, escaping with three teeth marks on and about her head. Goff had a few scratches.

A state trapper planned to kill the gator if it's found.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/08/27/gator.attack.ap/index.html
Stupid state trooper, I plan on killing you for eating a chicken!

Anyway, I hear crocs love dogs.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Well dogs are better pets and he gets some nice shoes out of it.

MASB

lol. That's great. That's a dedicated owner. "Mess with my dog? They'll be calling you one-eyed croc by the time I'm done with you!" I guess that is a pretty effective defense, go for their eyes.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Visions of Happy Gilmore danced across my eyes while reading this....

KingV

6 foot gators only weight like 60-70 pounds. Would be more impressive if it was like 10 or 12 feet.

Boomer said:
You would let an alligator eat your dog?

Well, to have the state trooper kill the alligator for this action is rather ridiculous. A small animal walked up to the edge of its home. What else would it do? This is nowhere near comparable to some animal attacking humans, which is generally what's required to sentence an animal to death like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom