• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach 661 i guess

jobbers do the jobber role of fighting generic Musou enemies

One Piece 815

oh god please don't just be enies lobby (again) after the last arc was alabasta (again)

Oda you are way better then this...We are EIGHT HUNDRED chapters in the time for this kind of arc has passed.

And did robin really just fall asleep on the job
Honestly I like the idea of a rescue Sanji arc, because it'd be nice having a rescue x arc for a crew member besides the female ones (And this situation seems more similar to Nami and Arlong than Robin anyways)

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Hello MangaGaf, first post here :).

I just finished reading all the available chapter of Sangatsu no Lion. I'm rarely disappointed when a manga is tagged "seinen", but I just got blow away.

How come after 11 volumes it's still not licensed anywhere in the West ? I need more shogi in my life.
You have good taste. Maybe once it's adaption starts airing, it'll get even more exposure to facilitate this.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi 202-203

So pretty much a redux of Haru last arc.

The only new element t was revealing to Raku that she knew he was her "prince" and confronting her with her decision, which was unneeded really.

Well, this was still the best outcome one could hope for this arc, Haru goes out by her own decision (again) and keeping her head high.

Now onto Tsugumi.

It makes me laugh that Haru didn't even spit it out, she just acknowledges he's not that bad, which he probably figured out 100 chapters ago when she stopped treating him like shit.

Rymuth

Toriko
I'm not liking this whole arc and there's so much info dump that I have literally no idea what's going on ever since the end of Bambina's arc.

Still, I want to say this ~ this last chapter did not sit well with. The way Neo would psychologically break its prey really got under my skin. Never thought I'd get unnerved by Toriko of all mangas, haha...

Toriko

This series does have some major gaps in logic, even for pure fiction. I mean how does Neo actually travel between planets? I am sure he just does...Also, Neo does seem a particularly disgusting entity. Kind of looking forward to him being defeated.
The moment you think about Toriko, I thought, it falls apart. I mean, the ecology makes no sense. There are certain creatures that their habitat shouldn't be able to support.

Dagashi Kashi

20 chapters in and it's nice and chill. Anyone watch the anime?

Yeah. The anime skips around a lot, which doesn't really matter but it goes into untranslated chapters.

Where it suffers is that they are stretching out one chapter (8 pages) into 11 minutes which doesn't work all that great. To make up for this they add new stuff but its mostly just sexual stuff and lewd. It's not like the manga doesn't lean into that but the anime goes way harder.

Still enjoyable.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki spoilers:

Lame as fuck looking edgelord goon squad guys that look like they were designed by Tite Kubo show up and start talking shit about how they're the best or some garbage. I assume we're about to spend 4 or 5 chapters on these mooks getting built up into Renjis before they get their asses ate up by the Good Guy Squad.

Bo-ring. Can we get back to Erina or Tadokoro or basically anyone interesting doing stuff instead "hey guiz more characters!!1"

Nisekoi spoilers:

As expected, a Tsugumi rejection arc begins.

Assass Classclass 174

Ignoring the one page that has the morphing of his emotions, this actually worked really well. He was still extremely pissed off as noted by his tentacles not changing colors and pretty much focused the entire brunt of his anger (which as Shiro mentions is when the cells are their strongest) into an attack that he has now foreshadowed twice as what got him out of his most dangerous situations. I found Shiro's death super satisfying because fuck that dude, you don't get to die like a main villain, you die in despair like the asshole you are.

As far as the emotion thing, it is a bit...much. It was a bit weird and I know what it was going for but I don't think it was executed very well. We've seen that the tentacles are extremely responsive to a variety of emotions so it makes sense but it just came off as cheesy when the manga never really strayed into that territory before. You could simply have had him concentrate all the anger in his tentacle cells to the tips of his tentacles without any of the emotional range and it would've pretty much been the same thing. You also would've been able to have him say something during it to get the desired effect to show that he had control over his emotions and was instead using his good ones to control his bad ones.

Still, was a decent enough chapter. Kayano's fate is still up in the air, but not looking good for her

Infection 1+2

Wow. Should just change the name of this manga to "The Adventures of Flat Chest and Fat Ass" Jesus this is fan-service and nothing butt.

Revo

Fire Brigade of Flames 16

lol, guess we're having them be the pure evil who lets our heroes show off their strength

jbug617

Banned
Soma 153 Raw Spoilers
Really don't like the look of the new people in Central. Guess it's going to be Soma and Takumi versus them next.

Onigiri Sasa end

So this ended without ever giving us a good reason why the peaceful and unaware demons are being killed beyond "they MIGHT go on a rampage someday", which is kind of bullshit. And to add insult to injury, you throw in a slight bit of homophobia at the end there.

What a fuckin stupid series, though I guess I can't expect something serious to have any real depth when it's by the Domina no Do guy.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! 240

latest

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! ch.238 - 240
An invitation to the Cotton Candy estate, and now the mother shows up. The resemblance is certainly there.

I am already giddy with anticipation.

dani_dc

The pace in this manga now is INSANE.

RIP haru, you were actually a good fit for Raku

Yup, though even with this pace I'd say we have 100 more chapters to go seeing as we're missing all third year.

Haru was too good for Raku, as was Marika.

Onodera is probably the better fit for him (his relationship with Chitoge is pretty unhealthy), but I don't think he likes her as more than a childhood crush.
It makes me laugh that Haru didn't even spit it out, she just acknowledges he's not that bad, which he probably figured out 100 chapters ago when she stopped treating him like shit.

Raku figuring something out?
I know he recently figured out his feelings for Chitoge, but let's not forget who we're talking about.

Aho Girl ch.57 - 63
I am still amazed that for such a huge idiot, Yoshiko is still amazingly smart in the areas her mind deems to be important.

And the gal girl has now fallen prey to Yoshiko's charm. Wonder what the next victim will be in the future?

Angry Grimace

Yup, though even with this pace I'd say we have 100 more chapters to go seeing as we're missing all third year.

Haru was too good for Raku, as was Marika.

Onodera is probably the better fit for him (his relationship with Chitoge is pretty unhealthy), but I don't think he likes her as more than a childhood crush.

Raku figuring something out?
I know he recently figured out his feelings for Chitoge, but let's not forget who we're talking about.
Its only sort of almost over because I assume he'll have to actually pick one of them which will probably take fucken forever.

Haru ending would have been trollicious since he'd end up NTRing Kosaki in the worst way ever.

upandaway

Soma (is out)

Heh, completely expected that. I'd love it if they have a match right there.

Can't say I'm a fan of shock value gaps in strength, a bit too powerlevel-ish for me, but it'll work for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom