• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blusby

Oku-san 01: This is the best thing ever

W6zo79N.jpg

One Piece 773

ROBIN SWAAAAAAAAAAAAAN stopping Hakuba and telling him to chill out
way better character then bloody Nami... the polling are skewed

Also my man Bartolomeo showing his stuff (and having a move that is a homage to luffy's pistol punch)... nice chapter

Usobuko

Banned
Sekai Oni 1-20

man this is some fucked up shit, doesn't help that the art style is fucked

how am i supposed to sleep now

1) Keep reading
2) Search for similar manga
3) Repeat #1

The only way to get it out of your head is to find something with a stronger lasting flavours.

Usobuko

Banned
I guess I'll go read Biomeat Nectar again

seriously that manga is so good

Do you have any idea what that mangaka is working on these days? Waluta Hanga seems to be his last work and it's a short series from 2009.

I only read Metro Survive from him btw but I did heard of Biomeat Nectar.

_hekk05

Banned
Do you have any idea what that mangaka is working on these days? Waluta Hanga seems to be his last work and it's a short series from 2009.

I only read Metro Survive from him btw but I did heard of Biomeat Nectar.

Yeah he kinda dropped off the radar ever since 2013?

Biomeat nectar was his first foray into the survival genre. It left impressions on me

upandaway

One Piece

That pistol was great. I love that guy.

Kinda eh about Cabbage with the half body thing but oh well. There's definitely a story there, maybe even this arc, to the reason why Hakuba exists/wants to cut things so badly.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
One Piece

That pistol was great. I love that guy.

Kinda eh about Cabbage with the half body thing but oh well. There's definitely a story there, maybe even this arc, to the reason why Hakuba exists/wants to cut things so badly.

That will transition easily to the next arc to his kingdom in the new world.

dani_dc

One Piece 773

Really enjoyed this chapter.
It's unfortunate that Robin is going to be relegated to protect Rebecca, but at least she got a couple of shining moments in this chapter.

Bart continues to be the best thing about this entire arc.

To me, the saddest part of the manga is
where she had to come up with this mermaid persona and alter her focus of her reality. The part where she has given up and associate 'violence will cease with time' was also heart-breaking.

Have you read Punpun yet?

The mermaid story was the first thing that stocked out, especially since early on it's presented fairly ambiguously.

Was a shame that
the series started to basically flat out tell you that she was going to be murdered about half way into it.

And yeah, I read PunPun over the summer, one of those works that left an impression on me, I wasn't quite sure what to feel while reading it, I do wish I could experience it again.

Sekai Oni 1-20

man this is some fucked up shit, doesn't help that the art style is fucked

how am i supposed to sleep now

I thought you were suposed to be stone cold.

Outside of the first couple of chapters there was nothing too awful about it anyway.

*8. 153,236 *,153,824 World Trigger Vol.9

*7. 155,661 *,155,942 Owari no Seraph Vol.7
24. *37,900 *,*37,900 Sousei no Onmyouji Vol.4

*6. 167,531 *,167,905 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.2
41. *22,779 *,233,330 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.1

World Trigger continues to increase pretty steeply each volume, wonder if it will get ~200K before falling off the top 50 chart this time. It should be nearing 2mln total sold.

Seraph ought to reach >200K too, which will help propel it to more than its already achieved 2mln. Cant wait for it to reach BLue Exorcist levels after the anime.

Also about Assassination Classroom it seems it didn't get a boost yet, but maybe after a few more episodes from the anime it will likely get a boost.

Expecting it so soon would be odd, I think there were only two days left in this period after episode one aired?

dani_dc

Liar Game 200

That was an unexpectedly anticlimactic end.

This last game was really an disappointment all around.

With only one more chapter to go I can't help but feel we're going to get everything tied up in a quick and messy way.

The nightmare known as Judos is ending this week:

Jump #8
Gintama (Cover/Lead CP)
Boku no Hero Academia
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Saiki Kusuo no PSInan
One Piece
Nisekoi (Center color)
Haikyuu!!
Gakkyuu Houtei
Bokura wa Zatsu ni wa Manabanai (Oneshot/Center Color)
Shokugeki no Soma
Hinomaru Zumou
Toriko
Takujou no Ageha
World Trigger
Isobe
E-ROBOT
Dada(Oneshot)
Kochikame
Sporting Salt
Hi-Fi Cluster
Judos (End)

Zweizer

Banned
7 Seeds v21-23

As expected, Hana was still alive. I must admit I wasn't expecting the brief change in mood/style when depicting her solitary life, though the ensuing reunion is pretty nice, and more world building is always welcome. Really liked the mention on how awaken organisms of the past can disturb the present ecosystem.

I cried. Poor Aramaki.

Lain

The Breaker: New Waves 187

Elder Kwon was amazing especially given the state he's in. Shioon taking too much to intervene but there's some hope he's gonna bust out something good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom