• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
Well I'm pretty satisfied. Found what seems to be an awesome place to live next year and I got finally found some MMM side zips in my size.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Alright guys I need some help with jeans. The problem I've been having is I am getting more straight leg jeans now and I'll buy a pair and the waist and lower leg will fit perfect, but the thigh will be too tight. It's almost uncomfortable when sitting and just feels awkward. Are they supposed to be like this?

Take the new ones I got in the mail today. As you can see in the pics below when standing they work fine, but when sitting the fabric gets very tight, it's almost like spandex. Should I just be buying from somewhere else? Or am I just not used to straight leg jeans?

IMG_20120531_194806.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
Alright guys I need some help with jeans. The problem I've been having is I am getting more straight leg jeans now and I'll buy a pair and the waist and lower leg will fit perfect, but the thigh will be too tight. It's almost uncomfortable when sitting and just feels awkward. Are they supposed to be like this?

Take the new ones I got in the mail today. As you can see in the pics below when standing they work fine, but when sitting the fabric gets very tight, it's almost like spandex. Should I just be buying from somewhere else? Or am I just not used to straight leg jeans?

Are they uncomfortable in a way that's painful or just feel weird since you're not used to it? Either way, yes, my jeans get a bit 'tighter' when I sit down, but I like it.

jeans look fine to me, they might be a bit clinchy at first but they should stretch out a bit over time. they definitely don't LOOK tight

What does FashionGAF think of these shoes?

http://www.buyskateshoes.com/catalog/detail/VN0NJNLN1

They look pretty casual and would go with anything. Yay or nay?

look good to me. i dig the two tone grey (go back a few pages for my love letter to grey :p)

edit: would look especially nice with brown/olive chinos and such.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Are they uncomfortable in a way that's painful or just feel weird since you're not used to it? Either way, yes, my jeans get a bit 'tighter' when I sit down, but I like it.

Not painful, but uncomfortable. Also the ass drops down a good bit.

It's just that sitting in an office chair at work or something makes them tight like the third pic, you can barely pull up any fabric.

jeans look fine tight around the thigh, it's just part of the of the fabric. it won't drape like wool/etc. if the waist is droopy but the thighs weirdly tight, maybe the cut just doesn't work for you. i dunno.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
jeans look fine tight around the thigh, it's just part of the of the fabric. it won't drape like wool/etc. if the waist is droopy but the thighs weirdly tight, maybe the cut just doesn't work for you. i dunno.

Yeah, just not sure if I should take them back or not I guess. I find myself having to stand up at work and loosen them out a bit by pulling down the leg. Hmm.

It's time...

AfQEP.jpg

I must say Westbrook has outdone himself this time. It's like he ran out of insane graphic shirts so he just sewed a bunch of crap onto one shirt.

Nice fit. I'm not crazy about the length of the shorts, but I know that's what's in now. Looks nice and put together though.

Also, excited to see the baseball jacket when you get it.

Well shorts have been that way for a few years to be fair. I like it myself, longer ones just seem odd to me now.

They look too big for you. Im starting to believe you got a thing for baggy clothes :p

Judging by those photos, I wouldve almost believed you just bought them at your regular small-town local supermarket at a discount.

Anyway, I'd suggest you take a look at Carlings, Levis, Diesel, H&M - etc. etc. - for some stretchy/slim fit jeans to show of your legs. You wont get that spandex feel, since most of their jeans come with elasticity fabric.

Actually I think you may have some great legs to show off there, but they're hiding in those terrible jeans.

You should explore the variety of jeans, and you might get surprised by how many choices you actually got.

I'm heading to Japan next week and would like to check out some retailers. Any recommendations? Google is all over the place with this one. Thanks.

-If you go to Tokyo, take a stop by "Chicago store"/"Chicago". Its a second hand vintage store hidden in Harajuku, borderline to Omotesando.

-Ginza is pretty high class. If youre a high roller and you have the dough, you ought to check out that territory.

I have tried some other places, but the names escape me.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Going to get some new work/casual clothes in Des Moines tomorrow. This is really the first time I'll be looking based on tips from you guys. Going to see if I can find some non cargo shorts that look good on me, and figure out what type of shirts I'm supposed to wear with them.

Also getting work clothes, some more slim fitting pants/button ups/polos.

Most the stuff I have now (for work at least) I bought in January, since then I've lost about 20 lbs and gone from a 39 pants to 33. Needless to say my work pants look like MC Hammer pants.

giga

You'll get used it and they'll stretch a bit after some use. When I switched to straight legs I had the same problem where the waist and legs were just about right but my thighs and crotch felt abnormally tight. That was regular Levis 514. (which are slim straight actually, but yeah)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Moving to California, selling my gear.

Including a rare, beautiful pair of Alden shell cordovan wingtip boots on a barrie last in #8 color. Size 8.5D. Worn about a dozen times.

I will include pictures soon - but PM me if you're interested! Make me an offer!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You'll get used it and they'll stretch a bit after some use. When I switched to straight legs I had the same problem where the waist and legs were just about right but my thighs and crotch felt abnormally tight. That was regular Levis 514. (which are slim straight actually, but yeah)

Well, I think it might be part what you mentioned and part fit. They are American Eagle jeans, and I like the quality, but just sitting here at work with them on is uncomfortable. I may take them back this weekend since I'll be at the mall, and check into some at other stores.

Another issue I found (not fit related) is that my slightly baggier polo now looks bad since my jeans are tighter. :p

Finally got a decent paycheck last night, probably going to blow it all on updating my wardrobe, which is long overdue. Will post pictures of my pickups whenever I get them.

Random but Biebers outfit here looks great. How did he get his shirt to fold like that on his forearm.

justin-bieber-2011-mtv-emas-red-carpet.jpg
It's the sweater that allows his cuffs to fold like that. I don't like the look, but it's easy to emulate. Just roll up the sleeves of your sweater so that they're right about your shirt cuffs and fold them back.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Can I ask what are some good stores to shop at? I went to the mall the other day and really wanted to plop down some cash on some good clothing. But the prices(Which is fine, I know it was going to cost a lot) are quite high and I just got overwhelmed. I ask the people there, but I got a bit too much of the upsale going. So I ended up walking out.

I went to Buckle, Forever 21(Cheaper), Gap, Eddy Baurer?, and Express. I just want some standard casual clothing. Like some nice jeans, shirts, etc. I liked what I saw at express a lot with the slim fitting shirts and slim jeans.

Just need some help on those stores of it there are any more national chains

To add a bit more into it.
What I want is one of those nice vests to wear over a shirt. Another pair of jeans or two. 2-3 nicer dress shirts. Pair of shorts(I did find something I really liked at the Gap). Just standard guys clothing that makes you look like. And sorry about sounding kind of airhead over it. Not particularly great at fashion

if you want nice and well fitting stuff that isn't too crazy $$ wise express is probably the best option, or j crew. Banana Republic/GAP/Eddie Bauer all fit like poop IMO. express does 'dressy' clothes pretty well, j crew is pretty much american casual.

by nice vest you mean like a suit vest kind of thing? eh, I don't really like that kind of look, and IMO you're better served with a blazer in these instances. again, express ain't too shabby. IIRC beezelebro (sorry dude I can't remember how to spell it :p) posted a nice looking light grey suit.

Beibs looks fine but I dunno why he's wearing astronaut robot sneakers with that, lanvin lows would look better, and we all know he has the money for them.

I see it now. I don't know why but it always looks weird to me when peeps don't roll up their sleeves a certain way. And macuser,Alucrid one day we need to get together for a sufu/sf-esque group picture and have everyone admire our swag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom