• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

3bdelilah

Banned
So I've been playing MK8 for the last couple of games and it's glorious, old-fashioned fun with the four of us. And damn, it looks amazing, especially in singleplayer! Any how, everything is love and praise, but I have one little gripe: the roster is shit (in terms of variety). I mean just look at this shit. Metal Mario and Golden Peach?? Five (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) baby versions of characters who are already in?? ALL of the seven Bowser minions??? Don't get me wrong, they can get in if they want to, but not when there are just 29 spots (excluding DLC) with almost the half filled with unnecesary and unvaried crap. No Diddy, no Bowser Jr., and no Boo. Those were the three I kinda expected/hoped to be there. I went on a MK8 media blackout for a pretty long time, so I'm surprised especially those three didn't make the cut.

So that's my only gripe. The rest is amazing and without a doubt the best Mario Kart since 64. Most likely even better if my nostalgia permits it.

Roo

So I've been playing MK8 for the last couple of games and it's glorious, old-fashioned fun with the four of us. And damn, it looks amazing, especially in singleplayer! Any how, everything is love and praise, but I have one little gripe: the roster is shit (in terms of variety). I mean just look at this shit. Metal Mario and Golden Peach?? Five (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) baby versions of characters who are already in?? ALL of the seven Bowser minions??? Don't get me wrong, they can get in if they want to, but not when there are just 29 spots (excluding DLC) with almost the half filled with unnecesary and unvaried crap. No Diddy, no Bowser Jr., and no Boo. Those were the three I kinda expected/hoped to be there. I went on a MK8 media blackout for a pretty long time, so I'm surprised especially those three didn't make the cut.

So that's my only gripe. The rest is amazing and without a doubt the best Mario Kart since 64. Most likely even better if my nostalgia permits it.

Yeah, the roster is probably one of the biggest disappointments this game has and the DLC characters are certainly not helping its case at all. More Mario and Peach clones was the last thing it needed. At this point is just a slap in the face for those who wanted to see Birdo, Diddy, King Boo, etc in the game.

To be honest, I'm surprised they picked Dry Bowser over the other missing Mario Kart Wii veterans. All in all I'm glad he's returning. He was one of my main in MKW.
Nintendo fucked up big time with this game's roster but alas.

Roo

Roo. Are you going to create a mario kart dlc 1 OT by the time it release?

I've been thinking about it but I need to ask a mod first.
I'm not even sure if DLC OT's are a thing lol
My first thought was moving this thread to the main gaming side but I feel like that ship has sailed.

Right now all my attention is in my Captain Toad OT but I can work on the Mario Kart one once Nintendo releases some new info.

Hey, just popping in to ask if the November date for the 1st DLC pack has been confirmed yet?
No it has not been confirmed yet.

So far this is the only confirmed stuff
- Wario's Gold Mine and Zelda, F-Zero and Excitebike inspired tracks.
- Link, Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach
- Blue Falcon and B Dasher Karts

Is there a thread where we can discuss troubleshooting stuff regarding the online?

A week ago, I changed my router and out of the blue I get all the times, a "communication error has occured" message, even when in spectator mode, without providing me a certain type of error, so as to look it up.

I have tried the solution provided in this link but to no avail..
http://www.crashwiki.com/quick-guide-fix-mario-kart-8-connection-errors/
http://www.crashwiki.com/manually-set-online-wii-u-connection-ign-wiki/

Any ideas?
I ll try to redownload MonHun to check if i have the same problems..

I obtained a Wii U today so I do plan on joining GAF lobbies too. I want to get to the point where I'm not driving like a drunk first, though.

I think I'm almost there but there's this one turn on the new desert course that gives me hell.

Roo

Is there a thread where we can discuss troubleshooting stuff regarding the online?

A week ago, I changed my router and out of the blue I get all the times, a "communication error has occured" message, even when in spectator mode, without providing me a certain type of error, so as to look it up.

Any ideas?

To be honest, the online always has been a problem for this game.
At first it was a glitch where leaving a room without voting for a course would lead to a general error for everyone in said room.
They "apparently" fixed it in a minor update weeks later but then other comm errors started to be more common and you couldn't even espectate full rooms anymore.
The Mercedes DLC promised more "online stability" but it was just BS.

There's really not much you can do to fix it. The DMZ bit is probably the best temporal solution you can find but even that it's not enough.

NNID: PreyingShark

I plan to do long online sessions on Friday and Saturday from 2-ish PM to 8:30-ish PM Central. I plan to primarily do WWs to start grinding up my rating, but I'm up for some GAF rooms if we get enough peeps. If anyone wants to join in just add me, yeah?

Any ideas?
If what you're trying to say is that the game worked fine with an older router but you got a new one and now it doesn't work that well, the logical conclusion is that your new router is a potato and you should consider exchanging it.

The alternative is to get an ethernet adapter for your Wii U and just use an ethernet cable.

Bombless

Lo KartGAF. NNID Bombless. Bought a WiiU MK pack saturday, I'm still unlocking stuff in single player. Will try to hop into some multiplayer soon!

Exentryk

The Master Cycle better be inside drift.

YJ6Q9qZ.png

Goddammit

Anyways, so far I'm liking Mario Kart 8. At first it felt sluggish, but then I tried it on my PC monitor, an ASUS VS239H-P, and it felt just as responsive as MK7, if not more-so, so it was probably just my bro's TV being a bit laggy.

The character balance does suck, but Bowser is my waifu so I can work with it. The courses are pretty rad, too. This is probably my favorite Rainbow Road, actually, because it's not too long nor too short and has some fun turns. The vehicles are also pretty cool, and the upcoming DLC vehicles look excellent so far. I also find firehopping and demonsliding to be pretty fun, though I currently suck a bit at them. The AI's pretty decent, too.

The item balancing can suck my dick tho

Enforced

Goddammit

Anyways, so far I'm liking Mario Kart 8. At first it felt sluggish, but then I tried it on my PC monitor, an ASUS VS239H-P, and it felt just as responsive as MK7, if not more-so, so it was probably just my bro's TV being a bit laggy.

The character balance does suck, but Bowser is my waifu so I can work with it. The courses are pretty rad, too. This is probably my favorite Rainbow Road, actually, because it's not too long nor too short and has some fun turns. The vehicles are also pretty cool, and the upcoming DLC vehicles look excellent so far. I also find firehopping and demonsliding to be pretty fun, though I currently suck a bit at them. The AI's pretty decent, too.

The item balancing can suck my dick tho
you're going to hate it more when you going to play with us. :p

Azuran

Banned
Sometimes I really want to bring my Wii U with me to campus to play this. Stupid classes getting in the way of me and this game. By the time I get home at night, I'm too tired to play games :/

Roo

What? Nooo!

Two new downloadable add-on content packs will take the world of Mario Kart 8 for Wii U in directions the series has never seen before, while significantly expanding gameplay options. The packs, available by the end of November 2014 and end of May 2015 respectively, are available for pre-purchase now at £7.00 each (or £11.00 for both), and deliver an array of new content, including first-time crossover characters like Link from The Legend of Zelda series and both Isabelle and the Villager from the Animal Crossing series.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2014...ourses-plus-new-drivers-and-karts-913937.html

iwuKoDfhTHuTe.gif

Do you honestly see them releasing it before Smash or.. alongside? ok :V
I think the end of November is the most likely timeframe due to what little information we have right now, a month away from the middle of November.

All I'm saying is that what you posted doesn't really tell us anything that we don't already know. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom