• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart DS - Official Thread

ss01a.jpg
ss02a.jpg

ss01b.jpg
ss02b.jpg

ss03a.jpg
ss04a.jpg

ss03b.jpg
ss04b.jpg

ss05a.jpg
ss06a.jpg

ss05b.jpg
ss06b.jpg

if the footage is any indication, this is gonna look reeeally nice on the small screen and in motion.

Nice new pics, looking pretty good. Wonder what the handling is like, the movie hasn't downloaded yet. Seems the Nintendo site is getting hit pretty hard.

Love Mario's car though. :D

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
This game looks like to be a throwback to the original SNES/GBA series instead of the newer N64/GCN versions. I am in total agreement and am looking foward to this game.

I was initially worried it would be a remake of the GCN title given the initial screenshots but atleast it looks like it would have remakes of other tracks and possibly even new ones?

PkunkFury

Looks like you can select enemies to target on the touch screen. A new shell that heat seeks anyone you choose perhaps???

Also, notice it displays which item each character is holding next to their name. This definitely spells the return of the ghost item, choose whom you'd like to steal from even!

hirokazu

SonicMegaDrive said:
ss05a.jpg

Reminds me of the SNES Mario Kart. For that I am pleased :D

as smone pointed out, i think it IS a SNES Mario Kart track! i remember that track layout.

scola said:
It appears to be. And the top looks like Luigi Circuit from MK64

Luigi's Circuit was just an oval though, wasn't it? or am i not remembering right?

also, what's with the different map screens? how do you select between the two? using a stylus to select a target for items doesn't make for a very good control scheme while racing, so i don't think that's what they were planning...

Memles

Seems like it's Mario Kart 64 tracks, maybe some SMK tracks, maybe some MK:SC tracks, some new tracks, and it seems like their might even be some secret karts, since Mario seems to be in two different karts in those pictures...

And wait, the initial pictures had Yoshi Circuit from MKDD...this is insane.

Top Bottom