• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Power Tennis™ US Boxart

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
mpt_ba.jpg

Check out Diddy :lol

If this is old... too bad. I checked :p

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I think the cover does it's job and it's not too bad. But damn, the "Power" looks cheap and the characters look badly implemented into the scene. Diddy doing his Rocketeer impression is GOLD.

rocktr_3.jpg

snapty00

Banned
They need to stop with the Super Mario Sunshine references in other games and try to bury that game as quickly as possible. I get heartburn anytime I even see an allusion to that crap.

Is anyone looking at the boxart thinking that the artist had the intention of Mario about to make that shot, rather than the ball sailing past him? But take a look at the position of the net. Hmmz...

<_<

>_>

<_<

Nevermind.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Jacobi said:
I'd like a Diddy-game like this...Pilotwings Kong or something like this
Please, don't say that. I can hear the marketing brains at NCL think "Monkeys! Bananas! Airplanes!..... BRILLIANT!!!" If word got back that someone actually wanted Pilotkongs, they do it... so don't give them any ideas.

Is anyone looking at the boxart thinking that the artist had the intention of Mario about to make that shot, rather than the ball sailing past him? But take a look at the position of the net. Hmmz...
I think it was meant to look as if he missed the ball. If he was suppose to be hitting it, he'd have a "IMABADASS" look on his face. Instead, he has more of a, "AHHCRAP" look.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
tracky_dacks said:
Is anyone looking at the boxart thinking that the artist had the intention of Mario about to make that shot, rather than the ball sailing past him? But take a look at the position of the net. Hmmz..
I think Mario and Bowser are playing a doubles game with Yoshi and Diddy. Yoshi has just jumped up and smashed the ball and Mario has missed it. Bowser is about to give Mario a spanking for missing the ball.

Top Bottom