• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
DAMN DEADPOOL IS FUN!!!

yeah, IMHO he is the one character I've played so far (level 60 last week) where he plays more like a console video game than a PC and/or ARPG game. And I mean that in a good way. I didn't have a huge moveset on him and it was largely unchanged for most of his levels (except mainly for lunge and teleport), and as a result I think his fluidity and responsiveness is so high and fast that it just feels like a solid console game.

which is kindda funny that the game actually can play like a totally different genre depending on the character you take.

Gothos

I cannot settle on a 6th 20pointer for Colossus. Basically I need another dps spell and I cant settle on one. Roar and Titanic Slam are non negotiable as I love both, then its 2 on wolvie and magik (eventually, I dont have her yet, but I like to plan my specs in advance), with 20 in bulwark of steel as I like to be at least semi-tanky leaving 20 for...something.

I was sure it would be Steel Cyclone but the range on it is crap, the hit detection seems wonky and it drains too much spirit for the little damage it does. Colossal Punch does a lot of damage but its a punch, so its boring as shit and my stand on flashiness over effectiveness is well documented by now (lol) which leave Siberian Express, which I tried from gear and it was...ok? Granted I havent tried it with all the points in, but like the Cyclone, it drains spirit and you move around which kinda annoys me. Also it looks silly, and not good silly.

I could just go full tank with pets and wack 20 in the tank aura, but I keep forgetting to activate it (seriously those auras should stay on all the time until you either switched to another or switched it off), and I would have no spirit spender then with slam having a 3 sec cooldown and roar a 25sec cd.

Ill probably settle on colossal punch in the end so I have something for single target I guess, and roar/slam for aoe, makes me sad tho :(

edit: FUCK you cant unbind medallions? wanted the 30% ally duration sinister one I have on SG, its the highest % ive seen :(

edit: you know, i COULD wack 20 points in the charge, I hate to put more than 1 point in movement spells, but its my favorite charge in the game (i love the sound) and it does silly damage with just 1 point so I imagine with 20. Would be weird to use for single target tho (awesome for aoe packs) tho

They nered titanic slam into the ground. Stomp is better imho (very nice dmg + 10% more dmg. debuff).

KePoW

Banned
Wow anyone get a unique called "Death Seed" ?

Just found one, it's a weapon slot item for Any Hero. Mine's not even level 60, and it already gives like 220 crit, *750* brutal (rating! not dmg), like 4000 health regen, +1 to all skills, some other stuff.

Seems pretty strong

Lord Phol

Hey all you top-level beasties.

Turns out the Cosmic chests decided to only drop loot as if they were normal Ornate chests (treasure rooms). This is wrong, and they should be dropping much, much better loot!

I've got a fix coming through today that should make its way out to you very soon.

Thanks for the feedback, and keep it coming.

Well that explains alot.

Moondrop

Banned
I've been enjoying Squirrel Girl a lot, but I'm only in the mid 40s. She cruises through everything with point in just two powers (Squirrel Friend and Special Forces).

But I believe y'all that the scaling changes at 60, so perhaps I'll just stop at 50 for the synergy.

KePoW

Banned
I've been enjoying Squirrel Girl a lot, but I'm only in the mid 40s. She cruises through everything with point in just two powers (Squirrel Friend and Special Forces).

But I believe y'all that the scaling changes at 60, so perhaps I'll just stop at 50 for the synergy.

I think most of us are saying that SG is just boring. Not that she's ineffective.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think most of us are saying that SG is just boring. Not that she's ineffective.

i think its both :p

man colossal punch might be boring but it does sick damage, and I dont even have any damage passives

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
why do i have the feeling they somehow purposely bug certain thins for certain events,

funny how its 200% buff weekend and all of a sudden the free chests are bugged (when they wernt even tweaking this so god knows how it god bugged).

and second all off a brand new terminal with bounty quests, that is meant to give you a special chest is bugged and gives a shitter chest instead, id like to know did they not test this chest before it went live ? or is it just a bullshit excuse because of event going this weekend.

theres some things they do that i do consider not to just be a mistake and is somehow bugged on purpose.

just like how ghost rider was released and was pretty dam strong then after the inital sales settle down they have started nerfing things nor fixing certain skills.

they acknowledged on the stream other day that nightcrawler is really strong and ryan mentioned maybe to strong, but ill expect same thing to happen release him like he his then when sales drop start nerfing skills.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why do i have the feeling they somehow purposely bug certain thins for certain events,

funny how its 200% buff weekend and all of a sudden the free chests are bugged (when they wernt even tweaking this so god knows how it god bugged).

and second all off a brand new terminal with bounty quests, that is meant to give you a special chest is bugged and gives a shitter chest instead, id like to know did they not test this chest before it went live ? or is it just a bullshit excuse because of event going this weekend.

theres some things they do that i do consider not to just be a mistake and is somehow bugged on purpose.

just like how ghost rider was released and was pretty dam strong then after the inital sales settle down they have started nerfing things nor fixing certain skills.

they acknowledged on the stream other day that nightcrawler is really strong and ryan mentioned maybe to strong, but ill expect same thing to happen release him like he his then when sales drop start nerfing skills.

you mean like death knights or monks were completely OP in WOW when they were released? it happens in every game, you only know if something is overpowered in actual live games, not in test servers. but hey, conspiracies are fun

speaking of conspiracies, just got my first uru forged, almost missed it too, looked like a white (but it has the light pilar thing), I assume it would show off screen like a unique? anyway its 200 ranged damage, for lvl 50. not bad for a extra thing I guess

edit: loving 1 size increase (from gem of citorak, ill replace with the advanced at 55) on Colossus, more than that would ruin it I think. 2 for Hulk I think, maybe for Thing, more than that and it looks non-canon which annoys me

Lord Phol

What you're crazy, Ghost Rider is as strong as ever. He even got buffed this patch.
He's probably the most balanced hero they've released yet, that said he still could use some fixing here and there.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Wow anyone get a unique called "Death Seed" ?

Just found one, it's a weapon slot item for Any Hero. Mine's not even level 60, and it already gives like 220 crit, *750* brutal (rating! not dmg), like 4000 health regen, +1 to all skills, some other stuff.

Seems pretty strong

I've got a level 60 Death Seed on Thor, it's pretty beastly. Too beastly for Thor perhaps, I rarely use him because Storm Strike is so goddamn buggy and he's oddly squishy.

Speaking of beastly any hero uniques, got Dragonfang today. Not yet decided who to put it on, maybe Cap as his own slot 1 uniques aren't super great. Here's a screenshot with all the any hero uniques: http://i.imgur.com/SyXrGa8.jpg

Also got one Uru piece today, +200 energy damage. Put it on Iron Man, in hindsight would've been slightly better on Storm because all of her stuff is energy, but most of IM's heavy hitters are too so no big.

Pretty good weekend though, played a lot and got many uniques and cosmics. So much so that I finally buckled and bought my fifth stash tab. Cosmic Pyro was raining cosmics and I just had to start donating them because I was out of space. Wanna hold on to them for Starktech.

Rhaknar

I'm so looking forward to Strange. I hope they made it balls to the wall awesome.

I also hope his other outfit is a bit better :p
speaking of costumes ive been wanting to ask this for awhile, do deluxe advance pack owners get the extra costumes as soon as the characters are out? for example, will we get a second costume for nightcrawler this thursday ^(his classic one I assume)?

A long time between posts for me.

Jumped back in on the weekend to try out the Hawkeye changes. Plays so much better now since I'd last been on. Went up another couple levels.

This game is crack. If I had a decent PC, I think I'd live in Marvel Heroes.

Feel like I'm missing out on so much each time I pop in, seeing all the changes and additions and extras that weren't there before. One day though, I'll jump back in when we get a new rig here.

It's such a great game though, they're doing a fantastic job with the quality and fan service.

And Moon Knight?! Damn. That'll be amazing.

inky

speaking of costumes ive been wanting to ask this for awhile, do deluxe advance pack owners get the extra costumes as soon as the characters are out? for example, will we get a second costume for nightcrawler this thursday ^(his classic one I assume)?

My understanding is that heroes will now launch with a basic costume AND an alternative costume (just like Loki, GR or Gambit did last year) and AP buyers will get both of those at release (just like if they'd bought the individual packs each month).

Then they'll keep adding stuff like usual on the store.

KePoW

Banned

This happens in every online game. League of Legends did this all the time.

inky

It's normal to let new releases be a little more powerful at release. I don't think it's so much a: "it will make more moneys if it is OP at launch!" mentality, but more like they'd err on the side of the new addition leaving a good impression. It's actually kind of a protection for buyers so the new shit they got isn't immediately disappointing.

I'm OK with that, especially in games like these, that get tuned all the time. It is more of a problem in a competitive game such as LoL where FOTM rules the drafts.

Gothos

Same shit happens with some of the new 52 heroes. Look at Spidey - beast after rework and since then nerfed more and more. I barely play him now. The dodge nerf hit him so bad, he's got bugged powers now, Spidey Pummel sucks donkey ass and was nerfed like 3 times already. When I see shit like this I'm so happy I only spent like 15$ on this game.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Spider-Man after his level 52, before the DPS overhaul, was SO ridiculous. Breezed through the entire game, stick around would one or two shot anything that's not a boss. But Spidey is far from the only one, most melee heroes got hit pretty hard. I have to imagine they'll address it soon, the disparity between melee and ranged is HUGE right now.

Gothos

I'm levelling Colossus currently - he plays so nice right now. New Pyro is amazing to power level. Got like 2.5 leveles in the last 40mins (52 to 55) :) Off to sleep now, hopefuly I'll still catch the XP/SIF/RIF bonus tomorrow. When does it end, exactly, anyone knows?

Rhaknar

I'm levelling Colossus currently - he plays so nice right now. New Pyro is amazing to power level. Got like 2.5 leveles in the last 40mins (52 to 55) :) Off to sleep now, hopefuly I'll still catch the XP/SIF/RIF bonus tomorrow. When does it end, exactly, anyone knows?

Hoping it's up all day so I can get my own Colossus near 60 (he's 49) so I can soon focus either on crawler, Spider-Man or go back to Hawkeye

Blank!

I've got a level 60 Death Seed on Thor, it's pretty beastly. Too beastly for Thor perhaps, I rarely use him because Storm Strike is so goddamn buggy and he's oddly squishy.

Speaking of beastly any hero uniques, got Dragonfang today. Not yet decided who to put it on, maybe Cap as his own slot 1 uniques aren't super great. Here's a screenshot with all the any hero uniques: http://i.imgur.com/SyXrGa8.jpg

Also got one Uru piece today, +200 energy damage. Put it on Iron Man, in hindsight would've been slightly better on Storm because all of her stuff is energy, but most of IM's heavy hitters are too so no big.

Pretty good weekend though, played a lot and got many uniques and cosmics. So much so that I finally buckled and bought my fifth stash tab. Cosmic Pyro was raining cosmics and I just had to start donating them because I was out of space. Wanna hold on to them for Starktech.

I've got a pair of Dragonfangs. One is on Thing (since his unique is pretty meh) not sure what I'll do with the other. I was leaning toward Hawkeye. Will have a better idea when the attribute rework is done.

Xevren

Pretty happy with Hawkeye overall at this point. Been gearing him up as well as I can and he can take down bosses the fastest just because of his signature.

SirKhalid

Pretty happy with Hawkeye overall at this point. Been gearing him up as well as I can and he can take down bosses the fastest just because of his signature.

I like him as well, it's pretty sweet how quickly he can take down some bosses with Explosive Arrow.

Tonight, while playing I got 2 uniques for Ms. Marvel and I don't event have her yet. I can't wait for NC release. I will have enough for 4 random boxes!

I like him as well, it's pretty sweet how quickly he can take down some bosses with Explosive Arrow.

Tonight, while playing I got 2 uniques for Ms. Marvel and I don't event have her yet. I can't wait for NC release. I will have enough for 4 random boxes!

I was glad I sunk some points into Explosive Arrow as that seems to be really great now.

Rhaknar

So I need to respec into explosive arrow when I get back to Hawkeye then you guys say? Didn't like it with just 1 point when I tried it early on from gear, guess it's better with more points (I'm only 31 on Clint)

Rhaknar

I max out Explosive arrow, it's my main spirit spender.

From my experience up to lvl 31, I'm seriously considering using all spirit artifacts and using maxed pym arrows as filler sacrificing a ton of dps just so the character feels better, overkill? It was just ridiculous how fast I ran out of spirit compared to other heroes :(

Xevren

I'm just glad I don't have to level him again. I do like him, but good god he's slow. With a ziggurat that problem is solved so that's out of the way. I still run into spirit problems at times but things die so quick that it's not too terrible, longer fights I'll equip a Maht's to help out.

From my experience up to lvl 31, I'm seriously considering using all spirit artifacts and using maxed pym arrows as filler sacrificing a ton of dps just so the character feels better, overkill? It was just ridiculous how fast I ran out if spirit compared to other heroes :(

The twin pym and triple arrow basics are both worth maxing out depending on what you're trying to do with your build. And once you have access to World's Greatest Archer, triple arrow becomes amazing for a basic attack.

Ploid 3.0

I'm 53 with hawkeye and don't have much of a spirit problem. I don't hold down explosive arrow and use tear gas arrow with the shrieking arrow with it, but while holding down Pym I do everything in the middle. I don't usually need many explosive arrows to clear trash and for bosses I do a few explosive but the main thing I do is his flash bang (damage buff next ability) then drop the claymore turret signature thing. I don't think I ever used his ultimate. Never needed it.

Rhaknar

The twin pym and triple arrow basics are both worth maxing out depending on what you're trying to do with your build. And once you have access to World's Greatest Archer, triple arrow becomes amazing for a basic attack.

I haven't played in a few days since getting into Colossus, but as far as I remember all I care about is gas and turret arrows. I love both of those. I think I was using rocket but half the time I forgot to use it >_> So you say throw in max explosive, max pym, max triple and max piercing passive and we have a spec?

Edit: pretty sure I don't even have access to either triple arrow or the piercing talent at 31, not that it matters

I haven't played in a few days since getting into Colossus, but as far as I remember all I care about is gas and turret arrows. I love both of those. I think I was using rocket but half the time I forgot to use it >_> So you say throw in max explosive, max pym, max triple and max piercing passive and we have a spec?

Edit: pretty sure I don't even have access to either triple arrow or the piercing talent at 31, not that it matters

Just max one of the basics. Pym's if you want the spirit regen for more explosive arrows, or triple arrow if you want to have a strong basic that makes you less reliant on spirit dumping. Definitely max explosive arrow though. As for the piercing talent, I believe you get it at 32 so you're basically there. It does wonders for his arrow attacks.

Rhaknar

Just max one of the basics. Pym's if you want the spirit regen for more explosive arrows, or triple arrow if you want to have a strong basic that makes you less reliant on spirit dumping. Definitely max explosive arrow though. As for the piercing talent, I believe you get it at 32 so you're basically there. It does wonders for his arrow attacks.

Cool :)

On another note, can we talk about how crazy it is that the developers talk about some characters basically coming or being worked on without actually confirming / announcing them? I've never seen that in any game. They have basically said that rogue, blade and mr.fantastic are coming (but didn't announce them). Apparently they are working on Beast and X-23 in "their off time" as they say, even saying they will be 200 splinters, and yet they are not actually announced. Hell there was that picture of Domino's inventory screen and even SHE isn't official (lol?).

Wallach

RIF/SIF doesn't even affect chests, so these are just unfortunately timed bugs.

inky

Cosmic chests are still bugged, right? I did cosmic terminals yesterday, and I killed 250+ mobs in one instance for a double chest reward and got 1 blue and 1 green from each... again.

That was a waste of time.

borghe

Cosmic chests are still bugged, right? I did cosmic terminals yesterday, and I killed 250+ mobs in one instance for a double chest reward and got 1 blue and 1 green from each... again.

That was a waste of time.

sadly yes. fix will be this week's patch. someone even said they are still bugged on TC (which most assume is still last week's patch just with NC turned back on)

so you are able to pop multiple cosmic bounties per terminal? I noticed this on Fisk where I dinged the first bounty, and then while playing it dinged a second bounty and ya, two chests. Is this EVERY terminal?

KePoW

Banned
Just curious... how would players tell if they're bugged or not anyway?

I mean it's not like they're guaranteed to give you a unique or cosmic item right? So even if you get several straight chests of blues/purples, players can't tell.

borghe

Just curious... how would players tell if they're bugged or not anyway?

I mean it's not like they're guaranteed to give you a unique or cosmic item right? So even if you get several straight chests of blues/purples, players can't tell.

devs posted a screenshot. long story short, it looks like you WILL be able to tell a difference... i.e. major loot/xp pinata compared to normal chests. screenshot the dev posted was like a cosmic, 2-3 purples, (possibly blues also?) and around 1-2 dozen experience orbs. possibly even more.

edit -

1IUbED4.jpg

inky

Because these ones in particular give out especially bad loot (usually 1 green + 1 blue) and they promised cosmic chests would give out better than average rewards, which means at least a couple of epics.

It's pretty easy to tell. It's like if the bosses were giving out only greens, when cosmic terminals bosses usually give out plenty of epics.

KePoW

Banned
Ok if it's supposed to be like the picture borghe posted, then that's a difference.

I didn't know if people were expecting a unique or cosmic every time, which I don't believe should be the case. I've just heard too many people complain about loot in ARPGs, whereas I just chalk it up to RNG and don't think it's a big deal.

I fought many bosses and supervillains in a row in MH where I just got blues every time. Doesn't bother me (if it was only greens, that's a different story).

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
We really like this holiday stuff. Next up: The Lunar New Year.

Lunar New Year. So that means extra goodies from Mandarin, right?

Yes it does along with daily red envelopes.

awesome more daily rewards this weekend then

inky

I didn't know if people were expecting a unique or cosmic every time, which I don't believe should be the case. I've just heard too many people complain about loot in ARPGs, whereas I just chalk it up to RNG and don't think it's a big deal.

I don't think anyone was expecting that. The reality is, clearing the terminals takes considerably more time and there's also the difficulty spike, and they promised it would be worthwhile, which with the bug it obviously isn't.

There's RNG and there's proper rewards vs. time investment.

Rhaknar

I would just like to say that Mighty Fists of Juggernaut unique for Colossus is fucking ridiculous (will probably get nerfed) and I love it

that is all

borghe

yes, as I understand it

guaranteed cosmic = no
clear and obvious loot quantity/quality upgrade over ornamental chest = yes

Top Bottom