• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Tendo

Gonna be itching at work to come home and play. Gonna start by messing around with Iron Man and Cap, two characters I didn't get to try out during beta. I'm liking Rocket Raccoon now that I see he is based around dodging fire and absorbing shots rather than rapid DPS.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Those with early access better give us the skinny on final pricing if they don't put it out there themselves.

Talamius

After hitting 17 in my short time in closed beta, I can tell you that Cyclops + Ricochet Shot + defense penetration gear is insane. I'm surprised that ability is considered basic. Maybe it's not as useful later on in the game, but it tears mobs to pieces early on.

Ditto. Still deciding what pack to buy.

Wait til the UP buyers show us what each character costs. There was a big 3.4gb patch this morning on the steam client so I'm sure there's been quite a few changes too. (I ended up picking up the Xforce pack, though I'll be maining Ms Marvel). Forums should be coming up soon too

inky

After hitting 17 in my short time in closed beta, I can tell you that Cyclops + Ricochet Shot + defense penetration gear is insane. I'm surprised that ability is considered basic. Maybe it's not as useful later on in the game, but it tears mobs to pieces early on.

Depends on when you played. I had Cyclops pegged as god tier a few patches back too, but lately everyone was hit really hard with the nerf stick. Thor with Lighting Strike was the same, but I'm hearing it's shit now =(

ElRenoRaven

Ah another MMO launch starts without a hitch. lol

Marvel Heroes Twitter said:
Early Game Access for #MarvelHeroes has been delayed. We'll issue updates as soon as we have them. Please stay tuned.

inky

LOL, I wonder why. It's not like the game hasn't been up and running OKish for the past weeks, or they are opening it to many people even. It can't be more than a few thousands.

LOL, I wonder why. It's not like the game hasn't been up and running OKish for the past weeks, or they are opening it to many people even. It can't be more than a few thousands.

Perhaps it's an issue with the server recognizing the unlocked stuff for the UP buyers.

ElRenoRaven

LOL, I wonder why. It's not like the game hasn't been up and running OKish for the past weeks.

Well figure final patch for release probably broke something. Then include the process of actually setting up the accounts on the server with everything they're supposed to have, something is probably causing problems there too.

No matter how well tested a new MMO is there will be a period of instability and issues at launch. Never plan on playing it the first month and you won't be upset if it gets running smoothly earlier. lol

inky

Perhaps it's an issue with the server recognizing the unlocked stuff for the UP buyers.

Yep, that may be it. They were changing a lot of the back end stuff, that is why orders stopped appearing in the account page for example. I guess there will always be unpredictable stuff with online game launches.

Supposed to have an update on the dev blog but nothing showing up.

They deleted the tweet. lul

Also @inky:
You can add me to the list in the OP, although I'm not gonna be part of the GAF guild (already dedicated to the raccoonatics, lol), but y'all are welcome to add me in game.
Nick in there is same as here, just without the space.

ElRenoRaven

They deleted the tweet. lul

Also @inky:
You can add me to the list in the OP, although I'm not gonna be part of the GAF guild (already dedicated to the raccoonatics, lol), but y'all are welcome to add me in game.
Nick in there is same as here, just without the space.

Yea they're having issues for sure. lol

inky

I too upgraded my pack, but checking now only my original order shows up.

I remember not receiving a confirmation email for my second purchase, but I do have the paypal emails for all. Yea, figures it had to do with that. They'll probably have to fix all that stuff manually.

ElRenoRaven

Yea it's looking like they're having some major account issues such as those in this thread but also some people's aren't showing anything like mine for example.

@MMMSociety 3m
We're making progress here, but we're not quite ready to open #MarvelHeroes yet. We'll update again at 6PM PDT, and again, our apologies.

:|

Well, in the meantime, what hero y'all gonna start with? Maybe we can get a GAF party up 'n running once they fix the stuff... although I might be in bed at that time.

Tendo

Well, in the meantime, what hero y'all gonna start with? Maybe we can get a GAF party up 'n running once they fix the stuff... although I might be in bed at that time.

Didn't get to try iron man in beta so I'll give him a whirl. Then maybe cap. I'll settle on one of those or ms marvel or rocket raccoon.

I thought the game was fun, but not enough to spend 60 bucks to play as a "premium" hero. I'll probably just pick Scarlet Witch or Hawkeye to run through the story content once and never touch it again.

Moondrop

Banned
My sympathies to all the Ultimate subscribers. I hope the other perks were more important to you than the early access.

I'm in kind of a bind as to what character to start with. I bought the Jean Grey starter pack because I figured it was a safe bet she'd be awesome. And she is, but her style is kind of gimmicky and I prefer melee anyway.

I get Cyclops as well thanks to the Valentine's Day special; haven't played him yet but looks like an intriguing mix of ranged and melee.

Daredevil is fun melee and I'll pick him as my starter, but he's more about speed and DPS. Wolverine was surprisingly fun and effective as a tank. But the character I found most enjoyable and closest to my personal style is Captain America. I can't decide whether to spend my Gs on Cap or wait for Squirrel Girl.

Ms marvel is who I'll be starting with. O could I get added to the gaf list (Nomnomwut)? I'm hoping they'll release patch notes for the big patch this morning soon

inky

I was going to start Thor, but I'll probably go faster with someone like Hulk or Cyclops. Once I get to the dailies, and I can farm credits/elements for a bit to help level Thor easily.

inky

I know, but his Call of the Lightning and Shockwave seemed to have been reduced in damage this last patch. I'm just waiting to see where they left him instead of jumping right into him, but he was always going to be my main.

Top Bottom