• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

X-Frame

I unlocked the Vorcha Soldier and specced him FULLY Melee. ~925 Health and ~325 Shields, but can one-shot melee most troops on Gold.

He's such a fun character and you can melee tons of people on Gold without problems due to their movement speed, health regeneration (65% by default without any Regen upgrades), super low to the ground evading, and Wolverine melee strikes.

I'll wait for my Sentinel to use the Flamer. Wanted the Solder and Sentinel to have different play styles.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I keep seeing people use the arc pistol. Is there some trick to it? Keep in mind I do have a Carnifex X.

Arc Pistol is an extremely fast pistol with decent damage. It shoots even faster than the Mattock with repeated clicks. And if you charge it, it hurts a lot. It's a good pistol, and until i get a Carnifex X, it's my pistol of choice since its already X.

I would just use the Carnifex. You pretty much HAVE to use fully-charged shots to get the best use from the Arc pistol (I love it on my Asari justicar though).

If you've got a fast trigger finger, you can deal a good amount of damage with the Arc pistol and it's lightweight to boot. I take out enemies faster with the Arc pistol II than my Katana X. My problem with the Carnifex is that you only get a few shots with it and I'm a shitty aim so the Arc comes in handy.

Got it today and I don't like it. Still takes 2-3 shots to take down a shielded opponent. It shoots like some weird sniper grenade launcher hybrid and kinda sucks for long range because of the travel time. The splash damage is nice, but that's about all I liked about it. I'm still waiting to finally be able to upgrade my Arc pistol. I keep getting Carnifex upgrades, but no Arc pistols.

Not sure how you came to this conclusion.

15 minute GGW can't lie. 75k credits every 15 minutes is awesome.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Krysae is easily the most OP gun in the game right now. Nothing even touches it. Hell, on top of laying waste with crazy damage, splash, and stability - its moderately lightweight and has a decent magazine to boot.

Bisnic

I hope i can get that weapon before they nerf it. I wanna see just how bad it is. Maybe i'll deal with the boring GGW for a while just for that.

Reece

Gaahhhh got disconnect from 3 different Silver matches during extraction. I've never been disconnected before. Must be some kind of sign to turn my computer off.

On a brighter note, doing WAY better with that Geth Infiltrator melee/shotgun build. I usually promote right at 20 but I might keep this one around.

Xevren

That new Quarian Engineer is awesome. Speccing the grenade with the AE electrical field can help cause massive tech bursts with their incinerate. Just a matter of constantly getting more grenades, but it's totally worth it.

Mindlog

I hope i can get that weapon before they nerf it. I wanna see just how bad it is. Maybe i'll deal with the boring GGW for a while just for that.
I actually played two GGWs because of the QMI + Krysae combination. While the rest of the team camps I charge the hallway with damage specced arc grenades. After everything is dead I run to the ammo box and area scan.

However, on Firebase Jade/Cerberus/Gold I had my fastest non-farm clear with pubs @ 18m. I was the Lone Survivor because of the extract bug on that map :p (Do not stay in cover on the lower platform when the shuttle arrives.)

I'd like to get more grenade upgrades. My Drell Adept is under the impression that 8 cluster grenades plus reave sounds like a pretty good combination.

So I have about 500K credits saved up now. Is there something good that I should be waiting for like new packs or anything or should I just go ahead and spend them on the PSP's?

Bisnic

So I have about 500K credits saved up now. Is there something good that I should be waiting for like new packs or anything or should I just go ahead and spend them on the PSP's?

There seems to be new packs coming out in early july, but that's still unconfirmed.

rozay

Banned
Got it today and I don't like it. Still takes 2-3 shots to take down a shielded opponent. It shoots like some weird sniper grenade launcher hybrid and kinda sucks for long range because of the travel time. The splash damage is nice, but that's about all I liked about it. I'm still waiting to finally be able to upgrade my Arc pistol. I keep getting Carnifex upgrades, but no Arc pistols.
nope

this gun trivializes gold, there's absolutely no challenge. phantoms get staggered with every hit which completely nullifies the threat of the most annoying cerberus unit and you can literally blow up enemies in a single AoE projectile if you're an infiltrator. It's impossible to die because everything coming your way is either staggered or killed instantly. the range of the explosions is so big enemies cannot take cover because you can literally shoot the ground or a wall behind them and kill them.

There's no way they don't nerf this on monday. there's also no way that the reapers can win now that the turians put the specifications on the extranet, and I expect the extended cut DLC to showcase Harbringer and the rest of the reapers going down from concentrated Krysae fire. No indoctrination theory necessary for a good ending.

Mindlog

Oh yeah. A Bioware employee responded to those packs.
Scylla Costa said:
When we sell/release Reinforcement Packs through Sony, we are required to submit them for certification testing at least 3 weeks prior to the date a pack would be sold. That being said, before launch (notice the dates on these images) we submitted a large batch of possible Reinforcement Packs to Sony. After launch we could then choose which ones would be actually available. They had different prices so that we could determine a fair price based on the actual content included when a pack went live. This also gave us flexibility to release new Reinforcement Packs on a weekly basis as we did with the Premium Spectre, Jumbo Equipment, etc.

These Reinforcement Packs were accidentally made public for a short period of time. Sony has taken them down as they were not meant to go public. When we go live with a new Reinforcement Pack it always is available through the in-game multiplayer store and it is always available for purchase using credits or currency.

Some of the packs from this list will never go live, as they may not support balanced gameplay, but other packs from the list could eventually be released. We will continue to listen to the feedback from our community about the types of packs you would like to see in the future. We appreciate your support and rest assured we are working hard every day to support a fun and ongoing multiplayer experience.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
There's no way they don't nerf this on monday. there's also no way that the reapers can win now that the turians put the specifications on the extranet, and I expect the extended cut DLC to showcase Harbringer and the rest of the reapers going down from concentrated Krysae fire. No indoctrination theory necessary for a good ending.

Nothing survives concentrated Krysae fire from orbit.

Replicant

Re: Krysae,

At first I didn't like it because the gun is very unstable. But after putting several stabilization method, I ended up enjoying it and it immediately put me to the top of the rank.

Melchiah

Cluster, frag and arc grenades are incredibly strong and easily worth points in the classes that use them. Grenades pop up in boxes but there's a time limit before more show up in a single box that gets increased with difficulty. Ideally as you play on gold you should run in a path that allows you to pass ammo boxes around the whole map.

Thanks for the tip, will definitely try them now.

Replicant

Even though I resented it at first because I kept getting upgrades to the weapon instead of the last 3 new characters I want (Cerberus Adept, Cerberus Vanguard, and Vorcha Soldier), I am actually enjoying my Krysae level 5 now.

X-Frame

Fitness is bugged in the ex-Cerberus/phoenix classes, they don't get any health and shield bonuses. Put your points on the melee branch which isn't bugged. I was wondering why they die faster than drell even with all the bonuses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NVouYNBgiI

WOW. BIOWARE seriously do they even test stuff like this? Another DLC character with bugged trees. You'd think they would've double-checked after they realized (hopefully) that the Battlemaster's Rage tree was bugged as well.

It is absolutely no wonder why I go down so easily with my Phoenix characters. Though a Melee-only spec would be interesting as well.

X-Frame

Does anyone else think it's a bit ridiculous that Vorcha are more viable on Gold than Krogans?

Most maneuverable out of all classes, exceptional health regeneration, and a lightning fast melee attack.

Krogan should've had health regeneration like Vorcha do yet maintaining their poor maneuverability.

nope

this gun trivializes gold, there's absolutely no challenge. phantoms get staggered with every hit which completely nullifies the threat of the most annoying cerberus unit and you can literally blow up enemies in a single AoE projectile if you're an infiltrator. It's impossible to die because everything coming your way is either staggered or killed instantly. the range of the explosions is so big enemies cannot take cover because you can literally shoot the ground or a wall behind them and kill them.

Tried it out on Gold and it was a completely different story. Had a very easy time keeping crowd control and managed to get second behind a Geth Infilitrator. Still, on Silver I don't like it much for handling smaller crowds of enemies. I'll keep my pistol and shotgun combo for that.

And did they make it harder to hit Energy Drain or is the lag getting worse? I'm hitting enemies directly with it and half the time their shields aren't draining and they're not getting damaged.

Tzeentch

I'm tearing my hair out here. The change to matchmaking means that I've had *3* good GGW groups in the last TWO DAYS. Even Silvers are almost a flip of a coin.

I'm not ULTRA geared and not a sniper king but I know how to at least sit in a room, pop turrets or holograms, and kill Geth for credits but it seems a good chunk of the playerbase can't handle confined places for more than a minute and just run off down hallways to get rammed by two Geth Primes.

If anyone on XBox needs another my tag is TzeentchNET. I promise not to stand over your corpse 1 foot away, will actually use rockets if necessary, and won't run out of the room to try and melee a Prime with my Geth Engineer. So that means I'm pretty pro these days.

Gui_PT

I'm tearing my hair out here. The change to matchmaking means that I've had *3* good GGW groups in the last TWO DAYS. Even Silvers are almost a flip of a coin.

I'm not ULTRA geared and not a sniper king but I know how to at least sit in a room, pop turrets or holograms, and kill Geth for credits but it seems a good chunk of the playerbase can't handle confined places for more than a minute and just run off down hallways to get rammed by two Geth Primes.

If anyone on XBox needs another my tag is TzeentchNET. I promise not to stand over your corpse 1 foot away, will actually use rockets if necessary, and won't run out of the room to try and melee a Prime with my Geth Engineer. So that means I'm pretty pro these days.

What time do you usually get on?

I love the MP, but the glitches are rediculous. Can't count the number of times I've died when my cloak decides to deactivate itself prematurely.

metalshade

Sounds like someone I could use! (I mean support.) LOL.
I will add you. I am metalshade01 on Xbox.
I'm up for GGW farming, and i'm also up for trying out crazy builds.
I will also sprint from one end of the map to the other to revive.
Currently feeling the love for the BFG (Krysae.)

Gui_PT

Kinda lost interest if multiplayer lately.

Lobbies are full or weird people that take 15 minute to get ready for a game and when they do get in the game, they screw up in the first 3 waves.

They run away and get downed. They don't pick up downed teammates.

Morons with invisibility that don't hack the objectives and someone else has to do it.

Idiots that don't stand inside the Upload area which means it'll take longer and we'll get our asses kicked.

So annoying.

Bisnic

I have no idea what happened. I was just trying to take cover behind the extraction ship. :(
masseffect32012-06-02xf8ky.png

Edit : Just got the Male Quarian Engineer from a Veteran pack!

Xevren

This new matchmaking is the fucking worst. Takes forever just to find a group half the time since it matches you up with people around your level.

sophora

Yeah, lately today I was putting in a few matches and it seems everyone around my N7 level (230ish) are pretty...unreliable. Many times I've had to revive teammates and be the carry throughout the missions, then I go down and no one revives me and everyone goes down the drain. 3 PSPs today and no new expansion character unlocks but an upgrade to the Reegar...cool I guess

Rad Agast

I have no idea what happened. I was just trying to take cover behind the extraction ship. :(

Edit : Just got the Male Quarian Engineer from a Veteran pack!

Let me guess, you lost your shield already and your health was really low? If so, now you know what all none hosting vanguards feel like some times.

Bisnic

Let me guess, you lost your shield already and your health was really low? If so, now you know what all none hosting vanguards feel like some times.

Not really, i had a weird death in the previous wave where someone revived me, yet i couldn't move and the camera was the same as when you're dead, i dont know if that was the trigger.

When i was flying like in the screenshot(which happened after i tried to take cover behind the ship), i could die, but was instantly revived by the game for some reason.

I rarely get these weird glitchs thankfully, even when i play my vanguard.

Replicant

Vorcha + Reegar + stupid player = player dies repeatedly (try 20+ times and costing us half extraction). Fuck these fools. They endanger everyone else because others end up busy reviving the stupid fucker instead of fighting the enemies. Thankfully we still completed wave 10 Gold somehow.

Chocobro

I played a few rounds of multiplayer with my buddies after spending all of my time on Diablo 3; is it me or Firebase White, random, gold really easy with the new weapons? My cousin was using that new sniper rifle and said it's pretty ridiculous and that he smells a nerf coming very soon.

Edit: Weeks ago we tried Reapers gold and struggled to complete it as adepts. This time we were mostly GI's and everything got stomped on, whole round was smooth sailing.

I played a few rounds of multiplayer with my buddies after spending all of my time on Diablo 3; is it me or Firebase White, random, gold really easy with the new weapons? My cousin was using that new sniper rifle and said it's pretty ridiculous and that he smells a nerf coming very soon.

Edit: Weeks ago we tried Reapers gold and struggled to complete it as adepts. This time we were mostly GI's and everything got stomped on, whole round was smooth sailing.

So I finished leveling my Vorcha Sentinel to 20 and decided to try this so-called ridiculous sniper rifle with a Geth infiltrator build...

Replicant

Why are there so many pathetic losers on the MP?! OH NOEZ, someone else is using the same class that I'm using, so I'm not going to press the ready button until that someone change his class. What a loser. Let the guy play whatever he wants to play. If you don't like it then change your own class or exit the lobby. Don't make the rest of us wait because of your petty need to be the one who gets to decide everything.

Even worse are the crybabies who left halfway through the game because they're not no.1 on the ranking list. Fucking pathetic.

Why are there so many pathetic losers on the MP?! OH NOEZ, someone else is using the same class that I'm using, so I'm not going to press the ready button until that someone change his class. What a loser. Let the guy play whatever he wants to play. If you don't like it then change your own class or exit the lobby. Don't make the rest of us wait because of your petty need to be the one who gets to decide everything.

Even worse are the crybabies who left halfway through the game because they're not no.1 on the ranking list. Fucking pathetic.

Too many games now are ruined by people like that, rage quitters, leavers, idlers, people who moan because you chose their class (I see this a lot in super MNC) it's annoying as fuck!

Rad Agast

Not really, i had a weird death in the previous wave where someone revived me, yet i couldn't move and the camera was the same as when you're dead, i dont know if that was the trigger.

When i was flying like in the screenshot(which happened after i tried to take cover behind the ship), i could die, but was instantly revived by the game for some reason.

I rarely get these weird glitchs thankfully, even when i play my vanguard.

Hmmm, not sure. It might be similar to the instant revive glitch which can happen on the same map. The new patch added more bugs than fixes if you ask me. had several freezes and disconnects ever since the update.

So I finished leveling my Vorcha Sentinel to 20 and decided to try this so-called ridiculous sniper rifle with a Geth infiltrator build...

Yeah the new "sniper" rifle is ridiculous. You don't really need to aim with it to hit and kill stuff. Careful, if you get too used to it your sniping skills will go down real fast. I don't mind the damage but they need to fix the huge hit box of the bullets.

Replicant

There's a new glitch that I've never seen before. In WGG, you know that plane that is situated near your drop-off/pick-up point? Well, I saw someone got stuck underneath that plane. But the funny thing is, he can still shoot the enemies on top of him. The problem is, there's only limited amount of space he can move around (a circular area where the plane is located). I don't know how he got stuck there in the first place since I was a replacement player that didn't join the game up till wave 4.

Yeah the new "sniper" rifle is ridiculous. You don't really need to aim with it to hit and kill stuff. Careful, if you get too used to it your sniping skills will go down real fast. I don't mind the damage but they need to fix the huge hit box of the bullets.

Would you guys PLEASE stop wondering or asking the Krysae to be nerf down? It's fine as it is now. You actually kill enemies faster anyway if you aim precisely instead of just throwing the bullets all over the place.

Top Bottom