• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Artadius

Looking for more folks to play with on Orgin so I don't always have to group with filthy pubbies.

GAF: Artadius
Origin: artadius

Edgeward

S/W/F Adept looking for people that can easily rip shields/armor. Likes long walks on the Normandy and lots of singularity.

Add me to the Origin list. My id - Edgeward

Alex Tru

Neo Member
Gaf: Alex Tru
Origin: Alex_Tru

Looking forward to playing with you guys. Currently using a Human Vanguard. Any tips other than the standard ABC?

yeahe....

i got a complete reset on my items, all weapons, mods, medi packs etc. are gone.
After a normal game i got the message with the free Starter Packs and bäm all gone :/

edit: unlocked chars are gone too :(

Ouch, I feel you brother. That happened to me in the demo, too. So utterly demoralizing, especially if you unlocked stuff that you loved.

I see that the original post mentions it... has anyone found out what causes it? Something to do with accessing the store while ready?

Gaf: Alex Tru
Origin: Alex_Tru

Looking forward to playing with you guys. Currently using a Human Vanguard. Any tips other than the standard ABC?

Search for my posts in this thread, haha. I wrote dissertations on how to use the Human Vanguard.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Is there an issues with creating games? i can get into a game if i join using quick match. But if i try to create a game no one ever comes in

KaYotiX

Banned
Has anybody bought a Spectre pack yet? How many medi-gels, rocket, or equipment does it give at a time?

I've bought about 5 and you get a lot of the items like medi gels and rockets. I also just got a legendary item "I think", it had a silver boarder and a N7 ribbon going down the right side of the card.

Lovin the MP though

Ties

Banned
k

I absolutely cannot with randoms anymore in this game. Dying on wave 2 in silver like seriously. Also the "oh I'm right next to you and I can quickly take cover but I'm not going to revive you" stuff. If anyone has this for PSN please add me on my account, Taiyz.

Whoa. There are secret class unlocks in the MP? Sounds pretty awesome if true.

Dresden

k

I absolutely cannot with randoms anymore in this game. Dying on wave 2 in silver like seriously. Also the "oh I'm right next to you and I can quickly take cover but I'm not going to revive you" stuff. If anyone has this for PSN please add me on my account, Taiyz.

They're probably just slamming the button for revive that is also, in Bioware's infinite wisdom, used for taking cover or sprinting.

And yeah, that's the rumor! I have my doubts though.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I promoted 5 out of 7 of my MP characters.

You get 10 points towards your MP N7 rank for each promotion, so I went from 120 to 170.

You get 60 points in your singleplayer campaign for assets. I checked my campaign game after doing this and noticed an N7 Special Ops team, worth 300. I'm assuming it is 60 per promotion, though I suppose it could have just been a flat 300 for promoting and no more. I'll know next time I do promote.

I kept my Infiltrators and Adepts.

So has anyone been able to confirm if the 'volus adept' secret unlock rumor is true? It was in an OXM review.
I made it to N7 120 without seeing a Volus. Doesn't mean they don't exist but would mean that they are very, very, very rare if they do exist, since I've seen everything else multiple times.

Ken

GGs Yeti!

It was a little laggy but still playable.

k

That happens to me too so it's not something I'd blame randoms specifically for doing. Revive really should have been a different button or be given priority over all other possible actions.

Ken

Dude my friend is so jealous that you have the Black Widow haha. I'm a little jealous myself. That thing is insane.

Didn't see this post. Yeah, it's pretty awesome. Takes about 3 clips to bring down a silver Atlas with cloak damage boost and shots from the team.

this guy

Yeah, I just realized the lowest level guy on my team was rocking a Black Widow the whole time! He must have sucked with the sniper though.... I finally unlocked the M-98 Widow at least. I've been stuck using the M-97 Viper since the demo, and the snipe rifle is my primary weapon.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Is it just me or are the packs more stingy now with the medigels, missiles, etc? I bought a couple of Veteran packs and didn't receive even 1 missile launcher!

Also, can I get the Black Widow from Veteran packs or should I start saving up for Spectres? I'm only at level 23, so I can't really go on Silver and Gold runs all the time.

Speaking of which, EA/BioWare should make it so that when people get disconnected, they still keep their cash or XP! I almost raged when I was at wave 9 and the game got dropped due to shitty hosts, disconnecting from EA servers or some other crap.

I think the game is fun, more than capable against its ilk, but the UI, how some things are handled shows BioWare is just learning the ropes when it comes to online multiplayer.

Still will be playing it like a madman, though. :D

I haven't played the MP yet, how many games a day are necessary to maintain your galactic readiness rating in SP? I heard if you don't play everyday it will decrease. And does anybody know how many games it would take on the lowest difficulty (I guess that would be bronze?) to achieve 100% galactic readiness rating? Thanks!

tearsofash

Add me to the list. Gamer tag: alicethesister

I haven't started it up yet, and I rarely play online multiplayer for anything. I'll probably get everyone killed. Just gonna put that up front.

Hakkesshu

Gemüsepizza;35868092 said:
I haven't played the MP yet, how many games a day are necessary to maintain your galactic readiness rating in SP? I heard if you don't play everyday it will decrease. And does anybody know how many games it would take on the lowest difficulty (I guess that would be bronze?) to achieve 100% galactic readiness rating? Thanks!

It degrades by 1% a day, I believe. You get 4-8% from a regular bronze match, so it doesn't take all that long.

Wonko_C

Gemüsepizza;35868092 said:

Wait, what!? I thought the galactic readiness rating on the main menu was independent from the one in single player. What will happen a few years down the line when the multiplayer is shut down? won't we be able to enjoy the SP to its fullest then?

i-Lo

Regarding Maps: If I play the MP (I just started the MP and am aboard Normandy for the first time) now will it spoil for me locations in SP?

It degrades by 1% a day, I believe. You get 4-8% from a regular bronze match, so it doesn't take all that long.

That's correct, it degrades by up to 7% a week according to the game guide. You'll get 3% from bronze towards each quadrant of the galaxy if you choose "Any Map." If you choose a specific map, you'll get 7% towards that one.

According to the game guide, promoting your character works like this: when you promote, your character becomes a War Asset in the campaign and your multiplayer level for that entire class drops back down to 1. Galactic Readiness then relates to all your War Assets in the campaign. If you have 2,000 War Assets in the campaign, but only 50% Galactic Readiness, it will be as if you only have 1,000 War Assets in the campaign.

Of course, according to Bioware you don't need to do anything with multiplayer (either by promoting War Assets or by raising Galactic Readiness) to get the "best" ending in the campaign, so long as you do essentially everything in the campaign.

i-Lo

I want to start playing it from today (most likely). I almost have no one on my friend's list.

GAF: i-Lo
XBL: Xb0xD3SIGnFlaw

Man, I had to finish up some work at home last night, and by the time I got online, I only felt like playing one game. I saw you guys online, but was too tired.

Maybe tonight?

Yeah dude, I'm down for tonight.

Last night I had the worst unlocks. I got the Turian Sentinel 3 times, and a bunch of weapons I already own. The only things I got worth noting are the Asari Adept and the Raptor Sniper Rifle.

LevelNth

Banned
Played this for the first time last night, was a bunch of fun. Entered a game with 3 guys playing together, all Level 40+, and they didn't kick me. Wasn't aware of this happening though, but nevertheless. I don't care for MP often so I have no mic or anything, and these three guys did.

They were pretty hardcore, talking about powers and weapons and their stats constantly, whereas I'm a pretty lightweight ME player. I appreciate them letting me tag along, as naturally I gained a huge bunch of levels after just 3 maps.

Unfortunately it will likely be my only and best experience, but it was a great one. So refreshing to not jump into a group of guys who felt the need to treat playing a video game online as SERIOUS BUSINESS, and just have fun. On PS3 if that matters.

So after having 160 points left over for a year and a half, I said what the hell and bought a spectre pack. I felt really dirty because it seems kind of bullshit to pay for that, but it gave me the carnifex. 14 multiplayer hours later, god bless that fucking gun. I wouldn't be competitive without it. I fell less dirty about it now. Sadly my 3 spectre packs since then have sucked.

this guy

Wooo my connection to the server cut out on wave 10 on silver! :|

EDIT: And now my 360 froze in the middle of another wave. fucking bullshit.

Petrie

Banned
What are some of the better character/spec combos for the multi here? I have an Asari Adept with Warp and Stasis right now, but I'm wondering if I should use my respec on it.

Shaffield

GAF: Shaffield
XBL: PrinceJordash

I'm usually rollin as a ~15 Sentinel with max Overload, but one day I aspire to be the greatest Quarian Engineer this side of the Citadel.

hmu fools

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I can't fucking believe this is the first multiplayer to keep me from finishing the story first. I guess cause its intertwined with story progression but I've always sworn by finishing single player before even touching multiplayer in games, but for some reason this has me distracted.

I think most of the level design is absolutely horrid too, but for some reason it's so damn fun.

You guys think it's worth saving up for the Spectre pack every time or what? That seems logical to me, but I did the first time, and got a bunch of consumables (ugh) and a single rare SMG with an absolutely ridiculous and inefficient amount of recoil. I want characters goddamnit :C Are any character unlocks rare or uncommon?

Ken

So I redeemed a code for 3 months of XBL on the Xbox.com site while I was signed into ME3 on the 360. Now, my account is flagged silver (with the silver banner in the profile), but going to my memberships in accocunt maangement shows me as having the 3 months of gold until June. Do I just wait and hope it updates my profile because I can't get into any games of ME3 at the moment. :(

creid

Is there any reasonable chance of getting new or good weapons in a recruit pack? I desperately want a new assault rifle so I can try out silver, and I don't earn enough credits from my usually-failed bronze runs to buy a whole lot of veteran packs.

I can't fucking believe this is the first multiplayer to keep me from finishing the story first. I guess cause its intertwined with story progression but I've always sworn by finishing single player before even touching multiplayer in games, but for some reason this has me distracted.

I think most of the level design is absolutely horrid too, but for some reason it's so damn fun.

You guys think it's worth saving up for the Spectre pack every time or what? That seems logical to me, but I did the first time, and got a bunch of consumables (ugh) and a single rare SMG with an absolutely ridiculous and inefficient amount of recoil. I want characters goddamnit :C Are any character unlocks rare or uncommon?

I personally think that getting Veteran Packs is a better deal than Spectre. I mean, you can get 3 Veterans for the price of one Spectre and they still have a chance to get a rare item. Plus you can potentially get way more Medi-Gel packs and Missile Launcher ammo this way.

I think character unlocks (at least aliens) are rare items. You're guaranteed 1 rare item with a Spectre pack, but you're only guaranteed 1 uncommon item with a Veteran pack. If you want new characters, you're probably better off going with Spectre packs, as you could open a string of Veteran packs without getting an alien. It seems like the probability of pulling an alien with a Spectre pack is somewhere around 50% according to the link I posted a few pages back (http://venturebeat.com/2012/03/06/what-does-100-buy-you-in-mass-effect-3-multiplayer/), but it's not a huge sample size, so it's hard to say for sure.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
So I redeemed a code for 3 months of XBL on the Xbox.com site while I was signed into ME3 on the 360. Now, my account is flagged silver (with the silver banner in the profile), but going to my memberships in accocunt maangement shows me as having the 3 months of gold until June. Do I just wait and hope it updates my profile because I can't get into any games of ME3 at the moment. :(

Exact problem I had a couple days ago redeeming my XBL 14 months code online - even called XBL Support about it, but stupidly the last thing I forgot to try which was the support's advice activated it: just run a XBL connection test, and you'll have Gold on your 360.

Do you earn more credits on higher difficulties?

Much more - on average it's about 35,000 on Silver, and from what I've heard, 65,000 on Gold.

Top Bottom