• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MaWaRu Made In Wario: October 18, uses Motion Sensor

Just saw this on Namae No Nai Heya while looking for the source of the Minish Cap date. I don't know if the release date is right, but the description of the game is accurate.

MaWaRu Made In Wario will use a motion sensor, not the control pad/buttons. You actually spin the GBA around to play the minigames. There will apparently be 200 brand new minigames. Release: October 18 (Japan).

FUN!

Well, if the GBA knows which way it's being spun, I guess the screen image will move with you. Or the design of the games will be viewable from every angle. Or you're not so much RAPIDLY SPINNING IT as you are very carefully using it to roll things or position the sensors.

Kobun Heat said:
Just saw this on Namae No Nai Heya while looking for the source of the Minish Cap date. I don't know if the release date is right, but the description of the game is accurate.

MaWaRu Made In Wario will use a motion sensor, not the control pad/buttons. You actually spin the GBA around to play the minigames. There will apparently be 200 brand new minigames. Release: October 18 (Japan).

FUN!

Might be an odd question, but why not just source RPGfan?

MaddenNFL64

Kobun Heat said:
Well, if the GBA knows which way it's being spun, I guess the screen image will move with you. Or the design of the games will be viewable from every angle. Or you're not so much RAPIDLY SPINNING IT as you are very carefully using it to roll things or position the sensors.

I believe that's it.

I'm not breaking my GBA for anything, even if it is one of those wacky fun Wario Ware mini games.

MaddenNFL64

shaking games, labyrinth games, rolling games. maybe drawing in mid-air or something :p.

I'm buying it. I had too much fun with Wario Ware to not be excited for this.

BuG

Tilt 'N Tumble was never released even though it was pretty final, right? Or was it not much more than a tech-demo? If it was nearing completion, how impossibly cool would it be if Nintendo included it as an unlockable mini-game, kind of like Dr. Wario in the original. Even if it wasn't anywhere near finished, and if the original Tilt N' Tumble team aren't doing anything, they should get them to work on finishing it to a respectable level and then hide it away in this.

I told you I was right. Don't expect completely new minigames unless they change something via the hardware or add some peripheral.

Anyways, interesting news, i wonder what games we'll see. I'm flat out of ideas (it's too early!).

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
BuG said:
Tilt 'N Tumble was never released even though it was pretty final, right? Or was it not much more than a tech-demo? If it was nearing completion, how impossibly cool would it be if Nintendo included it as an unlockable mini-game, kind of like Dr. Wario in the original. Even if it wasn't anywhere near finished, and if the original Tilt N' Tumble team aren't doing anything, they should get them to work on finishing it to a respectable level and then hide it away in this.

Was that the Kirby game? If so, that game was awesome. I played it a while ago and it plays fantastically

FoneBone

Kobun Heat said:
Not the DATE, but certainly a RELEASE.

I wonder if this will be announced for this year.
I don't know... the GBA game didn't do that well, and didn't the GC version flat-out bomb here?

jarrod

Banned
FoneBone said:
I don't know... the GBA game didn't do that well, and didn't the GC version flat-out bomb here?
Yep, NOA's also a little weary of motion sensor games from what I understand (the main reason Happy Panechu wasn't brought over). With the DS game coming (likely for launch) I don't think they'll bother...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Eh, motion sensor. I don't know about this.

Emulation people am cry (I'll still buy it though :p)

GDGF

Soothsayer
Cool concept. The new Nintendo is going to rely heavily on alternative control methods, i'm sure. We should start brainstorming over the Revolution's controler. It's sure to have elements of everthing we've seen from Nintendo as of late.

MaddenNFL64

built in touch screen in the middle of the controller, a built in mic, motions sensor, DNA extractor, and ICBM missle silo.

Who knows really ;).

MaddenNFL64

I thought Wario Ware GBA did great? Someone have numbers?

If it didn't sell well, I hope those who didn't buy it are raped in prison.

DrLazy

This is unfair for those of us who don't have an SP because you can only see the damn thing at one angle.

neo2046

:D

up5279.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The game will have to have an GBAsp toggle option if the tilting is more than just flat rotational.

jarrod said:
Yep, NOA's also a little weary of motion sensor games from what I understand (the main reason Happy Panechu wasn't brought over).

What's your source on this? I'd guess the reason it wasn't brought over is because it kinda sucks. It's definitely cute and fun to mess around with for a little bit, but after shuffling the pieces around at random for a while you realize it's not that great of a puzzle game.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Won't you get tired in your hands/wrists from playing this game? I imagine some kid will recieve injuries when playing, and the parents will try to sue Nintendo. :p

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
#1 Wario Ware sold fantastically, at least on the GBA

#2 This game looks like it's going to be the shit.

I'm not sure exactly what they are (I only glanced at the text) but it seems like we're dealing with 100 bonus *toys* or little playthings that you get after clearing boss stages. Not so much minigames... maybe like SSBM's trophies or something.

Oh, and apparently the Mawaru name isn't connected to Mario Wario Ruigi. I wonder how that got started, but I sure bought it.

Shiggy

Wario64 said:
Probably a tilt sensor built into the cartrdige

But then there must be a SP and normal GBA mode be included, because the modul port in the SP is on the other side.

But a titl sensor can only detect tilting yes? Spinning is different than tilting. This must be a new development.

Also, I'm assuming it'll have a GBA/SP mode select because they plug into different locations on the respective systems.

Top Bottom