• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MaWaRu Made In Wario: October 18, uses Motion Sensor

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yeah, I would assume so. I remember reading about how Kirby's Tilt N Tumble was incompatible with the SP because of this issue. I still think playing with the SP would be kinda awkward though...hopefully they'll have some videos of the game in action surfacing soon. I'm still kinda skeptical about it but it's Wario Ware dammit!

1) I know what 'mawaru' means; I thought it had a double meaning in this case.

2) It's a very simple thing to just have an option that selects between GBA and SP. It might even be able to auto-detect.

Shiggy

Kobun Heat said:
2) It's a very simple thing to just have an option that selects between GBA and SP. It might even be able to auto-detect.

But do the Tilt-Sensor look a little bit like the Boktai modul? And how should it work with the Game Boy Player?

BuG

Shiggy said:
But do the Tilt-Sensor look a little bit like the Boktai modul? And how should it work with the Game Boy Player?
The GameCube has a handle. Pick it up and twirl it around? :p I can't think of 200 different ways to use motion sensors in gameplay, I can't even think of three different ways, but that shaving game looks like it could be fun. :D

Meier

FoneBone said:
I don't know... the GBA game didn't do that well, and didn't the GC version flat-out bomb here?

209,307/$6,205,681

Not great for a first-party title but very impressive for a GBA title in general.. and better than Sword of Mana. Unsure about the GC title as I dont track those. I think it's done around 60k copies or so.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think the GBA version did pretty well in worldwide sales. I thought Nintendo mentioned its success in one of its financial reports or whatever

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
This is so fucking awesome! And thus do they distinguish Wario Ware 2 GBA from Wario Ware DS. Hells yeah!

Not to go off topic, but has anyone else seen that vid from IGN about the CG Kirby Tilt n Tumble/Roll-a-Rama from a few years back? It's really good stuff.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
hm, i hope not all the games involve the motion sensor. i haven't played kirby's tilt and tumble, but i'm not sure how basically enjoyable that mechanic will be.

Top Bottom