• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's Canada introducing new McTasters sandwiches

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.grubgrade.com/2016/01/17/new-mctasters-from-mcdonalds-canada/

McDonald’s Canada has a couple of new sandwiches called McTasters. They’re described as “perfectly sized for a snack or side to your meal” and are priced at $2.99.

The Greek McTasters features 100% Canadian beef patty topped with Mediterranean Olive sauce, red onion, leaf lettuce and a tomato slice on an herb-topped artisan bun.

The Italian McTasters features a Junior Chicken patty topped with parmesan cheese flakes, leaf lettuce, a tomato slice, and creamy Parmesan and Italian herb sauce on an herb-topped artisan bun.

h95qWDr.jpg

So that's around, what, $2 USD?

Elitist1945

The buns are fucking fantastic. They need a tomato sauce/marinade. Not a fan of whats on them, though - but since I work there I can use the buns for fucking anything I want!

DJ_Lae

So it's basically an extra $1.30 for a different bun and some fixins?

The junior chicken patty is not exactly huge. As a 'snack' size burger I don't see why I would buy these rather than a McDouble and a Junior Chicken for a little more than half the price.

And, for that matter, what the hell is the point of the McChicken in Canada anyway? I got one by accident once and the patty is very nearly identical to the junior chicken, the toppings are the same, the bun is maybe 10% larger and it costs more than twice as much.

Kyuur

Tried both, Italian is pretty good. Greek isn't to my taste. Would rather just get a McDouble for a buck cheaper though.

Whats a canadian beef pattie? Ham sandwich?

notsureifserious.jpg but it's just beef from Canadian farms. It's a pretty big advertising thing over here to specify.

13randO

Damn, it is a rare sight to see people buy anything from McD's in Canada that isn't a jr. chicken, double cheese burger, 2 apple pies or a soft serve cone. Anything not off the value menu is expensive af.

dcelw540

Guys I work at McDonald's and they're okay.

You get a smaller bun and you get a new sauce for both burgers and different cheese plus leaf lettuce and tomato

Elitist1945

You get a smaller bun and you get a new sauce for both burgers and different cheese plus leaf lettuce and tomato

*high fives* My manager made a marinara sauce and brought it to work so we could drip the buns in and eat them haha.

rtcn63

I remember when McD's had the expanded value menu, with two dollar Jalapeno burgers and shit. I liked it. If these come to the US for $2 a pop, I'd be game.

Elitist1945

So how many new items have they introduced since they last declared they were going to simplify the menu?

Did McDonald's Canada even say they were going to simplify it? Because next month we're replacing the front counters with bakeries, and opening a new menu where you get to create your own food.

jstripes

Banned
Did McDonald's Canada even say they were going to simplify it? Because next month we're replacing the front counters with bakeries, and opening a new menu where you get to create your own food.
Can you guys fix your stupid "21st century" menu boards first?

The last one I went into had two screens with full-screen promos for single items, a few feature items on another screen, and then 100 things cramped on one smaller screen alternating every 10 seconds between McDonalds and McCafe.

Who thought that was a good use of technology?

Elitist1945

The last one I went into had two screens with full-screen promos for single items, a few feature items on another screen, and then 100 things cramped on one smaller screen alternating every 10 seconds between McDonalds and McCafe.

My store has 5 of those screens: 2 for McCafe, 1 for featured items and 2 for the full menu. But yeah, I agree its pretty cramped.

LakeEarth

I was complaining about this just a couple of days ago. I actually counted, the McCafe drink menu is up for 9-10 seconds before it switches, but there's something like 14 items there (some with multiple flavour options). Most just can't read it fast enough.

Tim Hortons have the same screen but they're static for much longer.

mf.luder

They need to do some better market research, who wants this?. I'm not paying $3 for a shitty jr chicken and parmesan.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
I actually tried both yesterday. Really like the Greek one. Italian is good too. I hope they come out with a larger burger with these toppings, I would eat at McDonalds more often if they did.

tilting_msh

Neo Member
I'm surprised these aren't already available in the States?

I always assumed (wrongly, I guess) that all new menu items we get up here have been available at American McDonald's for a while already.

zerotol

Banned
That Italian Mctaster looks like it would perfectly compliment the $30 Italian Meal when it comes to authentic cuisine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom