• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds launches garlic fries in San Francisco Bay Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Brand Eating:

After a test at four locations in the San Jose area, McDonald's is rolling out new Gilroy Garlic Fries throughout the Greater San Francisco Bay Area at nearly 240 participating locations.

Set to be available by July 27, 2016, the local menu item features a puree of Gilroy, CA-sourced garlic, olive oil, parmesan cheese, parsley, and a pinch of salt tossed in a stainless steel bowl with McDonald's fries.

mcdonalds-garlic-fries.jpg

http://www.brandeating.com/2016/07/mcdonalds-garlic-fries-expand-throughout-sf-bay-area.html

Good lord these look delicious. Wish I was in SF to try them out. Also pretty crazy how McDonalds is branching out to new fries flavors.

The Beard

One of the McDonald's close to me has had them for about 2 months, I'm in the BA. They're alright. The garlic doesn't taste fresh to me, it's like a garlic paste or something, and it doesn't have a strong enough garlic taste for my liking.

I give them a 6.5/10

KorrZ

Why do garlic flavored things always have flecks of green stuff on them? Isn't garlic white?

People need visual aid, if they just did garlic fries they wouldn't look any different for the pictures. Toss in some chopped parsley and it looks fancier.

Not that there's anything unusual about that, chefs abuse fresh herb garnish to make things pop out more all the time.

M52B28

Banned
Parsley barely has flavor.

I feel inclined to buy some of these, but I highly doubt they'll be able to beat the garlic fries at Super Duper Burger.

sikkinixx

y tho?

*Fresh* McD fries easy on the salt are amazing. Who needs canned garlic, cheap olive oil, fake Italian cheese and dehydrated parsley on them?

y tho?

*Fresh* McD fries easy on the salt are amazing. Who needs canned garlic, cheap olive oil, fake Italian cheese and dehydrated parsley on them?

What's wrong with offering options? I personally think this is interesting because fries are the one area where McD has been consistent and unwavering for years. Interesting how they're starting to shake it up, especially given the monstrosities BK and other competitors have been pushing lately.

Sanjuro

First fry - Oh my God!

Second fry - Still delicious.

Third fry - Starting to get a little sick...

Fourth fry - Oh my God!

pWvKMrk.jpg

y tho?

McD's fries haven't been great since they changed the formula a few years back. They aren't even crave-worthy anymore, places like Wendy's and even BK are better choices now. You done fucked up when BK tastes better.

I had some garlic fries at AT&T a few years ago and they were good as advertised.

Schrade

Had some for lunch today. They're ok. Due to the way they put the garlic stuff on them they end up soggier.

Nothing superfantastic but just "ok".

You can't buy them as part of a meal, though. Can only buy them separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom