• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's to launch Mac Jr. and Grand Mac this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

big-mac-canada-hed-2017.jpg

I thought this was about the new Bacon Big Mac. I guess we don't get the US ones in Canada.

Rootbeer

Banned
Saw the new line of macs at a local McD's finally. Didn't get to try them though. It was 20 mins till closing, probably not the best time to try a new sandwich... it needs to be experienced under proper conditions!

SpecX

Tried the jr mac Sunday. It's literally a cheese burger sized big mac without the extra patty and bun. Still tasty for the big mac flavor, but messy.

HariKari

Anyone try the Grand Mac yet? I might give it a shot tonight.

I ordered one and I'm not sure if they made it correctly. Patties were still pretty thin, but overall it seemed larger, like the same way a Whopper is larger than your average burger.

Definitely didn't seem like they used larger patties, certainly not in thickness.

Overall, McDonald's quality has gone up over the past year or so. Trending in the right direction.

I tried the Grand Mac yesterday. Ordered it with extra sauce and the manager came out and asked me if I was sure. She said it's already four squirts of sauce which is twice the standard Big Mac. I said yes, extra sauce please.

It was extravagant and amazing. Will order again.

Missed opportunity if Lamonster is to be believed.

Would you say its too much Mac? I think the mini mac would be the perfect meal sandwich and then you throw in a McDouble to finish it off.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
[KoRp]Jazzman;229091610 said:
Missed opportunity if Lamonster is to be believed.

Would you say its too much Mac? I think the mini mac would be the perfect meal sandwich and then you throw in a McDouble to finish it off.
It is definitely a BIG Mac, whopper size. lots of lettuce and bun though. I think my sweet spot would be a double Mac Jr (no interstitial bun, less lettuce to meat ratio). I'll try that next time.

I haven't had McDonald's in years. I happen to have an IN-N-OUT right across the street from the closest one to my house... probably a big reason why.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for eating out with me GAF. I'm done and getting back in my car. It's been real.
/live tweating

- J - D -

I went into the grand mac thinking it'd be somehow special but turns out it's just a larger big mac but with a crappier beef-to-bun ratio.

I wouldn't get it again and the only reason I did this time was because there's a promo deal going on where you get a free side of medium fries and drink with a grand mac purchase.

In Spain we have the grand mac 1 or 2 months a year, but I would kill to have it all year round.

Actually we had it during the 2000's and was called Big Big Mac at the time, but they were forced by the gorvenment to take it out of the menu during a time with somethong about kid ovesity or some shit like that.

Rootbeer

Banned
There is a Buy 1 Grand Mac Get 1 Free Med Fries & 1 Free Med Drink coupon in the McDonald's app, so I used that today to try it out finally.

This thing is pretty intimidating. An ordinary Big Mac doesn't phase me and actually feels a bit small, but this is an actual meal of a sandwich, so be ready.

It might not look that much larger in pictures, but it's around double size. You get a pretty big hit of the mac sauce in each bite due to the larger surface area. On the normal macs it sometimes doesn't always reach the edge due to how they prepare them.

I'd say try it if you like Big Macs, for sure. It still has that bready feeling the ordinary Mac does, and the patties, while larger, are still thin, overall I liked it for what it was. The mood might strike me to try it again sometime... but only if I'm famished.

jobrro

I want a Double Mac Jr

Yeah.

I remember in the 90s or early 2000s in Australia they had a similar deal IIRC the names Mini Mac and Mega Mac. I think they were on the normal size patties and buns, but the Mini Mac was essentially the Mac Jr. and the Mega Mac was the Big Mac with double patties. Not sure why they don't have these sorts of burgers usually. I really like the Quarter Pounder and Big Mac, double Mac Jr. seems like the best of both worlds with a little extra meat. It's like they want to to choose between a good amount of meat or lettuce.

jts

...hate me...
Triple Cheeseburger is still unmatched.
That one is easy to order anytime though. It's just simple add-on items.

Although, McDonald's charges me 3.50 for it and it's a rip-off. The tally is a Double Cheeseburger (2€) + a beef patty (1€) + a slice of cheese (0.50).

What's funny is that a simple cheeseburger is just 1€, so if you order a double cheeseburger + cheeseburger it comes cheaper than a triple cheeseburger, and has the same ingredients and extra buns.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
big-mac-canada-hed-2017.jpg

I thought this was about the new Bacon Big Mac. I guess we don't get the US ones in Canada.

I'm not sure this would be good, but I want to try it to find out.

Also the mac jr is overpriced. Just get a mcdouble with no ketchup, add mac sauce and lettuce.

tbh I wish there was another Mac option between Little Mac and Regular Mac. The standard Big Mac was always too much Mac for me, but they took away too much Mac when they made Mac Jr. That's not enough Mac for anyone, unless you are just buying it to put in another, larger Mac. Whatever whooper is better anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom