• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create 25/12 - 31/12

animal crossing is ridiculous.

almost selling exactly as much as portable ops in it's second week, despite having been out god knows how long now.

portable ops has actually got a pretty good second week, it just doesn't look like after seeing the legs DS games have!

it seems plausible that nintendo will get 4 4 million sellers in the top ten (in the instance of counting pokemon together like Famitsu do).

the next gen party continues to stall in japan. japan votes for new gen.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Branduil said:
Wii Sports and Wii Play are well on their way to being million-sellers.

Out of curiousity, how many million-sellers did Gamecube have in Japan?
Just SSBM.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Finally, the Animal Crossing movie helped a bit the sales of the game.

Is this the firts time that a game it's in the top 20 for 3 xmas (talking about the Original Brain Training). It's impressive the sales trend of Brain Training Series, Animal Crossing, English Training and New Super Mario Bros. They never die.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
software sales were somewhat healthier last year... Wonder why... possble consequence of all the new hardware being launched = less money for consumers to spend on software?

Jammy

Banned
tanasten said:
Finally, the Animal Crossing movie helped a bit the sales of the game.

Is this the firts time that a game it's in the top 20 for 3 xmas (talking about the Original Brain Training). It's impressive the sales trend of Brain Training Series, Animal Crossing, English Training and New Super Mario Bros. They never die.

Both Brain Age games have only been on the charts for two Christmases in a row. More Brain Age has been in the top ten during both New Years'.

Jonnyram

GaimeGuy said:
software sales were somewhat healthier last year...
It certainly doesn't look that way to me. Number one sold more (thanks to the DQ brand), but everything else was lower than last year.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Jonnyram said:
It certainly doesn't look that way to me. Number one sold more (thanks to the DQ brand), but everything else was lower than last year.
yeah... ONE game is higher. that's my point. Aside from DQMJ, everything's low relative to last year.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Jonnyram said:
Time to buy Common Sense Training, Johnny.

LOCK

Oh noes not enough people showing people their Pokemans...

Pearl falls out of top 10. Pokemon bombed!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

joetachi

LOCK said:
Oh noes not enough people showing people their Pokemans...

Pearl falls out of top 10. Pokemon bombed!!!!!!!!!!!

lol
It seems that Pearl is the most hated one its allways lower than Diamond.

wow, interesting on DQM:J. DQ9 will cause Tokyo's subway system to stall.

Where's the hardware!

Someone make an itprintsmoney.gif using DQ9 and DS together.

Link

The Autumn Wind
VultureDude said:
looks like Pokemon Wii bombed, even with the DS support/interactiveness :S

what does this mean?
It means console Pokemon games don't do as well as the proper, portable games. Like it's always been.

ethelred

VultureDude said:

what does this mean?

It's already sold something like 200k... that's bombing? It's going to easily outsell Gale of Darkness, and depending on how long it lasts, could outsell Colosseum. Not bad for a shell of game with virtually no content whatsoever.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Pokemon isn't selling well because it's barely a game. It's just a pretty skin for your Pokemon wifi battles.

Brak

sp0rsk said:
Pokemon isn't selling well because it's barely a game. It's just a pretty skin for your Pokemon wifi battles.
I have a bunch of pretty skins back in my van that you might be interested in...
adc44fcf.jpg

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
VultureDude said:

what does this mean?

Means that Pokemon Stadium formula is a shit used to take money to the kids.

Edit: Now, if they we're smart, they would use the technology and they would make a big scale pokemon RPG.

Joe Molotov

tanasten said:
Edit: Now, if they we're smart, they would use the technology and they would make a big scale pokemon RPG.

People have been saying that since the N64, and it still has yet to happen.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
duderon said:
last year

1. NDS Brain Training 2 414,556 NEW
2. NDS Animal Crossing DS 205,119 (1,382,228)
3. NDS Mario Kart DS 168,680 (836,478)
4. PS2 Kingdom Hearts 2 156,837 (884,428)
5. NDS Brain Training 153,189 (1,157,870)
6. PS2 Front Mission 5 146,209 NEW
7. NDS Mario & Luigi 2 132,726 NEW
8. NDS Gentle Brain Training 82,789 (935,535)
9. NDS Tamagotchi 63,433 (784,537)
10. NDS Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon: Blue Rescue Force 61,154 (572,858)

DS - 390,181
PSP - 110,741
PS2 - 78,646
GBASP - 15,998
GC - 12,579
Xbox360 - 12,300
GBM - 11,234
GBA - 447
Xbox - 121

YTD / LTD
DS - 4,151,356 / 5,646,952
PSP - 2,200,710 / 2,682,962
DS Lead - 1,950,646 / 2,963,990

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79397
The good old days when I actually took the time to start threads.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Yeah hardware should be tomorrow. Then NPD and last week's MC on Thurs. Then MC hardware for last week on Fri.

And here's what I'm wondering. First of all, DQMJ has done so well it's making me wonder if it's actually a great game, or if it's just the DQ name that is selling it? I might have to fit this into my buying schedule if it is actually good. Hell. I still have to buy Rocket Slime.

You know I know it's been said already, but damn S-E are going to make a ton of cash off of the DS. It makes me wonder exactly when Nintendo will reveal the master plan of the Wii as a station for the DS at home, and moreover, how S-E will respond with their franchises. We already know about DQS and FF:CC2, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a World of Mana title be announced, nor the much-discussed Kingdom Hearts (with added Nintendo properties to make it Kingdom Stars).

It's a matter of time.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
PantherLotus said:
Yeah hardware should be tomorrow. Then NPD and last week's MC on Thurs. Then MC hardware for last week on Fri.
We will get MCV report on UK sales too. This is a heaven for sales whores.

These Nintendo domination are impressive. Iwata is a genius really.

Solsc

I hate to bring this up but with a 500,000+ PS3 should have at least one game in the top 30. No excuses. What are all these people playing, inless sony was right and everyone is just buying them for cheap BluRay

justchris

PantherLotus said:
And here's what I'm wondering. First of all, DQMJ has done so well it's making me wonder if it's actually a great game, or if it's just the DQ name that is selling it? I might have to fit this into my buying schedule if it is actually good. Hell. I still have to buy Rocket Slime.

Did you ever play DQVIII, or better yet, DQVII? Remember the monster hunting/battling mechanics from those games (they're actually very different between the two games, but I'm going somewhere with this). Imagine someone combined those two, then expanded it into it's own full game. At least, that's what I can tell from what I've heard. Hope that helps you make a decision.

And DQH:RS is great fun, even if it's a trifle short.

Solsc

inpHilltr8r said:
This is never true.

I honestly want to see what everyone thinks about this. I dont want to start a big debate or anything PS3 games should be selling... better

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
justchris said:
Did you ever play DQVIII, or better yet, DQVII? Remember the monster hunting/battling mechanics from those games (they're actually very different between the two games, but I'm going somewhere with this). Imagine someone combined those two, then expanded it into it's own full game. At least, that's what I can tell from what I've heard. Hope that helps you make a decision.

And DQH:RS is great fun, even if it's a trifle short.

So you really don't have a clue? ;)

Yeah, I played both of those, and all of the other American versions of the DQ series as well. I don't see how VIII and VII were that different in the battle department other than graphically? I mean, VIII had Tension (and special skills) and VII had jobs and stuff...but they couldn't have been more alike honestly.

I'll look into the game and report back. Perhaps with an official thread.

Joe Molotov said:
People have been saying that since the N64, and it still has yet to happen.

Not even worth bringing up. It will never happen as long as the portable series is popular. Nintendo has a good thing going. Why screw it up by putting it on the consoles?

Solsc said:
I hate to bring this up but with a 500,000+ PS3 should have at least one game in the top 30. No excuses. What are all these people playing, inless sony was right and everyone is just buying them for cheap BluRay

Well, if that's true, then HD DVD is officially buried in Japan, right?

I can't imagine HD DVD fans (or 360 fans who bought that add-on...especially those anime fans,) will be that happy with your analysis, if that's what you are trying to say.

Go ahead. Pick your poison.

Or better yet, just bail out now. It'd be safer.

D.Lo

So DS will hit 14 million this week.

Any best on when the DS will pass the PS2? Is PS2 the current record holder BTW?

My guess is August now that production is up.

Top Bottom