• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Dec 12 - 18

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Sholmes said:
I don't get the Japanese. They get gold dropped in their laps (Ryu Ga Gotoku) yet they rush for fucking Tamagotchi. Fools.
They got so much gold, yet they ignore the best of it. Kinda like everyone else in the world. If only Americans would stop buying shit like 50 cent bulletproof and buy fucking Dragon Quest 8 already.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Sholmes said:
I don't get the Japanese. They get gold dropped in their laps (Ryu Ga Gotoku) yet they rush for fucking Tamagotchi. Fools.

Looks like Sega's gonna get into even worse financial ruin then before. 4th party, anyone? :lol

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Sholmes said:
I'm sure Ryu Ga Gotoku is as great a kids game as Tamagotchi.Megarollseyes.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Sholmes said:

I dont get the Americans. They get gold dropped in their laps (Dragon Quest VIII) yet they rush for fucking Star Wars. Fools.

Doogdogg

Error2k4 said:
well what do you know.... Tales of the Abyss may actually meet Namco's expectations :lol

I expect huge drop in next week's charts.

What was their targetted this time? 800k? :lol

Oblivion

BorkBork said:
I dont get the Americans. They get gold dropped in their laps (Dragon Quest VIII) yet they rush for fucking Fitty Cent. Fools.

Fixed.

BorkBork said:
I dont get the Americans. They get gold dropped in their laps (Dragon Quest VIII) yet they rush for fucking Star Wars. Fools.

*cue owl pic*

DQ8 sold 99942k49 hojillion copies in Japan anyway, it doesn't need sales like Ryu Ga Gotoku.

And the American public is stupid in general.

neo2046

http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/rank/total_rank.html

11 PS2 Ryu Ga Gotoku
12 PS2 Pachiko Aladdin 2
13 PS2 Pawafuru Baseball 12 -Final ver-
14 NGC Mario Party 7
15 NDS Daredemo Asobi Taizen
16 PSP Monster Hunter Portable
17 PS2 Gallop Racer 8
18 NDS Dragon Ball Z
19 GBA Rockman EXE 6 電脳獣グレイガ
20 PS2 D.C.F.S.

21 PS2 biohazard 4
22 PS2 Momotaro Dentetsu 15
23 GC NARUTO 4
24 GBA Rockman EXE 6 電脳獣ファルザー
25 NDS Slime Morimori Dragon Quest 2
26 NDS Mushiking DS
27 PS2 Pacha Pacha 12
28 NDS Pokemon Troz
29 NDS nintendogs 柴 & Friends
30 NDS nintendogs Chiwawa & Friends

Sholmes said:
*cue owl pic*

DQ8 sold 999420101010k49 hojillion copies in Japan anyway, it doesn't need sales like Ryu Ga Gotoku.

And the American public is stupid in general.

You have to add a few zeros and other numbers.

Oblivion

So Ryu just barely missed the top 10. Still, that's what, less that 50k? They're only half way through to paying back the development costs.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Oblivion said:
So Ryu just barely missed the top 10. Still, that's what, less that 50k? They're only half way through to paying back the development costs.
And 2 more continents to bank on.

Rlan

Anyone here happen to be able to get the BOTTOM 10 or 20 selling DS games in Japan [or even America]? With Brain Training and Tamagotchi going so well, I'm sure there are some great games that are selling like shit [Pac 'N Roll, Viewtiful Joe]

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Tabris said:
GBA Final Fantasy IV bombed pretty hard.

Wonder how KH2 will do.

100k for a 10 plus year old game that's been ported before is a bomb? News to me.

KH2 will be a monster! Definitely more than Abyss.

Rlan said:
Anyone here happen to be able to get the BOTTOM 10 or 20 selling DS games in Japan [or even America]? With Brain Training and Tamagotchi going so well, I'm sure there are some great games that are selling like shit [Pac 'N Roll, Viewtiful Joe]

Last time I checked, Viewtiful Joe's LTD sales were around the 9000 mark :(

Oblivion

Cripes, in all the excitement with the DS I forgot how the PSP is doing. :lol

One game in the top 30? Damn. Then again, PSPs still keep selling fairly well, even though people don't seem to buy games or umd movies (unlike over here in America).

Culex

Banned
If the PSP doesn't crack 100k this week, there's something very wrong. Sony should be troubled, too, if that's the case.

There's simply no end to the software sales on the DS. Contrary to that "other" quote about FFIV, it sold well for an upgraded port of a port. Animal Crossing and Mario Kart are single-handedly carrying the DS hardware/software this month. I shudder at the real numbers tomorrow night.

Let's put it this way, if the DS sells 400k and the PSP manages 100k for the 12-18 Dec, the DS will only be 150k away from DOUBLE the PSP installed base! @_@

littlewig

Banned
Gamecube holiday sales in 2003

dec 15-21
GC 95,100

dec 22-28
GC 154,500

dec 29-jan 4
GC 164,500

If PSP's second holiday season can't outperform Gamecube's third holiday season in Japan, Sony is in trouble.

You know I just can't see it doing that. The GC always had huge software sales around the holidays that helped push the hardware, the PSP just doesn't have that in Japan.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just because I don't like to see the rounded off numbers.

01. PS2 Tales of Abyss 404,667 NEW
02. NDS Animal Forest 183,699 (760,977)
03. NDS Mario Kart 145,666 (365,057)
04. GBA Final Fantasy 4 96,848 NEW
05. NDS Tamagotchi 91,747 (564,923)
06. GBA Pokemon Dungeon Red 84,669 (355,624)
07. NDS Pokemon Dungeon Blue 80,484 (353,918)
08. NDS Brain Training 56,529 (911,441)
09. PS2 Rogue Galaxy 50,520 (288,151)
10. NDS Gentle Brain Training 47,799 (772,847)

mutsu

Fuzzy said:
Just because I don't like to see the rounded off numbers.

01. PS2 Tales of Abyss 404,667 NEW
02. NDS Animal Forest 183,699 (760,977)
03. NDS Mario Kart 145,666 (365,057)
04. GBA Final Fantasy 4 96,848 NEW
05. NDS Tamagotchi 91,747 (564,923)
06. GBA Pokemon Dungeon Red 84,669 (355,624)
07. NDS Pokemon Dungeon Blue 80,484 (353,918)
08. NDS Brain Training 56,529 (911,441)
09. PS2 Rogue Galaxy 50,520 (288,151)
10. NDS Gentle Brain Training 47,799 (772,847)

Exact numbers FTW.

Andy787

Banned
elostyle said:
I'm sure Ryu Ga Gotoku is as great a kids game as Tamagotchi.Megarollseyes.
Why the fuck do you people defend fucking Tomagotchi? Jesus, even if you had kids, and they liked it, do YOU like it?
Sholmes said:
Who gives a shit about the fucking kids. NOT I.
Seriously.

Man, where the FUCK is the Ryu Ga Gotoku love, you tasteless bastards!? :mad:

littlewig

Banned
Andy787 said:
Why the fuck do you people defend fucking Tomagotchi? Jesus, even if you had kids, and they liked it, do YOU like it?

Seriously.

Man, where the FUCK is the Ryu Ga Gotoku love, you tasteless bastards!? :mad:

It's not like people who are buying Tomagotchi would have bought Ryu Ga Gotoku instead, geez.

It's like complaining that no one went to see Wax because they all went to see Charlie's Chocolate Factory instead.

Monk

Banned
HOW DARE KIDS PLAY VIDEOGAMES, THEY ARE RUINING THE INDUSTRY!!11

Really why does it matter that a kids game sells well? Bitch about the other game not selling well, dont bring tamagothci into it. Same applies when bitching about non-games.

mutsu

Actually I won't be surprised if Tamagotchi is mostly played by teenage girls, maybe from age 12-17. You can't call these kids.

But yeah, hey these are totally different kind of games... so don't compare them...

cvxfreak

Monk said:
HOW DARE KIDS PLAY VIDEOGAMES, THEY ARE RUINING THE INDUSTRY!!11

Really why does it matter that a kids game sells well? Bitch about the other game not selling well, dont bring tamagothci into it. Same applies when bitching about non-games.

I'm sure little kids are wondering what the hell the fuss is about with GTA or something.

Tiktaalik

I think I normally would have criticized this top 10, except that all I've been playing for a week is Animal Crossing and that game is totally rad. It deserves to be selling as it is.

heavenly

I'm disappointed that Mario & Wario (Nintendo's sales pillars) permitted new franchises to outsell them. I mean, c'mon. Mario & Wario couldn't hit a mil, but the Brain Training games will easily. Nintendogs most likely will too? If the new Super Mario game doesn't sell 1mil, then it's time for Mario to pack up his bags.

Doogdogg

heavenly said:
I'm disappointed that Mario & Wario (Nintendo's sales pillars) permitted new franchises to outsell them. I mean, c'mon. Mario & Wario couldn't hit a mil, but the Brain Training games will easily. Nintendogs most likely will too? If the new Super Mario game doesn't sell 1mil, then it's time for Mario to pack up his bags.

Famicom Mini Super Marios Bros. says hi.

Top Bottom