• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 10/13 - 10/19

Rocksteady33

Stumpokapow said:
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
NSMB
Brain Age 2
Animal Crossing
Brain Age
Mario Kart
English Training
Nintendogs (combined SKUs only)
Mario Party DS
Common Knowledge Training
Big Brain Academy
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon MD2: Explorers of Time / Darkness (combined SKUs only)
Tetris DS
DQIV
DQV
WarioWare: Touched!
Tamagotchi Corner Shop
Super Mario 64 DS
Kirby Squeak Squad
Love and Berry
Final Fantasy III
Rhythm Tengoku Gold

Did Dragon Quest Joker not make it to a million? That surprises me..

USD said:
So how many million sellers on DS are there now in Japan? 30+?
Famitsu:

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
New Super Mario Bros.
Brain Age 2
Animal Crossing
Brain Age
Mario Kart DS
English Training
Nintendogs
Mario Party DS
Pokémon Platinum
General Knowledge Training
Big Brain Academy
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness/Explorers of Time
Tetris DS
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
WarioWare: Touched!
Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop
Super Mario 64 DS
Hoshi no Kirby DS
Love & Berry DS
Final Fantasy III

= 23 million sellers

+ Rhythm Tengoku Gold = 24 million sellers

+ Dragon Quest VI = 25 million sellers

+ Dragon Quest IX = 26 million sellers

+ ???

Edit:
Omg, too slow. xD

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
23 DS Million Sellers
1. Pokémon Diamond / Pearl ( 5,578,782 )
2. New Super Mario Bros. ( 5,281,886 )
3. Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day ( 4,897,082 )
4. Animal Crossing: Wild World ( 4,730,152 )
5. Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day ( 3,689,161 )
6. Mario Kart DS ( 3,216,022 )
7. English Training: Have Fun Improving Your Skills ( 2,051,037 )
8. Nintendogs (Labrador, Dachshund, Chihuahua) ( 1,777,272 )
9. Mario Party DS ( 1,763,496 )
10. Pokémon Platinum ( 1,602,535 )
11. Kanshuu Nippon Joushikiryoku Kentei Kyoukai: Imasara Hito ni wa Kikenai Otona no Joushikiryoku Training DS ( 1,538,618 )
12. Big Brain Academy ( 1,492,095 )
13. Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker ( 1,458,149 )
14. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Time/Darkness ( 1,392,972 )
15. Tetris DS ( 1,232,061 )
16. Dragon Quest IV ( 1,201,771 )
17. Dragon Quest V ( 1,152,229 )
18. WarioWare: Touched! ( 1,136,255 )
19. Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop ( 1,110,046 )
20. Super Mario 64 DS ( 1,069,060 )
21. Kirby Squeak Squad ( 1,060,257 )
22. Oshare Majo Love & Berry - DS Collection ( 1,039,669 )
23. Final Fantasy III ( 1,008,230 )

Actually, you know what? I think LBP will do respectable numbers, but they'll be low enough that people will rush in and say things like "Planetbomb" or "Little Big Bomba".

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Captain Smoker said:
Famitsu:

= 23 million sellers

+ Rhythm Tengoku Gold = 24 million sellers

+ Dragon Quest VI = 25 million sellers

+ Dragon Quest IX = 26 million sellers

+ ???

Edit:
Omg, too slow. xD

+ Layton 1 & 2 eventually? After 3 releases?

donny2112

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Actually, you know what? I think LBP will do respectable numbers, but they'll be low enough that people will rush in and say things like "Planetbomb" or "Little Big Bomba".

It will most likely not join MGS4 on the far side of 400K, but it'll probably do okay. 200K wouldn't be a bad LTD guess, but there is more than enough uncertainty that it could go below or above that.

Cooking Navi!, Layton 1, Observation Training, and Yoshi's Island are all between 850 and 900K. No DS games (by Famitsu) are currently in the 900s except for RTG which should hit 1 million by Famitsu in a week or two. Of those four, Observation Training probably has the best shot at 1 million. Layton 1 could see another bump with Layton 3's release, though.

Ooo. Subtle. I like that.

donny2112

Regulus Tera said:
What is this Love and Berry game that apparently made it to a million?

Tween girl dress up game using a GBA-slot card reader (no sequel on the DSi! :lol ) and based off of a popular arcade game that used the cards as well.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida Or 2 (Sony) 59,000 / NEW
That's that 2d "looks like a homebrew" dungeon maker type of game isn't it? Any data on much first one sold?

Anyone else question SCEJ's sanity with putting Piyotamas and god knows what else on PSN but they don't bother localizing things like THIS and put them up on PSN. :(

Hive

Banned
When is Doki Doki 3 coming out? I never thought that stuff would sell more than 9,000 copies, but sure enough! It was over 9,000! Way over that, and the sequel sold well, too~

Selling 3m in the long run doesn't make any first week numbers exceptional. Wii Music start is rather lukewarm although personally I thought it'd be worse and I also expected way less than that over 300k shipment. I'm sure that if Nintendo ships that much they are confident they'll sell it pretty easily (AKA bunch of ads on tv all the time until holidays end). Wouldn't be surprising to see Wii Music over a million when January comes.

Oh, congrats to RTG, DS making some really good million sellers, let's hope this turd released today doesn't make it :lol
61GoMTNLD1L._SL500_SL150_.jpg

doicare

Private Hoffman said:
Wii Music bombed?

Unless it can somehow have serious legs.

How much did Wii Fit sell first week in JPN?

Wii music will have legs, just not in the same type of league as wii fit tho.

jesusraz

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Oh, congrats to RTG, DS making some really good million sellers, let's hope this turd released today doesn't make it :lol
And people scoffed when I suggested RTG might break the million mark before Christmas! Great to see it going so strong, even though I personally prefer the control input of RT GBA.

Is there any info available about that Nintendo cat-walk thing? All I've seen is a very brief clip of nicely modelled women walking up and down. Graphics looked decent...

Laguna

Banned
I think "Girls Mode" will be really popular among girls and a quality title for what it is. This might be another success story for Nintendo and imo well-deserved.

And Wii Music, I agree that it hasn´t the mass market appeal like Wii Sports or Wii Fit but it still will sell and be promoted very well, in the long run.

jesusraz

Laguna said:
And Wii Music, I agree that it hasn´t the mass market appeal like Wii Sports or Wii Fit but it still will sell and be promoted very well, in the long run.
It started stronger than the original Brain Training and that went on to sell over 3.5 million copies, so who knows. You never can predict just how these games will perform. Just look at Face Training, which struggled to hit 100,000 units in total...

With the big advertising push and the end of year general boost period approaching, it could very well take off in the coming weeks.

Laguna

Banned
Yes, I remember the first week sales for Face Training they weren´t great either. Wii Music most likely will sell more in every single December week than this week if WiiFit performance last year is any indication, so long as they actually promote it as strong as WiiFit.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Selling 3m in the long run doesn't make any first week numbers exceptional. Wii Music start is rather lukewarm although personally I thought it'd be worse and I also expected way less than that over 300k shipment. I'm sure that if Nintendo ships that much they are confident they'll sell it pretty easily (AKA bunch of ads on tv all the time until holidays end). Wouldn't be surprising to see Wii Music over a million when January comes.

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/61GoMTNLD1L._SL500_SL150_.jpg
So is this something like that SCE app/game MyStylist for PSP and supports the new camera or is it more like a game where you dress up people?

943344_96239_front.jpg

ayrkain

Fafalada said:
Anyone else question SCEJ's sanity with putting Piyotamas and god knows what else on PSN but they don't bother localizing things like THIS and put them up on PSN. :(

Oooh oooh! Me! I do! ;)

Seriously, I'd love a localized Yuusha (thought I read that Sony's calling it Destroy All Heroes now?).

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Kurosaki Ichigo said:

But look at those legs! O=

Phife Dawg said:
So is this something like that SCE app/game MyStylist for PSP and supports the new camera or is it more like a game where you dress up people?

943344_96239_front.jpg

Those seem like some fine and dandy legs too!

zoku88 said:
Kirby doesn't really sell that well, does it?
Sometimes. The last DS Kirby passed a million. Here are the ones in Garaph.
DS+-+KSS

And some replies from the previous thread:
Gaborn said:
And yet two years ago people were assuming the PS3 would win Japan easily :lol :lol :lol
Three years, sure. Two point 5 years, likely. But we're now to the point where two years puts us within 1-2 months of the PS3/Wii launches; I think there were signs it wouldn't be so easy by that point.
donny2112 said:
How Wii Music is actually doing will be determined by its second and third week sales.
Quite. Still, since we have only the one week so far, I tossed that into the trajectory matcher to see how other Nintendo-published games that started that well have performed. On the low end there's Minish Cap (235K), and on the high end the first GCN Animal Crossing release (641K).

RJT

Finally, I don't see a single PS3 or 360 game in the top 30 at all. When's the next big release?
Is this the first time? Can some SQL expert get that info from garaph?

Phife Dawg said:

943344_96239_front.jpg
It looks like you dress up girls and do some makeups and so:
512Cs8OhzSL._AA280_.jpg
518jOvBMQRL._AA280_.jpg

I think SCEJ is working on something similar for PS3 called Dress, just watched the video and I don't really understand what it is though :lol Might be Home integrated or just dressing guys to ¿dance? Looks like another gem and perfect fit for PS3 from SCEJ anyway :p

apujanata

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

What is that 10000 stand for ? 10K legs ? 10K model ?

ayrkain said:
Oooh oooh! Me! I do! ;)

Seriously, I'd love a localized Yuusha (thought I read that Sony's calling it Destroy All Heroes now?).
:eek: I didn't notice that before that in the japanese press release (translated to english) for the PSP Store it calls it that:
http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/081009de.html
To further enhance the game line-up of PlayStation Store for PSP, all UMD titles to be released from SCEJ will become available in downloadable version as well at release *2, first of which is Destroy All Heros 2 to be released on Thursday October 16, 2008.
Pretty weird, I don't remember them using such name when referring to the first one, and it wouldn't make much sense to release the 2nd with this name when they didn't release the first one...

apujanata said:
What is that 10000 stand for ? 10K legs ? 10K model ?
Amount of items available in the game between clothes, accesories and that I think.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
It looks like you dress up girls and do some makeups and so:
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/512Cs8OhzSL._AA280_.jpg http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/518jOvBMQRL._AA280_.jpg
I think SCEJ is working on something similar for PS3 called Dress, just watched the video and I don't really understand what it is though :lol Might be Home integrated or just dressing guys to ¿dance? Looks like another gem and perfect fit for PS3 from SCEJ anyway :p
Ah OK, so it's basically like a virtual barbie doll with more clothes/styles etc. not that interesting.

I thought the MyStylist stuff was actually a pretty decent idea, I wouldn't mind a program where I can combine my suits/shirts/ties etc. Get on the ball SCE :lol .

Dress looks like something integrated to Home for sure, could be cool for the (creepy) people who like this sort of stuff. And in defense of SCEJ, I actually think Afrika and Aquanaut's are interesting - though they aren't really a fit to PS3's audience.

RJT said:
Is this the first time? Can some SQL expert get that info from garaph?
I think I've got this set up correctly. It takes every week since X360's launch and shows how many PS3 and X360 games were in the Famitsu top 30. It's happened a number of times before that a game for neither is in the top 30 (in PS3's first year), but many of the blanks are false. Due to it being a round-peg/square-hole issue, when Famitsu combines two weeks the rank numbers aren't in the database for either week. Since it still has data in there for those weeks, though, it considers them valid weeks where neither PS3 nor X360 had games in the top thirty.

It looks like the last time it happened that can't be blamed on incomplete data was the week of... 2007-07-16. That week the top 30 consisted of
23 DS games
5 Wii games
2 PS2 games

test_account

XP-39C²
Gaborn said:
I wonder how many PS3 games had a bigger first week. Sure there have been some, but if THAT is "bombing"...
If a game sells less copy compared to another game, then it doesnt necessarily means that the game that sold the fewest copies is a bomb, if that is what you mean? For example, if Dragon Quest 9 for the DS ends up selling i.e 400k copies in total (LTD), then it might be concidered as a bomb because the expecations for Dragon Quest 9 to sell is higher than 400k.

Several of PS3 games have sold less than 400k copies in total (LTD), and i think we have several of PS3 games that have underpreformed (as the publisher and/or developer thought it would sell more), which i guess we can call some of these games for bombs, or atleast semi-bombs, but in the example that i mentioned regarding Dragon Quest 9, it doesnt necessarily means that Dragon Quest 9 wouldnt be a bomb (or atleast a semi-bomb) just because several of PS3 games has sold less copies than 400k.

Therefor i wont say that it would be a fair comparison just to look at any other PS3 games (or any other gaming system for that matter) that sold less than Wii Music did (atleast the first week sales) and say that the PS3 game is a bigger bomb. It depends on which game title it is and how big expectations the sales are for the game :)

When it comes to Wii Music, i am not going to say that it bomb because it has only been 4 days of sales and i wouldnt exactly say that about 100k copies sold the first week is bad. Maybe it is less compared to the other games in the "Wii" serie (Wii Sport, Wii Play and Wii Fit), but all the games in the "Wii" serie has all been games that have sold relatively well every week since they were released. I think this might happend to Wii Music as well :)

I'm not sure if Nintendo is worried or anything, but according to Sinobi's Blog the first shippment of Wii Music was around 350k if i remember correctly. If Wii Music sold about 100k the first week, then the sellthrough is about 29%. That is not super good, atleast in my opinion. But as i said, i'm not saying that Wii Music is a bomb and Wii Music might be a game that will contunie to sell well for a long time, and maybe Nintendo thinks like this way too, so it might be that they arent worried about the Wii Music sales at all :)

test_account

XP-39C²
Oh, i forgot to say this earlier, congratulations to Nintendo and to the developer of Rhytm Tengoku (or maybe Nintendo is the developer as well as the publisher?) for another million seller in Japan on the DS! :)

test_account said:
Oh, i forgot to say this earlier, congratulations to Nintendo and to the developer of Rhytm Tengoku (or maybe Nintendo is the developer as well as the publisher?) for another million seller in Japan on the DS! :)
Developed by Nintendo SPD Production Group 1, the developers of the two GBA Metroids and co-developers (with Int Systems) of Wario Ware and Card Hero.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
test_account said:
If a game sells less copy compared to another game, then it doesnt necessarily means that the game that sold the fewest ends up selling i.e 400k copies in total (LTD), then it might be concidered as a bomb because the expecations for Dragon Quest 9 to sell is higher than 400k. Several of PS3 games have sold less than 400k copies in total (LTD), but that doesnt necessarily means that Dragon Quest 9 wouldnt be a bomb (or atleast a semi-bomb) just because several of PS3 games has sold fewer copies.

Therefor i wont say that it would be a fair comparison just to look at any other PS3 games (or any other gaming system for that matter) that sold less than Wii Music did (atleast the first week sales) and say that the PS3 game is a bigger bomb. It depends on which game title it is and how big expectations the sales are for the game :)

When it comes to Wii Music, i am not going to say that it bomb because it has only been 4 days of sales and i wouldnt exactly say that about 100k copies sold the first week is bad. Maybe it is less compared to the other games in the "Wii" serie (Wii Sport, Wii Play and Wii Fit), but all the games in the "Wii" serie has all been games that have sold relatively well every week since they were released. I think this might happend to Wii Music as well :)

I'm not sure if Nintendo is worried or anything, but according to Sinobi's Blog the first shippment of Wii Music was around 350k if i remember correctly. If Wii Music sold about 100k the first week, then the sellthrough is about 29%. That is not super good, atleast in my opinion. But as i said, i'm not saying that Wii Music is a bomb and Wii Music might be a game that will contunie to sell well for a long time, and maybe Nintendo thinks like this way too, so it might be that they arent worried about the Wii Music sales at all :)

So you're saying that it may or may not be a bomb and these first week sales which are less than other Wii series' first weeks may or may not be a cause for Nintendo to worry?

Are you certain?

phez

Banned
I'm surprised at the lack of faith around LBP. Why do some of you think it won't sell well in Japan of all places?

Top Bottom