• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 10/20 - 10/26

FrankT

iceatcs said:
What is funny that, PS3 only need another about 10K to 15K outsell to 360 to break even from 360 increase from 7 weeks part.

Actually in the last 7 weeks it would be more like 39,718. One week the 360 had 20,519k advantage.

iceatcs

harSon said:

They're millions ahead of Microsoft in Japan, I'm sure they could care more about their own livelihood then some minuscule competition with the 360 :lol
I know, but the 360 increase from 7 weeks ago to now, will become pointless for Microsoft after spent so much security on RPGs where Sony don't have one on this term.

Jtyettis said:
Actually in the last 7 weeks it would be more like 39,718. One week the 360 had 20,519k advantage.

Well I have add up in estimate for whole 7 weeks inc new numbers this week (I rather MC but wait for Thur), and it is about 10 to 15K different.

-Kh-

Banned
Hero said:
GTAIV outsold LBP? What the fuck?

I don't know why people were expecting LBP to do awesome numbers in Japan.

Just for comparition, did the N64 Banjo games did so good to expect a western platformer to perfom good in Japan?

FrankT

iceatcs said:
I know, but the 360 increase from 7 weeks ago to now, will become pointless for Microsoft after spent so much security on RPGs where Sony don't have one on this term.

Well I have add up in estimate for whole 7 weeks, and it is about 10 to 15K different.

I've added it to right here advantage 360:

Last 7 weeks of MC. Take a rough advantage of Famtisu numbers of 30k PS3 and it's still short 9k.

iceatcs

Jtyettis said:
I've added it to right here advantage 360:

Last 7 weeks of MC. Take a rough advantage of Famtisu numbers of 30k PS3 and it's still short 9k.

Bingo, well less than mine 10 to 15K

iceatcs said:
What is funny that, PS3 only need another about 10K to 15K outsell to 360 to break even from 360 increase from 7 weeks part.

The 360 has made some positive gains based on it's previous sales levels but I think the commentary directly comparing 360/PS3 was meant to reflect surprise that the PS3 was as low as it was - not that 360 had some sustainable chance of overhauling the PS3 as Japan's second system. What you said is the equivalent of someone stating that, upon seeing the Dec2007 NPD results, the PS3 had completely eroded the lead that the GBA gained in the summer of 2007 in just one month - there was never a real battle going on, it was just a yardstick for how poorly the PS3 was performing at that time.

That said - this is a pretty good HW week for PS3 and I think those sales for LBP look alright. Hopefully good word of mouth keeps it around for a few more weeks.

PS3 did better than what I at least expected, not bad at all. Will be interesting to see how the demand develops from here on out, esp. regarding the key titles.

fanboi said:
LBP good or bad?
Bad considering it was supposed to be a big title even in Japan. But it did OK in regards to more realistic expectations imo.

ksamedi said:
Dissapointing LBP numbers to say the best.
Only if you were in the camp with the crazy expectations.

Jonnyram

iceatcs said:

Well I have add up in estimate for whole 7 weeks inc new numbers this week (I rather MC but wait for Thur), and it is about 10 to 15K different.
This is just one week of good sales for PS3 based on several new bundles that were launched at the same time, as well as a few high profile titles. 360 has been outselling PS3 consistently since the RPGs started coming out, and there's no reason to believe this one week blip will have a prolonged stay.

Nice 160k for GTAIV. 34k too high for GT5P Spec III, although I suppose its counting the units bundled with 80GB SKUs. I doubt the standalone version sold that much.

Okay for Valkyrie, the same number VP PSP port pulled (but in 4 days rather than 2). At least its no Sigma. Okay too I guess for Chocobo Wii-to-DS cash-in.

LittleBigPlanet ... so lukewarm, with so many SKUs I suppose it should have longer legs than the average PS3 game.

Pretty surprised at the Pedometer numbers, just 17k, will be interesting to see if it picks up, right now its nothing worth following.

So sad Avalon Code numbers, alongside new Harvest Moon Wii doing even worse than the previous one. Poor Marvelous. I hope Rune Factory does way better, and I'm already setting me up for disappointment with Nostalgio no Kaze next week.

Frillen

Kagari said:
I didn't think it would break 10K.

Fanboys lowering their expectations so they can act surprised later, which again puts their console of choice in a better light... Sounds not so surprising... Seriously, with GTA, GT5p and LBP + a gazillion new bundles + new TV commercials.. You still thought it would sell under 10k :lol :lol

Please...

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Frillen said:
Fanboys lowering their expectations so they can act surprised later, which again puts their console of choice in a better light... Sounds not so surprising... Seriously, with GTA, GT5p and LBP + a gazillion new bundles + new TV commercials.. You still thought it would sell under 10k :lol :lol

Please...
Yeah yeah, when I and other posters were saying that this was going to happen in the older MC threads we got the exact opposite response: "Can't see LBP shifting hardware" "360 has better value bundles coming up too, yet it's the same", etc.

Paracelsus

Jonnyram said:
This is just one week of good sales for PS3 based on several new bundles that were launched at the same time, as well as a few high profile titles. 360 has been outselling PS3 consistently since the RPGs started coming out, and there's no reason to believe this one week blip will have a prolonged stay.

Just like there's no reason to believe PS3 will get back at the 3/4k point. More like that it will stay on par with the X360 on the 6-7k level, exception made for TLR week, and the week after that.

Paracelsus said:
Just like there's no reason to believe PS3 will get back at the 3/4k point. More like that it will stay on par with the X360 on the 6-7k level, exception made for TLR week, and the week after that.
The week after TLR comes WE2009 which has a PS3 bundle...anyway I doubt we'll be seeing any trends from now on until holidays end.

Upcoming lineup of games (well known ones)
Code:
[U]11/6[/U]
NDS Hoshi no Kirby: Ultra Super Deluxe
NDS Nostalgeo no Kaze

[U]11/13[/U]
NDS Nishimura Kyotaro Suspense 2 Shin Tantei Series: Kanazawa - Hakodate - Gokkan no Kyoukoku - Fukushuu no Kage
NDS Fushigi no Dungeon: Fuurai no Shiren DS 2 - Sabaku no Majou
NDS Ryuusei no RockMan 3: Black Ace
NDS Ryuusei no RockMan 3: Red Joker
WII Family Ski: World Ski & Snowboard
PS3 Resistance 2
PS3 Samurai Dou 3
PS3 Derby Time Online

[U]11/20[/U]
NDS Chrono Trigger
NDS Saka-Tsuku DS: Touch and Direct
PSP Clank & Ratchet: Maru Hi Mission * Ignition
PSP Kidou Senshi Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam
PSP Prinny: Ore ga Shujinkou de Iinsuka?
WII Machi e Ikouyo: Doubutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing)
PS3 MotorStorm 2
PS3 Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
360 Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
360 The Last Remnant

[U]11/27[/U]
NDS Higurashi no Nakukoru ni Kizuna: Dai-Ni-Kan - Sou
NDS Layton Kyouju to Saigo no Jikan Ryokou
NDS Tamagotchi Kira Kira Omisecchi
PSP Higurashi Daybreak Portable
PSP Kenka Banchou 3: Zenkoku Seiha
PSP Musou Orochi: Maou Sairin
PSP Patapon 2: Don-Chaka
PSP Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX: Tag Force 3
WII Kotoba no Puzzle: Mojipittan Wii Deluxe
WII Naruto Shippuuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX3
WII Rune Factory Frontier
WII Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekidou
PS3 Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway
PS3 World Soccer Winning Eleven 2009
360 World Soccer Winning Eleven 2009

[U]12/4[/U]
NDS Blazer Drive
NDS Chou!! Nep League DS
NDS Hisshou Pachinko*Pachi-Slot Kouryaku Series DS Vol. 3: Shinseiki Evangelion - Yakusoku no Toki
NDS Sekai no Gohan Shaberu! DS Oryouri Navi
NDS Hajime no Ippo The Fighting! DS
NDS Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! DS: Mafia Daishuugou Bongole Festival
NDS Power Pro-Kun Pocket 11
PS2 Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World
PS2 Pro Yakyuu Spirits 5 Kanzenban
PSP LocoRoco 2
WII 428: Fuusa Sareta Shibuya de
WII Kaze no Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
PS3 Pro Yakyuu Spirits 5 Kanzenban
PS3 Saints Row 2
360 Fallout 3
360 Saints Row 2

[U]12/11[/U]
NDS Chocobo to Mahou no Ehon: Majo to Shoujo to 5-Jin no Yuusha
NDS Tales of Hearts
WII Samba de Amigo
WII Taiko no Tatsujin Wii
WII Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes
WII Wii De Asobu Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat
PS3 Mirror's Edge
360 Banjo to Kazooie no Daibouken: Garage Daisakusen
360 Mirror's Edge

[U]12/18[/U]
NDS Bokujou Monogatari (Harvest Moon): Youkoso Kaze no Bazaar e
NDS Gensou Suikoden Tierkreis
NDS Momotarou Dentetsu: 20-Shuunen
NDS Ragnarok Online DS
PS2 Fate/Unlimited Codes
PS2 Gundam Musou 2
PS2 Hisshou Pachinko*Pachi-Slot Kouryaku Series Vol. 13: Shinseiki Evangelion - Yakusoku no Toki
PSP Dissidia: Final Fantasy
WII Bleach: Versus Crusade
PS3 Gundam Musou 2
360 Fable II
360 Gundam Musou 2
360 Prince of Persia

[U]12/25[/U]
NDS Phantasy Star Zero
PSP Zill O'll Infinite Plus
WII Wii De Asobu Pikmin
WII BioHazard
PS3 Shirokishi Monogatari (White Knight Chronicles)
PS3 BioShock
360 DoDonPachi Daioujou Black Label Extra

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
BUNDLEBUMP!!!!!!

Question:
According to YOY summaries, this week and next week are supposed to be the beginning of the end-of-year climb. DS is up (DSi), PSP is up (PSP3K), PS3 is up (BUNDLEBUMP). But look at Wii and 360 and you'll see that they've been amazingly consistent for the past month but have a comparitive "down" week this week.

What gives? I think we have to look at what the market will bear. I'm going to start doing charts based on total units sold for all consoles and compare that YOY. I think that there are some X number of units that will sell each week, and the closer that we approach that number, the more sales of one will eat into the sales of another. Read: Wii and 360 each did not have their expected end-of-year beginning climb this week because of PS3's bundlebump.

[Nintex]

-Kh- said:
No Fallout 3 on PS3?
MS is the publisher in Japan

Wii Music isn't selling like Wii Play or Wii Sports, I wonder how Wii Music will hold up in Europe and the US. Also it seems that the DS will again rock the charts this Q4, just look at that line-up! There's Tales, Chocobo, Chrono Trigger, Kirby etc.

If GTA4 manages to have enough legs to beat out Wii Music, this will be a major triumph for core gaming over casual gaming in Japan.

Please have legs LBP!

-Kh-

Banned
PuppetMaster said:
If GTA4 manages to have enough legs to beat out Wii Music, this will be a major triumph for core gaming over casual gaming in Japan.

What the hell are you talking about........

Elios83

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
The week after TLR comes WE2009 which has a PS3 bundle...anyway I doubt we'll be seeing any trends from now on until holidays end.

Still no date for Naruto PS3 in Japan?
It should be out this month and I think it will do fine.
Really good DSi and PS3 sales this week. Many people were clearly expecting the new 80GB bundles to buy a PS3 hence the really low sales in the previous weeks after TGS.
When do sales start to pick up typically in Japan? Last week of November or earlier?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
PuppetMaster said:

Please have legs LBP!
I've got one: if James Bond can beat Ratatouille it will be a major triumph for action movies over family movies!

manzo

After all the gazillion different bundles of Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue C-Spec, PS3 sold only 36k?

I was betting on at least 70k sold. :/

Spiegel

manzo said:
After all the gazillion different bundles of Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue C-Spec, PS3 sold only 36k?

I was betting on at least 70k sold. :/

AHUAHUAHUA

Sure

And GT5 is the same GTprologue from last year with the free online updates in the blu ray. Why would have to be a system seller?

[Nintex]

PuppetMaster said:

Please have legs LBP!
So you want GTAIV to beat Wii Music because it'll be a victory for hardcore gaming but at the same time you want the casual LBP to do well?

Also isn't GTAIV a casual game?

Sage00

Once And Future Member
carlosp said:
ah ok didnt know that. Did SE say anything about a release date already?
Nov 20 for 360, but TBA 2009 is as specific as they get for both PS3 and PC.

manzo

Spiegel said:
AHUAHUAHUA

Sure

Even though it might sound like a reverse troll, I can assure you it was not.

Sony needs to get a fucking grip so that all the Japanese releases won't run to Wii and the handhelds.

Jokeropia

I wonder why the different DS versions are counted as separate SKUs by the trackers while the PSP versions are counted as one. Does anyone know?

gtj1092

Can I say that the Ps3 is more popular than the Wii in Japan because of
this week or does logic apply here?

Also I'm loving the damage control. No one thought the Ps3 would break 15,000 and believed that somehow the 360 had become more popular than Ps3 in Japan:lol

Looking at those GTA4 sales I guess sony realized before the rest of us that JRPGs were a waste of money hats.

Kafel

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:

I think there will be a range of new "Platinum" titles released for the 360 tomorrow.

I can understand that from a japanese POV the 360 and PS3 new releases are awful.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
gtj1092 said:

Also I'm loving the damage control. No one thought the Ps3 would break 15,000 and believed that somehow the 360 had become more popular than Ps3 in Japan:lol

Looking at those GTA4 sales I guess sony realized before the rest of us that JRPGs were a waste of money hats.

You've got to be kidding me.

FrankT

gtj1092 said:

What a joke.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
gtj1092 said:

*Looks at Wii release schedule*

lololololol :lol

apply logic.

Edit:
SackboyDJAvatar.gif

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
gtj1092 said:

Sorry mate, logic does apply.

:lol

PantherLotus said:
BUNDLEBUMP!!!!!!

Question:
According to YOY summaries, this week and next week are supposed to be the beginning of the end-of-year climb. DS is up (DSi), PSP is up (PSP3K), PS3 is up (BUNDLEBUMP). But look at Wii and 360 and you'll see that they've been amazingly consistent for the past month but have a comparitive "down" week this week.

What gives? I think we have to look at what the market will bear. I'm going to start doing charts based on total units sold for all consoles and compare that YOY. I think that there are some X number of units that will sell each week, and the closer that we approach that number, the more sales of one will eat into the sales of another. Read: Wii and 360 each did not have their expected end-of-year beginning climb this week because of PS3's bundlebump.
Could also be lack of something kickstarting things. Wii Music is no Super Mario Galaxy, and Animal Crossing isn't for a few more weeks.

X360 is already performing well compared to last year, though. It's like its bump started sooner, rather than needing to wait for Ace Combat 6 and Dynasty Warriors 6 in early November.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
JoshuaJSlone said:
Could also be lack of something kickstarting things. Wii Music is no Super Mario Galaxy, and Animal Crossing isn't for a few more weeks.

Yeah, I'm sure Nintendo expected Wii Music to make a bigger impact than it has so far.

Top Bottom